Firefox 87.0 available
mtPaint has been upgraded to latest git version (3.50-9)
There have been various security patches applied upstream so users are strongly advised to update to the latest kernels via Package Installer, synaptic or cli-aptiX. Available for 64 and 32 bit.
There have been various security patches applied upstream so users are strongly advised to update to the latest kernels via Package Installer, synaptic or cli-aptiX.
5.10.27 (antiX-19, bullseye, testing and sid)
4.19.184 (antiX-19, bullseye, testing and sid)
4.9.264 (antiX-19, bullseye, testing and sid)
4.4.264 (antiX-19, bullseye, testing and sid)
We have 2 versions for experienced users to try.
* sysvinit – antiX-bullseye-a2-x64-full is an alpha quality release for experienced testers of antiX to test and provide feedback.
Do not use this as your main OS.
Some basic differences from a1.
* 4.9.261 and 5.10.22 kernels on the live iso. Please try both in your tests.
* no virtualbox-guest packages
Hopefully many of the bugs found in a1 have been squashed.
* runit – Unlike the previous antiX-runit edition which uses Debian’s implementation of runit (basically a mixture of runit plus sysvinit), this version is closer to how runit works on Void and Artix linux.
Sysvinit has been replaced with various antiX runit scripts and our much smaller sysvinit package.
Please post any feedback at antiX forums and state if you are testing live, frugal, in a virtual machine or on bare metal.
All new isos are bug-fix/upgrades/improvements of antiX-19 sysvinit/runit series.
No need to download if using antiX-19(.x).
antiX-19.3 (Manolis Glezos) is based on Debian Buster and is fully systemd-free.
As usual we offer the following systemd-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture, running sysvinit or runit.
antiX-full (c1.2GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
antiX-base (c770MB no longer fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
antiX-core (c470MB) – no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption, but should support most wireless.
antiX-net (c170MB)- no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
The 32 bit versions use a non-pae kernel.
This series has put on some weight mainly due to the kernel supporting old and new hardware and the inclusion of more firmware (full, base and core editions).
* antiX wifi switch – tool to choose which wifi manager to use. Default is connman, ceni available.
* Improved and updated localisation
* mps-youtube includes another fix for apt_key bug
* A newer 4.9.235 kernel
* firefox-esr (78.3.0esr)
* libreoffice 184.108.40.206
* IceWM upgraded to latest upstream version (1.8.3)
* latest firmware backported from Debian sid.
* various upstream Debian security upgrades
* If you want to use the iso-snapshot application, you must upgrade both iso-snapshot-antix and iso-template-antix to latest versions (0.3.20 and 19.14 repectively)
See here for full list of what’s included on antiX-19 series.
anticapitalista, 16 October 2020, Thessaloniki
Added: I have also updated the Debian sid based net and core versions (sysvinit and runit, 32 and 64 arch). These images ship with a 5.8.7 kernel.