I’m running Antix on a 2012 Macbook. How can I check what CPU it has?
All new isos are bug-fix/upgrades/improvements of antiX-19 sysvinit/runit series.
No need to download if using antiX-19(.x).
antiX-19.4 (Grup_Yorum) is based on Debian Buster and is fully systemd-free.
As usual we offer the following systemd-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture, running sysvinit or runit.
antiX-full (c1.2GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
antiX-base (<700MB – fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
antiX-core (c400MB) – no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption, but should support most wireless.
antiX-net (c165MB)- no X, cli-installer without UEFI support nor encryption. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
The 32 bit versions use a non-pae kernel.
Note: runit editions are set up the Debian way, which is different from Void linux and Artix.
Future runit editions will be more similar to the Void/Artix way.
* more options in the installer
* SeaMonkey browser included on full and base editions
* mps-tube removed (it seems to be broken)
* ytfzf included. It opens/downloads YouTube clips using mpv/youtube-dl
* improved and updated localisation
* newer 4.9.0-264 kernel
* firefox-esr (78.10.0esr)
* libreoffice 7.0.4~rc2
* IceWM upgraded to latest upstream version (2.3.4)
* latest firmware backported from Debian sid.
* various upstream Debian security upgrades
* base edition fits on a cd
* iso-snashot-cli replaces iso-snapshot (gui) on base edition
* removed Package Installer from base edition
* removed smtube from base edition
* removed virtualbox-guest apps from base
* frugal install to encrypted partition supported
* After installation, networking may need setting up again and removing/reinstalling resolvconf
anticapitalista, 21 May 2021, Thessaloniki
Added: I have also updated the 4.19 kernel versions (full and base, sysvinit and runit, x64 arch only).