19.1 Wifi not working in toram option

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” 19.1 Wifi not working in toram option

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Feb 13-8:59 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    iI’m a fresh user. Previously working on puppy linux.
    Trying antix 19.1 toram boot option as safer and lower footprint.
    I tried it on all my laptops [Asus I7 x550j,HP I7] – wifi conection is very unstable.
    In puppy linu, Lubuntu or MX [too much ram…] wifi just works always. Just works.
    I cannot assure connection in antix [conman or ceni] eighter no wifi at all [no conky] or no internet access.
    Any reason? I tried out many live usb tools like Lili, rufus, unetbootin etc. same effect.
    Maybe need to install other packages.
    _ on netbook Intel atom N455 it works but this in a regular installation to HDD – no issues, the smallest, smoothest system, much faster than puppy.
    Regards

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Maybe try another (later) kernel?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

capreacaprea

If you want to use ceni instead of connman, you have to remove connman and create a new symlink for resolv.conf.
    Please look here
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/failing-with-liveusb-persistence/#post-32414

Hello,
    iI’m a fresh user. Previously working on puppy linux.
    Trying antix 19.1 toram boot option as safer and lower footprint.
    I tried it on all my laptops [Asus I7 x550j,HP I7] – wifi conection is very unstable.
    In puppy linu, Lubuntu or MX [too much ram…] wifi just works always. Just works.
    I cannot assure connection in antix [conman or ceni] eighter no wifi at all [no conky] or no internet access.
    Any reason? I tried out many live usb tools like Lili, rufus, unetbootin etc. same effect.
    Maybe need to install other packages.
    _ on netbook Intel atom N455 it works but this in a regular installation to HDD – no issues, the smallest, smoothest system, much faster than puppy.
    Regards

Hi pylades, welcome to the antiX forum.

I think you are saying that on many of your laptops the wifi either doesn’t work with toram session or is very unstable. But on one of your netbooks it works fine as installed to hard drive.

It sounds like a driver issue. But it’s hard to help unless we know the hardware on each machine. You need to work on one machine at a time. Get that machine working and then move on to the next. You could also try a USB dongle for Wireless networking. If you know the wifi dongle works then you can move that to the other machines for testing.

Share your system info for one of the machines that is not working and the netbook that is working. Use the command line to enter “inxi -Fxzra” and copy and paste here into the forum. Surround the inxi output in Code tags for easier reading on the forum.

Seaken64

If you run the LiveUSB in a toram session on the Netbook w/ Intel Atom N455 does it work?

If you install to hard drive on one of the other machines does it work?

Seaken64

Hi, thanks for quick reply and help. Just initially I booted NP-NC110 sambung netboot with mu 19.1 USB toram.
    Wifi didn’t start automatically – no conky. I started manually but – damm – some strange keyboard layout appeared, changing lauyot but of of buttons but I cannot get it to work, cannot enter passwords…see you in few hours. I think this is not easy for new antix users like me. I was spoiled by puppy or easyos. Best Regards friends!

Can you get us your system info? We need to see your hardware specifications.

I have some systems where antiX works and Puppy doesn’t. Always a hardware issue.

Also, for the sake of troubleshooting, try the 17.4 version of antiX. And use the Full version, or Base.

Seaken64

Hi Seaken64, I had to run win10 to get the HW data, maybe its enought. FYI – I use puppy since maybe 5 years like precise then xenial, now bionicpup on really many laptops, like independent in-ram system on company laptops and there was never a HWare issue, still like it a lot, using it. I was tempteted by antix low footprint and speed – antix smaller and faster than puppy – I always prefere optimized systems even having a resonable HWare. This is just a challenge information, don’t feel attacked please. So concluding antix learning curve is bigger, issues for new users. I like the approach and community. It is called freedom of choice. See my toram laptop – wifi not working in the file. I managed to access internet by USB in toram mode from my acient netbook, soon system screen from there Regards

Attachments:

Hi!
    I’m on my tiny samsung netbook NC110 on USB toram mode yet. I had to switch the keybord for UK and Polish [British keybord] the only working . There is also issue with screen resolution – 1024×600 some fields you can access only in full screen mode. But it is an unusual resolution yet. Conman working OK, easier to connect then on above asus and another one HP, but connection is not automatic on start up. See usb specs in the file. Any idea?

Attachments:
    1. Full_info.txt

Yes, I think antiX can be difficult sometimes. It will take some patience to figure out what is going wrong. But I usually find a way to get antiX working.

Unfortunately, I can’t be of clear help for you on exactly how to solve your problem. But someone here may have a better idea of how to help you. I do remember having to blacklist the “wl” driver once and choosing to load a different broadcom driver. So, it may be something similar for you. I think you have to figure out a driver issue.

If Puppy works for you you can continue to use that. Maybe you will be able to learn more about troubleshooting antiX at the same time and eventually you’ll be able to take advantage of the antiX live system.

Try searching the forum and google on “Broadcom drivers in antiX”.

Have you tried a LiveUSB with antiX-17?

Seaken64

There is also issue with screen resolution – 1024×600 some fields you can access only in full screen mode. But it is an unusual resolution yet.

You can use “Alt-Left Click” to move a window to view a large window on a small screen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.