A few new user questions

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions A few new user questions

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Mar 22-11:13 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

antiX 17.1 is installed on my IBM T43 laptop HDD.

1) I read that a frugal install is possible yet I didn’t see that as an option after booting from a live version from a usb stick. Can it be done and if so where do I find some docs on the process?

2) I setup a wifi connection and checked the box to automatically connect, but it doesn’t. On every boot I do the following: Menu> Application> Internet> Wicd> password and then the connection occurs. Am I missing something to make this happen automatically?

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

1. yes. check the “F5” menu for frugal boot options.

2. yes. edit /etc/default/wicd and change the Start_Daemon line to “yes”. should take effect on next restart.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

1. Frugal install is present in F5 live menu IF you do not use add type usb installation, which, unfortunately most live usb tools use.
    Our tool live-usb-maker or live-usb-maker-gui-antix will set it up automatically.

2. /etc/default/wicd change to START_DAEMON=yes

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-17/FAQ/persistence.html#_four_kinds_of_persistence
    Hmm, I just noticed the bottom of page mentions “Video”, but no video is embedded and no link provided.

Now fixed with 2 links to videos.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.