documentation suggestions from a new user

Forum Forums antiX-development Documentation documentation suggestions from a new user

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Dec 3-12:42 pm by joe04.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I downloaded the Base version to install in a VM, but I had to go to the FAQ to learn that it’s Full minus LibreOffice.

So, my suggestion is to clearly describe what the 3 versions are on the Download page. Something like this:

There are 3 versions of antiX-17:
    1) Core (X MB) is the OS and some utilities
    2) Base (Y MB) adds dozens of applications and fits on a CD-ROM. Note that LibreOffice is not included.
    3) Full (Z MB) adds LibreOffice

Also, please list the md5 checksums on the download page. I found them on Sourceforge, but it would be best to have them in both places.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Like this you mean

antiX Release notes

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

today i learned…

antiX site contains a “blog”, folks were able to post followup comments @ the ReleaseNotes page

antiX-17 released

suggestion is to clearly describe what the 3 versions are on the Download page

I hear ya. Even though the “Releases/News” header link is in plain sight, some folks won’t click.
    Embedding a (redundant and) truncated 3-liner summary description, as suggested in post #1, seems non-ideal.
    Better to place a callout / teaser immediately above the bolded H2 Downloads header text (or immediately below it)
    Tip: “Releases/News”, linked above, explains the differences between the Full / Base / Core versions

Forum Admin

today i learned…

antiX site contains a “blog”, folks were able to post followup comments @ the ReleaseNotes page

were able. I disabled comments to avoid spam.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin

antiX-17 FAQ

also mentions that libreoffice is not included on base.

Like this you mean

antiX Release notes

exactly! That’s what I was looking for yesterday, but didn’t see it because it’s not visible enough.

That should be linked on the front page. I suggest above the youtube video. Something like: “antiX-17 is the current version. See the [release notes].”

This way people can find it very easily.

And thanks for adding md5 to download page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.