Access to host computer's HDD

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Access to host computer's HDD

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by seaken64 Feb 5-11:16 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Zee

I just downloaded & installed 16 onto USB. Booted it up. The host HDD is visible through Rox & SpaceFM. The problem seems to be just with 17. Other problems I had with 17 (qjackctl not working & ALSA mixer settings not surviving reboot) have also disappeared. Is there a particular reason to update to 17?

Zee

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

antiX-16 is based on Debian jessie (initially released on April 26th, 2015 and supported until June 30, 2020), while antiX-17 is based on Debian/stretch (initially released on June 17th, 2017 and is supported until June 2022).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

Hmm iirc
    mkdir /mnt/sda1
    chmod 777 /mnt/sda1
    mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 (Some options here for user read/write)
    Otherwise without the options the user will likely not be able to view/edit the partition (depending on default mount setting) but root can. I cannot recall the options at the moment though…

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Zee

If Antix 16 works for me and has 16 months of life left, I’ll go for it.

Thanks for the support.

Zee

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Zee.
    seaken64

If Antix 16 works for me and has 16 months of life left, I’ll go for it.

Thanks for the support.

Zee

Hi Zee,

I understand your reasoning. Sometimes you just need something that works. I’m having some issues with antiX-17 with regards to some video adapters. The video seems to work fine in 16 OOTB but not in 17. I had to do some config changes in 17 to get the same results I was getting OOTB with 16.

I usually setup at least two partitions, one for 16 and one for 17. Once I sort it out I can use the partition for 16 for something else.

It’s true, you can stay with 16 for now. But eventually the Debian Jessie base will no longer get support. I figure I need to get 17 working on my machines now so that I can get support after next year.

Seaken64

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.