aCSTV — update to new version 1.09 fit for antiX23

Forum Forums General Software aCSTV — update to new version 1.09 fit for antiX23

• This topic has 41 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated May 6-1:54 pm by RJP.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    RJP

It is not a rox-filer problem, aCSTV crashes also when using zzz-icewm and launch aCSTV from /usr/share/applications/aCSTV.desktop file in zzzFM

System for testing is antiX 22 64-bit.

Attachments:
      RJP

Crash also in zzz-icewm in 23 beta if launching via symbolic link. Everyone can test itself. Link to desktop:

ln -s /usr/share/applications/aCSTV.desktop "$(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP)"

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by RJP.
        Robin

Crash also in zzz-icewm in 23 beta if launching via symbolic link. Everyone can test itself. Link to desktop:

ln -s /usr/share/applications/aCSTV.desktop "$(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP)"

I can confirm this. As already stated in the other antiX 23 thread, there is an issue with zzzFM also; also zzzFM puts all the programs it starts into a single process group, which should never take place.

As a workaround until roxfiler and the other misbehaving launch programs are fixed I’ll harden aCSTV, so it will create its own process group on startup.

Please try adding the following new line at the empty line 33 of aCSTV, near the head of the script before all executable lines:

[ "$$" != "$(ps -o pgid= "$$" 2>/dev/null | grep -o "[[:digit:]]*")" ] && exec setsid "$(readlink -f "$0")" "$@"

For me this works, and If I’m right with my diagnosis, this will prevent closing (not crashing, the kill 0 is intentional!) other programs not properly separated into process groups by whatever launcher programs. A launcher program always needs to make sure each program it starts up runs in an individual process group. If not, the programs will interact unwanted among each other, what you can see here.

With this additional line aCSTV will create on startup its individual process group if the launcher neglected this.

So please let me know whether this fixes the issue for you, then I can package the next version, including this fix.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

RJP

Please try adding the following new line at the empty line 33 of aCSTV, near the head of the script before all executable lines:

[ "$$" != "$(ps -o pgid= "$$" 2>/dev/null | grep -o "[[:digit:]]*")" ] && exec setsid "$(readlink -f "$0")" "$@"

No crash in antiX 23 beta with rox-icewm and launched from desktop link (icon).

RJP

More bugs in aCSTV – Video bitrate cannot change via settings, but change can do by editiding config file by hand.

Attachments:
              Robin

Seems yad can’t be kept from misinterpreting the enter key as “close the window” instead of “accept the value for this very entry field and stay“. (Maybe I’m wrong about this, do you see a way to persuade yad to keep the window open when pressing the enter key in the very field, just accepting the new value in this very field and not closing the dialog unexpectedly and unwanted?)

You’ll probably need to accept the value from the proposal list by selecting it by mouse click or use shift+enter (or key it in completely) and then close the dialog properly by using the save button, not by using any other method (like e.g. the enter key).

Btw, same should happen when modifying the tv time table URL entry field and pressing simply enter then. It will close the dialog unwanted, without saving anything.

By now the default dialog behaviour of the aCSTV settings dialog is:

Only the save button saves the changed settings. All other exit ways (including the enter key, not meant to leave the dialog at all) will act as “Abort” or “ESC”.

Lead Farmer

@Robin I install aCSTV. I think it’s grate, although I’m not a German speaker.

I don’t have experiences installing deb, what should I do, when I need install a new version? do I uninstall then install the new one?

RJP

@Robin I install aCSTV.
                    I don’t have experiences installing deb, what should I do, when I need install a new version? do I uninstall then install the new one?

Newer version installs automatically, because apt checks version number.

Lead Farmer

Newer version installs automatically, because apt checks version number.

That good to know

Robin

although I’m not a German speaker.

aCSTV is designed international, you don’t need to speak or understand German language at all to use it. It will start up with your system’s locale setting and use the translation to your language of the user interface, the help file, and also a localised stations list file.

If you notice any shortcoming of the translation to your language, please don’t hesitate to fix it directly at http://app.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/antix-contribs/acstv-antix-community-simple-tv-starter/ You’ll notice the source language is actually German, but please make sure to read the last paragraphe of the second part of the announcement about migration at http://app.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/communication/ dealing with the question how to translate using the English language as source within the translation editor. Also most of the multilingual manuals need still to be checked by native speakers of all the languages to the most recent version: http://gitlab.com/Robin-antiX/acstv/-/tree/main/resources/helpfiles There are editable odt files available in a subdirectory, and also two master files (in German and English) which can be used as a base for new translations. If your language is still missing (there are only ~100) please let me know, then I’ll try to add it.

Single thing left is: you’ll find the tv time table URL not being localised to any country; this is simply since nobody did provide an equivalent table listing accessible for people from other countries like the German example URL, so this is still present for all countries. It’s waiting for people submitting an URL for their country, so it can be included to the package. I’m working already on a version able to retrieve the program time table from the EPG database available from iptv-org just like the stations lists, but that’s pretty difficult to turn the data into a human readable chart table. Will take some more time until we’ll see this feature being integrated in aCSTV, so people will need to supply usable URLs or set them on their own in the aCSTV settings dialog.

Lead Farmer

aCSTV is designed international, you don’t need to speak or understand German language at all to use it. It will start up with your system’s locale setting and use the translation to your language of the user interface, the help file, and also a localised stations list file.

If you notice any shortcoming of the translation to your language, please don’t hesitate to fix it directly at http://app.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/antix-contribs/acstv-antix-community-simple-tv-starter/ You’ll notice the source language is actually German, but please make sure to read the last paragraphe of the second part of the announcement about migration at http://app.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/communication/ dealing with the question how to translate using the English language as source within the translation editor. Also most of the multilingual manuals need still to be checked by native speakers of all the languages to the most recent version: http://gitlab.com/Robin-antiX/acstv/-/tree/main/resources/helpfiles There are editable odt files available in a subdirectory, and also two master files (in German and English) which can be used as a base for new translations. If your language is still missing (there are only ~100) please let me know, then I’ll try to add it.

I’m using Antix in English language so didn’t need translation, I meant the channels are in German.

Single thing left is: you’ll find the tv time table URL not being localised to any country; this is simply since nobody did provide an equivalent table listing accessible for people from other countries like the German example URL, so this is still present for all countries. It’s waiting for people submitting an URL for their country, so it can be included to the package. I’m working already on a version able to retrieve the program time table from the EPG database available from iptv-org just like the stations lists, but that’s pretty difficult to turn the data into a human readable chart table. Will take some more time until we’ll see this feature being integrated in aCSTV, so people will need to supply usable URLs or set them on their own in the aCSTV settings dialog.

I understand that, Also I think some of the channels are blocked because my IP is outside Europe.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Lead Farmer.
                          • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Lead Farmer.
                          RJP

I’m using Antix in English language so didn’t need translation, I meant the channels are in German.

I understand that, Also I think some of the channels are blocked because my IP is outside Europe.

A tip for all: For contributing to get more channels to aCSTV, Chromium addon, Video m3u8 Sniffer, finds easily m3u8 -streams, what internet TV´s are using.

http://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-m3u8-sniffer-find-h/akkncdpkjlfanomlnpmmolafofpnpjgn

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.