Add LibreOffice 6.3 x386(32 bits) DEB to antiX Repo from Escuelas Linux build

Forum Forums General Software Add LibreOffice 6.3 x386(32 bits) DEB to antiX Repo from Escuelas Linux build

• This topic has 19 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jan 10-7:12 pm by skidoo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    wachinwachin

Escuelas Linux have compiled LibreOffice 6.3 for 32 bits DEB, they send my the deb files and I install it on antiX 9 x386 (32 bits)

DOWNLOAD DEBS:

https://github.com/wachin/LibreOffice-6.3-32bits-DEB

or clone:

git clone https://github.com/wachin/LibreOffice-6.3-32bits-DEB

See in action:

LibreOffice 6.3 x386(32 bits) woriking in antiX 9 Debian 10 Buster

I install Zotero citation manager and working fine:

Zotero working fine

The only thing is the icons for LibreOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Math, Draw not working in default IceWM, or Fluxbox.

the icons not working

Please do you can solve this (we try to solve but can’t), and then add to the antiX Repositories

Hallo Wachin, I still hope 64 Bit LO new version can be made a bit easier to access.
    32 Bit would also be nice as not available from LO Org or Debian Backports.

On your other problem I only know how with Ice WM which I find the best for speed and efficiency.

In Ice WM first you must add Libreoffice to the Personal Menu, after that you can add it to the Taskbar.

If you are on Ice and give the path to where Libreoffice is installed I can do my best to guide you to success.
    I have writer, calc and presenter icons setup along with those for other applications, works fine.
    Nice that you are working with linux for schools, I hope with more success than me.
    here Microschrott and Rottige Apfel are still winning
    (Tiny junk = MS and rotten apple).

KooKoo

Wonder why Libreoffice on their own site still only list the latest version of 32bit as 6.2.8..Are they dropping support for the 32bit version.?

@ Moddit I can’t ever see Debian having 6.3 32bit version of libreoffice, if their is no source code for it from Libreoffice themselves..
    Other wise it would just be some sorts of forked version.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Koo.

MX-19 4.19.0-6-amd6 (i3) : Debian-10 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (i3) : anitX-19 runit (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) (i3)
    2 Laps T430 17.2 X220 17.4

Hallo Koo, will post to other distros as discussing LO and this distro very off topic.

Desktop is Enlightenment/Moksha, I have no experience with that. Maybe manyroads, base distro is Bodhi, in turn based on buntu.
    But it sounds interesting work , based on AntiX one day maybe more so ??.

KooKoo

I have looked up Escuelas Linux on the web all I know, it is Spanish and based on Bodhi Linux.
    (Escuelas Linux is a free educational distro, aimed from preschool to high schools)

I,m so clad to see a Linux that is aimed at Education. I have downloaded the escuelaslinux6.6-english-64bits version and helpfully, install it on my test machine X220 over the weekend.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Koo.

MX-19 4.19.0-6-amd6 (i3) : Debian-10 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (i3) : anitX-19 runit (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) (i3)
    2 Laps T430 17.2 X220 17.4

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Best way to get latest libreoffce debs (64 and 32 bit) is via Debian backports repos,

sudo touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list

Add this to that file

# Buster Backports repository
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

Refresh the repos

sudo apt update

Update libreoffice

sudo apt install libreoffice -t buster-backports

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Thanks anti,
    Was thinking more of Buntu which is base of the present Escuelas Linux.

Be nice if somebody with more wisdom than me could make a one button install script for LO fresh.

Still too many new aspirants afraid of using the shell.

wachinwachin

You need to download 3 files, and then unpack

wachinwachin

But how you install languages, and other package. Is not possible to see packages to search and install

Forum Admin

But how you install languages, and other package. Is not possible to see packages to search and install

eg for Greek and Spanish

apt install -t buster-backports libreoffice-l10n-el
    apt install -t buster-backports libreoffice-l10n-es

Use tab button after typing libre-office- to see which libreoffice packages can be installed.

For example

apt install -t buster-backports libreoffice-
    Display all 191 possibilities? (y or n)
    libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer  libreoffice-help-ru                    libreoffice-l10n-in                    libreoffice-l10n-uz
    libreoffice-avmedia-backend-vlc        libreoffice-help-sk                    libreoffice-l10n-is                    libreoffice-l10n-ve
    libreoffice-base                       libreoffice-help-sl                    libreoffice-l10n-it                    libreoffice-l10n-vi
    libreoffice-base-core                  libreoffice-help-sv                    libreoffice-l10n-ja                    libreoffice-l10n-xh
    libreoffice-base-drivers               libreoffice-help-tr                    libreoffice-l10n-ka                    libreoffice-l10n-za
    libreoffice-calc                       libreoffice-help-vi                    libreoffice-l10n-kk                    libreoffice-l10n-zh-cn
    libreoffice-canzeley-client            libreoffice-help-zh-cn                 libreoffice-l10n-km                    libreoffice-l10n-zh-tw
    libreoffice-common                     libreoffice-help-zh-tw                 libreoffice-l10n-kmr                   libreoffice-l10n-zu
    libreoffice-core                       libreoffice-impress                    libreoffice-l10n-kn                    libreoffice-librelogo
    libreoffice-dev                        libreoffice-java-common                libreoffice-l10n-ko                    libreoffice-lightproof-pt-br
    libreoffice-dev-common                 libreoffice-kde                        libreoffice-l10n-lt                    libreoffice-math
    libreoffice-dev-doc                    libreoffice-kde5                       libreoffice-l10n-lv                    libreoffice-mysql-connector
    libreoffice-dmaths                     libreoffice-l10n-af                    libreoffice-l10n-mk                    libreoffice-nlpsolver
    libreoffice-draw                       libreoffice-l10n-am                    libreoffice-l10n-ml                    libreoffice-numbertext
    libreoffice-emailmerge                 libreoffice-l10n-ar                    libreoffice-l10n-mn                    libreoffice-officebean
    libreoffice-evolution                  libreoffice-l10n-as                    libreoffice-l10n-mr                    libreoffice-ogltrans
    libreoffice-filter-mobiledev           libreoffice-l10n-ast                   libreoffice-l10n-nb                    libreoffice-pdfimport
    libreoffice-gnome                      libreoffice-l10n-be                    libreoffice-l10n-ne                    libreoffice-presentation-minimizer
    libreoffice-gtk                        libreoffice-l10n-bg                    libreoffice-l10n-nl                    libreoffice-presenter-console
    libreoffice-gtk2                       libreoffice-l10n-bn                    libreoffice-l10n-nn                    libreoffice-qt5
    libreoffice-gtk3                       libreoffice-l10n-br                    libreoffice-l10n-nr                    libreoffice-report-builder
    libreoffice-help-ca                    libreoffice-l10n-bs                    libreoffice-l10n-nso                   libreoffice-report-builder-bin
    libreoffice-help-common                libreoffice-l10n-ca                    libreoffice-l10n-oc                    libreoffice-script-provider-bsh
    libreoffice-help-cs                    libreoffice-l10n-cs                    libreoffice-l10n-om                    libreoffice-script-provider-js
    libreoffice-help-da                    libreoffice-l10n-cy                    libreoffice-l10n-or                    libreoffice-script-provider-python
    libreoffice-help-de                    libreoffice-l10n-da                    libreoffice-l10n-pa-in                 libreoffice-sdbc-firebird
    libreoffice-help-dz                    libreoffice-l10n-de                    libreoffice-l10n-pl                    libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb
    libreoffice-help-el                    libreoffice-l10n-dz                    libreoffice-l10n-pt                    libreoffice-sdbc-mysql
    libreoffice-help-en-gb                 libreoffice-l10n-el                    libreoffice-l10n-pt-br                 libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql
    libreoffice-help-en-us                 libreoffice-l10n-en-gb                 libreoffice-l10n-ro                    libreoffice-smoketest-data
    libreoffice-help-es                    libreoffice-l10n-en-za                 libreoffice-l10n-ru                    libreoffice-style-breeze
    libreoffice-help-et                    libreoffice-l10n-eo                    libreoffice-l10n-rw                    libreoffice-style-colibre
    libreoffice-help-eu                    libreoffice-l10n-es                    libreoffice-l10n-si                    libreoffice-style-crystal
    libreoffice-help-fi                    libreoffice-l10n-et                    libreoffice-l10n-sk                    libreoffice-style-elementary
    libreoffice-help-fr                    libreoffice-l10n-eu                    libreoffice-l10n-sl                    libreoffice-style-galaxy
    libreoffice-help-gl                    libreoffice-l10n-fa                    libreoffice-l10n-sr                    libreoffice-style-hicontrast
    libreoffice-help-hi                    libreoffice-l10n-fi                    libreoffice-l10n-ss                    libreoffice-style-karasa-jaga
    libreoffice-help-hu                    libreoffice-l10n-fr                    libreoffice-l10n-st                    libreoffice-style-oxygen
    libreoffice-help-id                    libreoffice-l10n-ga                    libreoffice-l10n-sv                    libreoffice-style-sifr
    libreoffice-help-it                    libreoffice-l10n-gd                    libreoffice-l10n-ta                    libreoffice-style-tango
    libreoffice-help-ja                    libreoffice-l10n-gl                    libreoffice-l10n-te                    libreoffice-subsequentcheckbase
    libreoffice-help-km                    libreoffice-l10n-gu                    libreoffice-l10n-tg                    libreoffice-texmaths
    libreoffice-help-ko                    libreoffice-l10n-gug                   libreoffice-l10n-th                    libreoffice-voikko
    libreoffice-help-nl                    libreoffice-l10n-he                    libreoffice-l10n-tn                    libreoffice-wiki-publisher
    libreoffice-help-om                    libreoffice-l10n-hi                    libreoffice-l10n-tr                    libreoffice-writer
    libreoffice-help-pl                    libreoffice-l10n-hr                    libreoffice-l10n-ts                    libreoffice-writer2latex
    libreoffice-help-pt                    libreoffice-l10n-hu                    libreoffice-l10n-ug                    libreoffice-writer2xhtml
    libreoffice-help-pt-br                 libreoffice-l10n-id                    libreoffice-l10n-uk

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

To answer the original question, add to toolbar for user.
    After installing LO or keeping the installed version in AntiX full
    Steps below worked for me, just checked again on a live version with persist all set.
    On an installed system same steps apply.
    I think there is a script from bob.c to do this, just find it easy and convenient enough this way.

Using file manager open .icewm in home.
    click on link menu applications to open with editor.
    Open toolbar-papirus (as example)
    Copy what you need from menu applications in to your toolbar list.
    example for writer: copy entry
    prog “LibreOffice Writer” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/libreoffice-writer.png libreoffice –writer
    to your toolbar entrys
    Save toolbar settings file. On next start you will have a start icon in your toolbar.
    You may need to move icon or icons to the position you prefer.

capreacaprea

For completeness
    After you have installed libreoffice and the appropriate language-pack from the debian-backports repos, please do not forget to disable the backports-repos again.

Might be of some help too, Debian software choice is huge. You will find your way round pretty quickly.
    https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/
    As caprea reminded using backports as a standard, i.e. updating an entire system with backports active
    might not go well.

You have a fantastic set of tools in Antix, make full snapshots and remaster before experimenting, if something
    should go wrong you can be back at your starting point again very quickly. That can save a huge amount of time and frustration.

https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/
    gives you a list of searchable sections in Debian backports for buster and shows other sections
    https://packages.debian.org/buster/
    gives you a list of searchable sections in Debian buster

Just was reminded to ask if you know below Libreoffice extension, we consider it very useful. Not so sure in Spanish which I can read reasonably well but sorry to say speak terribly.

LanguageTool is a style and grammar proofreading software for English, French, German, Polish, Dutch, Romanian, and a lot of other languages. For Spanish Catalan is listed but in Sept 2019 update error detection rules for Spanish mentioned.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ModdIt. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    Forum Admin

For completeness
    After you have installed libreoffice and the appropriate language-pack from the debian-backports repos, please do not forget to disable the backports-repos again.

I don’t think that it is possible to upgrade/dist-upgrade to buster-backports without stating the -t buster-backports so having it
    permanently enabled doesn’t make any difference. Compare

apt update && apt dist-upgrade 
    Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
    Hit:2 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
    Hit:3 http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease          
    Hit:4 http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian buster InRelease                                                    
    Hit:5 http://repo.antixlinux.com/buster buster InRelease                                                  
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    All packages are up to date.
    Building dependency tree       
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    apt update -t buster-backports && apt dist-upgrade  -t buster-backports
    Hit:1 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
    Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
    Hit:3 http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
    Hit:4 http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
    Hit:5 http://repo.antixlinux.com/buster buster InRelease
    Building dependency tree       
    54 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
    Building dependency tree       
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      libvala-0.42-0 python3-crypto valac-0.42-vapi
    Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libdebhelper-perl libip4tc2 libip6tc2 libvala-0.46-0 logsave python3-pycryptodome valac-0.46-vapi
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      btrfs-progs dcfldd debhelper debootstrap devscripts dirmngr e2fsprogs firejail firejail-profiles firmware-iwlwifi firmware-realtek gir1.2-atk-1.0 gnupg gnupg-agent
      gnupg-l10n gnupg-utils gnupg2 gpg gpg-agent gpg-wks-client gpg-wks-server gpgconf gpgsm gpgv hdparm iproute2 iptables less libatk-bridge2.0-0 libatk1.0-0
      libatk1.0-data libatspi2.0-0 libcom-err2 libext2fs2 libiptc0 libldap-2.4-2 libldap-common libnftnl-dev libnftnl11 libnss-myhostname libpulse0 libseccomp-dev
      libseccomp2 libss2 libxnvctrl0 libxtables12 linux-libc-dev manpages python3-streamlink scrot streamlink tlp unclutter valac
    54 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 33.7 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 46.7 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
    Abort.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.