Add LibreOffice 6.3 x386(32 bits) DEB to antiX Repo from Escuelas Linux build

Forum Forums General Software Add LibreOffice 6.3 x386(32 bits) DEB to antiX Repo from Escuelas Linux build

• This topic has 19 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jan 10-7:12 pm by skidoo.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    capreacaprea

I don’t think that it is possible to upgrade/dist-upgrade to buster-backports without stating the -t buster-backports

This is true and I never knew, I always deactivated it and encouraged others to do the same.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

I don’t think that it is possible to upgrade/dist-upgrade to buster-backports without stating the -t buster-backports

This is true and I never knew, I always deactivated it and encouraged others to do the same.

Good advice.
    Just wondering whether synaptic is as clever as apt in ‘ignoring’ the buster-backports repo.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

synaptic does not abide the “Default-Release:” apt preferences setting.
    Per the default synaptic configuration, it will choose “highest version” as the installation candidate.
    To change the default synaptic behavior, you can edit synaptic.conf or visit the “Distribution” dialogbox

capreacaprea

The behavior of synaptic was the first thing I looked into.
    Although the settings are as skidoo mentions here(prefer the highest version), no package from the backports is shown as an update.
    So,yes synaptic acts as smart as apt in this case.
    If you want to update a package from backports with synaptic, you have to checkmark “prefer version from buster-backports”

you have to mark “prefer version from buster-backports”

and (recommended) immediately after installing a specific package of interest, followup by reverting to the default upgrade behavior

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.