Add new icon in the taskbar

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Add new icon in the taskbar

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Mar 31-9:48 am by lafricain.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lafricainlafricain

Hello,
    I would like to add icons in the taskbar, like wifi, and battery status. I have no idea how to do this. My screen is very small, and I would like to remove also the icon on the right side of the bar, between the hour and the sound icon.

Post a screenshot of that area of the screen so we can see what is there now, please.

lafricainlafricain

Ok

Attachments:

I see they are working.

The monitor that is all yellow is the battery. It looks to be discharging. If you plug it in it will turn green. If you hover the mouse over it, it will display text information.

The monitor to the right of the battery is the wifi with the little yellow and purple lines. If you hover the mouse over it, it will display text information. If you left click it, the Connection manager program will pop up.

The monitor to the right of the wifi is the ethernet, but its black so nothing appears to be moving. If you hover the mouse over it, it will display text information. If you left click it, the Connection manager program will pop up.

The monitor to the right of the ethernet is the memory status with the light blue at the bottom. It looks like you have plenty of available memory. If you hover the mouse over it, it will display text information.

The monitor to the right of the memory status is the CPU status green lines at the bottom. It looks like your CPU isn’t very busy. If you hover the mouse over it, it will display text information. If you left click it the Task manager program will pop up.

It you don’t want the monitors, they each can be turned off via the IceWM preferences file. You can change most from the menu, via Settings, Preferences, Taskbar (remember to Save Modifications if you change them), and all from Control Centre, Desktop, IceWM settings, preferences tab (need to save and then restart IceWM via logout menu).

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by BobC.
    lafricainlafricain

I didn’t noticed this icon! Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.