alsamixer-equalizer-antix missed dependency: libasound2-plugin-equal

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” alsamixer-equalizer-antix missed dependency: libasound2-plugin-equal

Tagged: 

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Sep 1-5:03 pm by ModdIt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    techore

I identified a missed dependency for alsamixer-equalizer-antix. On executing ‘alsamixer -D equalizer’ the following error is displayed:

ALSA lib dlmisc.c:339:(snd_dlobj_cache_get0) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_ctl_equal.so (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_equal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
      cannot open mixer: No such device or address

Installing libasound2-plugin-equal package fixed the issue.

Let me know if you need additional information.

stevesr0
        Helpful
        Up
        ::

Hi techore,

running Sid – that is installed and equalizer runs.

stevesr0

techore
          Helpful
          Up

running Sid – that is installed and equalizer runs.

@stevesr0, I am not understanding you.

Are you stating that libasound2-plugin-equal package is identified as a dependency for the alsamixer-equalizer-antix package on SID, e.g. apt info alsamixer-equalizer-antix, or something else? If reported as a dependency on SID, are folks expected to move to testing or report the missed dependence for stable?

I am new to this community so I am unclear were to report/post stuff to be added to the list of pending fixes for @anticapitalista or another packager. My assumption is it an issue with the antix package and it would be fixed for stable. However, I could be wrong and need to be educated. I got my problem fixed and documented, but want to help others, too. 🙂

stevesr0
            Helpful
            Up

Hi techore,

I haven’t tried removing libasound2-plugin-equal, so I can’t say if alsamixer-equalizer-antix depends upon it.

On my Sid system, it is not listed as a dependency for alsamixer-equalizer-antix,

SO,

either the dependency WAS missed

OR

in Sid, the dependency was eliminated.

I suspect that alsamixer-equalizer-antix IS dependent on libasound2-plugin-equal and if it needs clarification, I will try uninstalling it later this week to test that.

stevesr0

ModdIt
              Helpful
              Up

@techore, it is impossible for me to to understand what presence of a package in sid has to do with antiX Bullseye. There are a lot of changes involved especialy from upstream debian. I have a working package I think alsamixer-equalizer-antix is included in fully updated bullseye. But not certain!.

Not doubting your conclusions, below apt usage tips added for followers reading the thread.
              For every download of the full version it is very easy to read the list of packages or search it.

After fully updating either live or installed to be sure all is as intended..
              easy to work with apt to list or search packages.

$ apt list --installed
              make the output more manageable by piping to less or more
              $ apt list --installed | less
              OR
              $ apt list --installed | more
              $ apt list --installed | grep then name of package you are searching for
              Example: $ apt list --installed | grep synaptic

@steves dependancys and recommends are contained in every deb file and can easily be seen either by unpacking the deb or using synaptic. Depends are often chained so needs a check in dependancys of dependancys of dependancys to be sure of what really is going on.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by ModdIt.
              techore
                Helpful
                Up

@Moddit, good information and guidance. Thank you.

I, also, found apt-file invaluable to identify the missing package dependency.

apt-file search libasound_module_ctl_equal.so
                libasound2-plugin-equal: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_equal.so
                stevesr0
                  Helpful
                  Up

Hi techore,

I never heard of apt-file (or forgot about it). That is very neat that it revealed the dependency not displayed with the package directly.

Hi moddit,

I only posted my comment thinking that the libasound2-plugin-equal in Sid was likely automatically installed in support of alsamixer-equalizer-antix and that this would occur later in stable. Not a very necessary comment – my apologies to anyone insulted <g>.

Parenthetically, I agree it is important to attempt to check all the dependencies of the dependencies of the dependencies…etc. I believe I did.

* However, I missed the important fact that there was a specific file that was missing support and that apt-file would provide such a neat way to identify that (kudos to techore).

stevesr0

techore
                    Helpful
                    Up

@stevesr0, your intent was good. As a result of the discussion, Moddit provided excellent guidance and I got to share apt-file. All good.

Ultimately, I was seeking validation on my conclusion and notify a antiX packager. No idea on the latter, but I think the former is firmly establish.

Thank you, guys.

ModdIt
                      Helpful
                      Up

Hi steves,
                      techores post pretty much says it all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.