An issue after upgrading to 21

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” An issue after upgrading to 21

• This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Nov 22-1:00 am by Mach282.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mach282

@seaken64 I had a few issues with the AntiX21 install, a resolution issue which was starting to settle down but was still a bit inconsistent. I think I needed to work more with the settings. Second, there was a tremendous amount of window ghosting and tearing which made this version impossible to work with. I’m not sure what the issue was but I thought the nvidia driver might help. I had also tried to install a couple DEs to see if I could improve things there but there was an issue with the install of every DE I tried. Nothing at all worked with all showing video drawing problems. I tried to uninstall them but they would not.

So, I decided that I needed either to completely reinstall v. 21 and give it another try or go back to v. 19. In the meantime I found a copy of v. 17.4.1 and installed it to see if that was another option. I was able to install the nvidia driver but again there were some window ghosting but not nearly as bad as in 21. My impression is that it is a step back too far and that you may be correct that the nvidia driver didn’t improve things enough – the nouveau driver is the one to use for my card. If my second attempt at the installing of v. 21 doesn’t improve things then I will revert back to 19 which I suspect is the sweet spot right now.

And thanks to caprea for doing some research for me. I’ll report back if I find anything enlightening.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Mach282.
    Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.