An issue with slimski

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” An issue with slimski

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 29-4:56 am by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ctcx

In slimski login, if for some reason mistyping the username and hitting enter, there seems to be no way to get back to the username field -there’s no mouse pointer neither-; you’ll have to deal with a forceful login failure before trying again…
      Am I missing something and this can be fixed?

Thanks again.

Anonymous

> there’s no mouse pointer neither

b/c the antiX default configuration does not specify “mouse_enabled true”
        (FWIW, I applaud the decision to suppress display of the mouse cursor on the login screen)

/usr/share/slimski/doc/slimski_OPTIONS_LIST.txt

::: slimski will hide the mouse cursor while the login screen is displayed
        ::: unless TRUE is explicitly declared by a line here.
        ::: Consider: Displaying the cursor invites user confusion b/c the login page
        ::: contains no clickable elements. On the other hand, in the absence of
        ::: a cursor some users may jump to the conclusion “oh no, my mouse isn’t working”.
        ::: (note: while previewing themes, some window managers ignore this directive)
        ::: Valid values: true|false
        # mouse_enabled true

mistyping the username and hitting enter […] you’ll have to deal with a forceful login failure before trying again

Yes, take care when typing username + password.
        By design, user is forced to await a timeout. (intended to deter brute force guessing//attacks)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Brian Masinick. Reason: From skidoo
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.