antiX-17.2 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-17.2 released

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by anticapitalista Oct 7-6:02 am.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

antiX-17.2 (Helen Keller) released

This is primarily a point-release upgrade of antiX-17.1 (Heather Heyer) with a new L1TF/Foreshadow and Meltdown/Spectre patched kernel, various bugfixes, updated translations and some upgraded packages.

More here

At the moment, iso files available from sourceforge

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

greyowl

I am currently using antiX 17. See below:
    $ inxi -S
    System:
    Host: antix1 Kernel: 4.9.126-antix.1-486-smp i686 bits: 32 Desktop: IceWM 1.4.2
    Distro: antiX-17_386-full Heather Heyer 24 October 2017

I would like to upgrade to 17.2 if it is not too complicated to do. Can it just be applied on top of antiX 17 or do I have to do a fresh install?
    Please explain how to upgrade.
    Thank you.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop (1.86 GHz, 2G RAM, 32 bit) - antiX 17

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

No fresh install needed.

You already have the latest kernel.
    All you need to do is an apt-get dist-upgrade and (if you want pulseaudio) apt-get install pulseaudio pavucontrol

inxi will still show the version you started out with since we (the devs) thought it better to show what the user started with if/when seeking support.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Nope. No fresh install should be needed. My Chromebook is current as of yesterday with a dist-upgrade. When Anti uploads the 17.2 changes. I will get those also. Like you.
    after I do a

sudo apt-get update

Let it finish

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Pretty simple. Easier than backing up everything and doing a reinstall. This chromebook is labled as AntiX 17. Because that is when I installed it.
    But I am current so I am on 17.2

My Take is 17.2 isos are for new arrivals to the 17 iso. Without the need to do a massive upgrade online . Since I and you do ths gradually. We are cool.

Edit. Anti is quicker on the draw.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by rokytnji.

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do. Master of none.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

greyowl

This is easy.

Thanks for the help.

And, thanks for providing such a great linux distribution.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop (1.86 GHz, 2G RAM, 32 bit) - antiX 17

Hierax_ca
    Hierax_ca

anticapitalista, Congratulations on another successful release — great to see antiX development still going strong — THANK YOU for all that you and your team do!

AntiX-17.1 (32-bit) / (64-bit):
    - Core - Toshiba Tecra 780cdm (1998), IBM Thinkpad 600X (1999);
    - Base - IBM Thinkpad A31p (2002), T43p (2005);
    - Full - Lenovo Thinkpad T60p (2006) / x301 (2009), T500 CoreBoot (2009).

stevesr0

I update every time I boot up. Today, I tried the dist-upgrade and there were no new apps available beyond the four I don’t want to update.

I assume that is normal?

stevesr0

max43
    max43

Ho installato Antix-17.1 i386 base Heather Heyer 17 marzo 2018. Ho provato l’upgrade alla versione 17.2 seguendo le indicazioni fornite, ma, digitando inxi -S appare sempre la versione 17.1

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

A fully dist-upgraded antiX-17 and antiX-17.1 is the same as antiX-17.2 (provided you manually install the latest kernel and pulseaudio pavucontrol – needed for firefox to play audio ootb). inxi -S will still show your original install though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.