antiX-17.4 now out

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-17.4 now out

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by christophe Mar 9-6:58 pm.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

antiX-17.4 is available for download.

antix-17-4-now-out

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Cool Beans,

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

caprea
    caprea

Cool Beans,

Indeed.

watsoccurring

Very nice surprise:looking forward to enjoying the hard work put in by everyone involved.

andfree

I can’t find an iso for base, core, net.

noClue
    noClue

Good work, anti & team.

How strange is to be anything at all. (Alice in Wonderland)

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    dolphin_oracle

I can’t find an iso for base, core, net.

until the download links are updated and the mirrors populate, you can get the isos from the sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Final/antiX-17.4/

BobC

Question: If we are running 17.3.1 already would we be able to upgrade with “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade” or some other way, or only by downloading the 17.4?

Thanks!

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Question: If we are running 17.3.1 already would we be able to upgrade with “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade” or some other way, or only by downloading the 17.4?

Thanks!

You will also need to add some apps and make manual changes to the various window-manager menu files for it to be exactly the same.
    If you are happy with 17.3.1 fully dist-upgraded and with latest kernel, then no need to install 17.4

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

fatmac
    fatmac

Thanks for this release, anti & team, appreciate all the time & effort you put into our favourite distro. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

cyrilus31
    cyrilus31

Thanks to anti, Bitjam, Dave, d_o and all for the good work. Thumbs up!

christophe

I installed the new 17.4 on my Dell mini 9 to try it out. After doing my usual customizing of the gui (taskbars on top, gtk theme, little stuff), Everything is great, as usual, except the kernel upgrade from i486 to i686. I upgraded the kernel (on 17.3/17.3.1 I’m using 4.9 i686), but on 17.4, the processor runs the i686 kernel upgrade at 100% at boot for about 5 minutes straight — quite different from 17.3.1. After a few reboots trying 4.9 & 4.19 antix kernels from Package Installer (with the exact same result), I gave up & went back to the default i486 kernel.
    All was fine afterward (normal boot cpu usage), but then I noticed that I lost about 1 GB hdd space! This computer has such a small drive that it was easy to notice. I snooped around and found it was in /var/log. 3 log files (kern.log, messages, & one other) were each about 335 MB each! I ran sudo tail [file name] and they showed something about my wifi (which was working in all the kernels I used). I did a quick search online & found that when others had such an issue, deletion of the files were recommended (by other distros). So i did that, and created new empty files in their place. Everything is fine now, back running the i486 kernel, so I’m good (but a bit perplexed).
    The reason I mention this is in case this may be valuable to the devs: I can give my computer details, of course, and I’m willing to recreate the situation and report back, if that would help, if this is an issue that needs to be corrected for others.

christophe

NEVERMIND!
    I don’t know WHAT I did the first time around, but I just tried to recreate the situation on a fresh install — and everything works like it should!

Everything works great! Thanks for this great OS (as always)!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.