antiX-17 install hangs up on fstab

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” antiX-17 install hangs up on fstab

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by iugamarian Jan 21-4:26 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    seaken64

I finally got this solved! It is now early 2019 and I have antiX-17 installed on the old P-III. The answer was to use “cheat codes” and blacklisting to force antiX-17 to use the nouveau driver. Apparently the installer does not correctly choose the nouveau module on my hardware. We had to force the issue. See the post here:

video better in v16 than in v17?

Thanks for everyone’s help. And tonight’s beers were a Guiness Extra Stout and a Saint Pauli Girl. Cheers!

Seaken64

seaken64

Solution:

The cheat codes allowed me to get past whatever was hanging up the installer. I don’t know exactly why but it worked. Without these cheat codes I couldn’t get the antiX installer to work unless I chose the failsafe option. And the failsafe option didn’t allow me to setup the correct video driver, at least I couldn’t figure it out.

cheat codes “xorg=nouveau” and “bp=b9” followed by “modprobe nouveau” is what worked to get the installer to finish.

Seaken64

iugamarian

I have a Pentium D with Asus P5VD2-X and Nvidia 9600 GSO and the cheat for me is: pci=nomsi

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.