antiX-17_x64-full freezes on install

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions antiX-17_x64-full freezes on install

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 22 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Apr 4-6:28 am by zpimp.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

You’re welcome. It doesn’t really show any bios settings for changing between the 2 video chips.
    It looked more like a windoze 8 tutorial…I think BobC was looking to see what was different
    between your system and his dell xps.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

capreacaprea

But you are still able to boot the stick, or not?
    If persist is enabled, you can switch back to min-jwm by choosing desktop and then F8 save.
    Dolphin-oracle has a lot more knowledge about laptops with hybrid-graphic than me.I hope he will look at this.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by caprea.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by caprea.

I setup persistence using min-JWM. The stick booted a few times and I tried different window managers but they all froze the system at some point at random times.

My Dell XPS is unable to run IceWM on 17.1 Full 64 bit, but Fluxbox and JWM work with my boot cheat codes.

I’m going to change it to a Kernel I know it will be happier with…

On mine, when I compared the MD5 checksum of linuxfs to what it was supposed to be, I found it was different. I reburned the 17.1 on a different flashdrive, and the checksum came out correct this time. I reinstalled from it and IceWM comes up fine.

This problem is SOLVED on my machine, I suggest you check the checksums on yours too, since the symptoms were the same

md5sum filename

i had a TSC_DEADLINE disabled error at boot, so i updated intel-microcode, and it still doesent work
    like before, it just boot to black screen, i can see and move the arrow(cursor), caps lock doesent work, i cant change to another terminal ctrl+alt+f

zpimp, that sounds possibly like a different problem than Mark or I had. If you try to boot, try the F4 and then Checkmd5 option to see if the disk or USB is being read correctly. I just found out about that option from Dave.

antix17 386 full
    md5, both files passed
    didnt know about this option, very nice and useful

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.