antiX-19.1 based on debian sid available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19.1 based on debian sid available

• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Jan 1-5:41 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Koo
    Helpful
    Up

All my installs will only be from antiX or Debi servers (NO git wget) x220

You probably need to install menu

I now have installed menu and anything related the antiX and antiX fluxbox well almost anyway even after doing this the menu will not update and still non of the installed programs will show. So I still start all my installed programs from Xterm

On booting the screen stays on configuring network interface =ifup for quite some time maybe 60 seconds. Today I setup wifi with ceni working just fine.

File managers thunar or spacefm will not show any attached media USB has something to do with Dbus error.

This on starting thunar from Xterm. (Thunar itself runs fine)

(thunar:13117): dbind-WARNING **: 22:13:05.619: AT-SPI: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    ThunarThumbnailer: Failed to retrieve supported types: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.thumbnails.Thumbnailer1 was not provided by any .service files

This after attaching the USB drive

(thunar-volman:13209): dbind-WARNING **: 22:13:29.877: AT-SPI: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    thunar-volman: Unsupported USB device type "usb".

(thunar-volman:13216): dbind-WARNING **: 22:13:29.917: AT-SPI: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    thunar-volman: Unsupported USB device type "usb-storage".

(thunar-volman:13231): dbind-WARNING **: 22:13:30.506: AT-SPI: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    thunar-volman: Unknown block device type "disk".

One thing synaptic won’t start all from the fluxbox menu even after entering password the prompt just disappears. (But runs fine Xterm) sudo synaptic

I have installed i3 and will later be using this as my WM..

Almost forgot can not install antix-cc of any version something about a broken package (only One) have tried to find which one with no luck.

I hope this is of some help to you.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

rust collector
    Helpful
    Up

I did play with this in virtualbox a bit.
    Just this, x and dwm, and it all seems to work ok.
    Oh, I used the 32 bit runit version.

Thanks, it was fun.

Now I just have to remember how to do anything…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by rust collector.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Have you edited /etc/slim.conf?

You need changes like this:

login_cmd         exec /bin/bash -login /etc/X11/Xsession %session  <strong>(uncomment)</strong>
    #################OLD COMMAND####################
    # login_cmd         exec /bin/bash -login ~/.xinitrc %session >~/.xsession-errors$DISPLAY 2>&1
    ################################################
    #LOGIN COMMAND FOR DESKTOP SESSION BELOW#
    #############################################################################################
    #login_cmd   setsid /usr/local/bin/desktop-session %session <strong>(comment)</strong>
    #############################################################################################

auto_login          yes

# default user, leave blank or remove this line
    # for avoid pre-loading the username.
    default_user        anticap

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.