antiX-19.1 bug-fix/upgrade isos available.

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19.1 bug-fix/upgrade isos available.

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Jan 10-12:32 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

All new isos are bug-fix/upgrades of antiX-19 sysvinit series.

Only for new users, no need to download if using antiX-19.

antiX-19.1 is based on Debian Buster and systemd-free.

As usual we offer the following systemd-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture.

antiX-full (c1.1GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.

antiX-base (c700MB so fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.

antiX-core (c350MB) – no X, but should support most wireless.

antiX-net (c140MB)- no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.

The 32 bit version uses a non-pae kernel.

Changes:

* 4.9.200 kernel
    * firefox-esr (68.3.0esr-1)
    * IceWM upgraded to latest upstream version (1.6.3)
    * elogind upgrade to 241.3
    * feh without yudit dependency
    * tomb version 2.7
    * disk-manager included
    * ceni network manager included, but connman is default

See here for full list of what’s included on antiX-19 series.

Note: antiX net versions do not include the kernel headers.

Enjoy!

anticapitalista, 23 December 2019, Thessaloniki

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

BrandonIrizarry
    Helpful
    Up

Hi anticapitalista & Antix forum,

Inspired by a screenshot of AntiX 19 running runit w/ herbstluftwm & ceni, I decided to give the 19.1-core runit Sid iso a go.

One of the things I’d like to install is libsane and sane-utils – for example, when the cli-installer asks me if I want to use
    cli-aptiX to install some extra packages, I query these two packages. However, I notice something strange: libsane wants to
    pull in ‘udev’ as a dependency, and sane-utils wants to pull in ‘libsystemd0’ as a dependency, which I understand is a big no-no.

I understand that “full” AntiX installations work their way around this. Curious – how would I do so from a core-based installation?

Any help, ideas, or comments are appreciated.

– Brandon

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Install elogind and dbus-x11

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

BrandonIrizarry
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks, that worked – though I noticed that, after installing elogind and dbus-x11, when I tried to install sane-utils through cli-aptiX,
    it still offered to pull in libsystemd0 and uninstall elogind! However, when I did a simple “apt install”, everything worked just fine.

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

I install 19.1 x64 core..on X220

Used the non text install if you want to install elogind & dbus-x11 only works if you have a lan why is their no opion setup wifi during install.
    Are you running antix-net no it is base if this is what it is asking ??
    During install updated endev libevdev-dev libevdev1. what ever.

After install..
    Still the same problem with slim won’t login as user but user can login fine with tty. Was hoping this was fixed. Without editing slim.conf. Removed slim and installed lightdm login worked just fine.
    installed xorg , feh , waterfox , rxvt and installed everything to do with fluxbox.
    feh : wallpaper now works
    waterfox : working good using now.
    rxvt : works

BUT fluxbox the only thing that works is the theme still the same as sid version no new programs in the menu at all. What am I missing here..
    Only way to start programs is with xterm ??

Also during installing I went with something to do with usb mount auto yes please = not working no usb works.

Why is their no 19.1 runit x64 base this would be a lot easier for new users. Is sid the new stable now.?? sorry MX

I like runit init is outit..

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I grabbed the full ISO image of the 19.1 bug fix release so I can use it on a USB 3.0 drive.

I already have antiX 19 installed and running well on my Dell Inspiron 5558.

The 19.1 release also works for me well from the USB.

The image I’ve been using for quite some time has simply been updated. I’ve downloaded extra copies in 32-bit and runit (test system init). Both have been working for me.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

When I snagged the 19.1 bug fix, I accidentally grabbed the 32-bit version instead of the 64 bit implementation.

The good news is that it works fine.
    I also have the runit test version and I do have that one in 64-bit form. I ran it live and it installed fine. It runs live too, though I had minor issues the first time, previously noted (along with others).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.