antiX-19.2 based on debian sid isos available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19.2 based on debian sid isos available

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Jun 18-12:01 am by linuxdaddy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

These iso files are based on Debian sid and come as core or net version using svsVinit or runit.

The following flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture are available.

antiX-core (c400MB) sysVinit and runit versions – no X, but should support most wireless.
    Core versions also include elogind and dbus-x11.

antiX-net (c180MB) sysVinit and runit versions – no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired only) and ready to build.

The 32 bit version uses a non-pae kernel.

These iso files are for experienced users of antiX or Debian.

* Based on Debian sid
    * runit or sysVinit as init
    * eudev (3.2.9) instead of systemd-udev
    * Customised 5.5.0 kernel with fbcondecor splash
    * antiX remaster and persistence tools
    * live-kernel-updater
    * cli-aptiX – a cli package installer
    * antiX-cli-cc – cli control centre
    * live-usb-maker
    * basic cli installler
    * no UEFI install option
    * no encryption option

Download isos from the sid or runit-sid folder

Enjoy!

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

xinomiloxinomilo

hey & thanks for providing these isos.

got some time today to try this sid+runit iso..
    unfortunately i couldn’t get to login screen *unless* i used option f7 -> ask -> 303 on boot screen (800*600*8 vesa). default option (1024*768) and other options during
    boot would show “waiting for dev to be fully populated”, and then nothing, just a black screen, without responding, till a hard poweroff.

it’s an older thinkpad from 2011, but was booting fine every other antix version. also booted and installed antix 19.2 stable without issues.

wanted to try 1600*900 since this is laptop resolution, but then i get “undefined video mode number : 3d4”..

another thing, when choosing “toram”, it would start copying-progress, then throw this: “bash: write error: Invalid argument”. then report copying to ram finished succesfully..

something minor i’ve seen in other antix versions also, is “nofail” option for encrypted swap partition. i think it’s deprecated even for stable version, maybe it should just go away in the future.. (?)

thanks,

Forum Admin

Thanks for the feedback. Did you check the md5sums?
    Maybe the 5.5 kernel is too new for that old laptop.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

xinomiloxinomilo

i don’t think it’s kernel/laptop age related, cause i got another hdd with devuan ceres installed and kernels 5.6 (linux-libre) running without issues.
    i know 5.5 has/had? issues with intel drivers, cause i had some freezes with 5.5 kernels from linux-libre and antix. (see here : https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=3361)

also just verified iso md5 checksum, it matches the downloaded iso. and, forgot to say, i got the same issue with booting iso from qemu.

I also tried this ISO on a live USB; can confirm that I had the same problem, and indeed, the fix was as suggested by xinomilo. However, I was able to install a 5.4 kernel, and remaster; and thereby fix the problem.

Forum Admin

Thanks for the feedback to you both.

Could you try the official Debian sid kernel (unsigned).
    It is also version 5.5.
    Just to see if later 5.5 kernels have fixed the issues you see.

I see runit has potential but hasn’t been really maintained since 2014 unless I am wrong.

Real men use Linux 🙂

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Downloaded the 32-bit runit core version (sha256 summed good) and also had
    to hit f7-ask to stop hang ….. used 1024*768*8 and worked good. This
    is a compaq pressario 2200 laptop with intel 850/855 video chip.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.