antiX-19.4 available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19.4 available

• This topic has 42 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated Jun 14-1:22 am by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

The usual uploads of full, base, core and net for 32 and 64 bit architecture.
    There are sysvinit versions and runit versions.

Note: the runit versions follow Debian’s implementation of it so it is not like how Void linux or Artix set up runit.

antiX-21 runit series will be closer to the Void/Artix way.

antiX-19.4 iso files

base version fits on a cd and ships with seamonkey browser and it seems by mistake (but let’s call it a feature) on full as well.
    full version of seamonkey has not been configured to use apulse for audio, but it has for base versions.

Full announcement here

Added: antiX-19.4 with 4.19 kernels also available (full and base x64 only).

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by anticapitalista. Reason: added more info

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

antiX-19.4_x64-base.iso
    list of installed packages: https://pastebin.com/raw/ymEmn1U2

antiX-19.4_x64-full.iso
    list of installed packages: https://pastebin.com/raw/X1PDkw1i

list of packages present in FULL, absent from BASE (397 items): https://pastebin.com/raw/KBsfmEgc

3 pkgs present in base, not in full:
    adwaita-icon-theme-antix (a slimmed-down version of pkg “adwaita-icon-theme”)
    iso-snapshot-cli-antix ( idunno, thought this had already been replaced by pkg “iso-snapshot-antix” )
    libavcodec58 (vs pkgs “libavcodec-extra” + “libavcodec-extra58” in antiX full)

CyberGhost
    Helpful
    Up

Will we be able to upgrade from 19.3 to 19.4? Or do we have to do a clean install?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Will we be able to upgrade from 19.3 to 19.4? Or do we have to do a clean install?

No need for a clean install

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

I added some info in first post relating to seamonkey browser

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

excelente!
    Many thanks for all the work you and the whole dev team do!

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2018

Jing-Jo
    Helpful
    Up

Many Thanks.
    Will try a.s.a.p all four of the X64 series.
    so far, I have only played with the full.iso

Jing-Jo

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Added link to full announcement in opening post.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Added link to full announcement in opening post.

Thanks.

I will try to find time to make a video for this release. Outlining changes (after explaining that no re-installation is needed), mention differences between the 4 releases and maybe some general features (based on Debian stable, location of important apps, different WMs and FMs, some of the live features, etc.).

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up

Hi @anticapitalista,

In your announcement, you said:

mps-tube removed (it seems to be broken)

I checked my antiX 19 32-bit and 64-bit systems. mps-youtube is working OK with both of those systems for me.

I also just tried it on antiX-bullseye-a2-runit. mps-youtube also works there too.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by calciumsodium.
    greyowl
    Helpful
    Up

@calciumsodium and anticapitalista

On one of my laptops running 19.3, MPS-YouTube will open and produce search results, but will not play the selections.
    On another laptop, it actually played a couple of tunes, but then stopped and would not play any more.
    It seems broken to me. This seems to occur every few months.
    This is unfortunate because it is such a good program when it works.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop with antiX 19.3 (32 bit)
    Dell Latitude D620 laptop with antiX 19.3 (64 bit)

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

I get the same as greyowl

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

I just tested 19.4 full on virtual box:
    As always, it runs extremely fast!
    What I liked:
    1- it includes the new themes- Breath yellow pale is probably one of themes I like best on any Operating System – It looks modern, minimalist, groundbreaking… It makes antiX look like it’s own thing, and look GOOD
    2- it includes the updater thingie, available in the menu, for folks that like having warnings when an update is available (it’s nice for newbies or absented minded folks- I prefere running antix Updater myself, almost every day, when I want it to run)
    3- Seamonkey- I haven’t run this since the dark ages- I was quite please to find out that it still has it’s own e-mail client and calendar.- I developed my own very basic calendar script… But seamonkey’s calendar is a full blown piece of software- with every feature a modern calendar app has… The only downside is that it takes about 150MB of your RAM, when running. The e-mail app can probably avoid that some folks, that don’t like claws, feel the need to install thunderbird. – My take on including this, anti? Keep it, just fix it to work with apulse out of the box!

Very nice work! As always, thanks you, dev team!

P

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

antiX-19.4 with 4.19 kernels also available (full and base x64 only).

al54
    Helpful
    Up

Hi i just got the antix 19.4-runit=x64 iso to usb and got this message failed to load ldlinux.c32 boot failed any help tks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.