antiX-19.4 for testers

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-19.4 for testers

• This topic has 55 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated May 11-6:44 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

ControlCenter } System } alternatives configurator (/usr/bin/galternatives)

User has no “control”, because it is launched without elevated permissions.
    Attempting to apply any change brings a nonsensical error dialog (“your system may already be in an unstable state”)

Fixed

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin

The “set font szie DPI” brings an unexpected result ~~ control panel skin becomes generic and several buttons on the Desktop tab (and elsewhere within ControlCenter) disappear

I’m guessing it should (it just needs to) drop elevated permissions before returning

Fixed by not restarting control centre when running set-dpi (seems more logical since the set-dpi message says that user will need to restart opened apps).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin

As explained previously,
    (for some of the scripted utilities will go off the rails if “su” mode is in effect)
    this item should be removed.

ControlCenter } Session } password prompt (/usr/bin/gksu-properties)

Fixed.

Forum Admin

1. The battery status in the .conkyrc file:

The option that was given in this file:

Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${color8}${battery_bar 8,70 BAT0} # You may need to change BAT0 to BAT1 or add the same line again if you have more then one battery.

did not work on my laptop. It keeps saying Battery: 0%

What worked for me was the code found in antiX 19.1:

${execi 1000 acpi 2>/dev/null | grep -q . && echo “Battery: “}${execi 10 acpi -b 2>/dev/null | cut -d” ” -f3,4 | sed ‘s/,$//’}

I added this code to the .conkyrc file and it worked. Perhaps give the user this option as well to check battery status?

I can do that, but please post the code in code tags so I can copy/paste it easier. The forum sometimes chews up spaces.

XecureXecure

What worked for me was the code found in antiX 19.1:

${execi 1000 acpi 2>/dev/null | grep -q . && echo "Battery: "}${execi 10 acpi -b 2>/dev/null | cut -d" " -f3,4 | sed 's/,$//'}
    Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Attempting to apply any change brings a nonsensical error dialog (“your system may already be in an unstable state”)

Fixed

I am running antiX 19.4 now, updated packages within the past hour and I am still experiencing the issue.

I’ll reboot, update if any other changes and try again.

Brian Masinick

Fixed

I am running antiX 19.4 now, updated packages within the past hour and I am still experiencing the issue.

I’ll reboot, update if any other changes and try again.

Just rebooted; unfortunately the same issue continues with the alternatives configurator. For example, if I try to change the default xcursor theme, it refuses and throws an error.

Brian Masinick

Hmm, if I run sudo /usr/bin/galternatives I can make changes.

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin

The debs with the fixes haven’t hit the repos yet.

Just a reminder, this is a TEST iso not the final version.

Hi, Sorry to be late, but…
    I just downloaded, burned to usb, installed to HD , the antiX-19.4 iso.
    Everything without a glitch.
    I then installed 43 applications which I use on a regular base throughout the year.
    One app at a time only.
    There were no problems
    This looks great.
    Desktop Acer – 16Gb Ram.

Tomorrow evening I will do the same on..
    A–my 14 year old laptop
    B–my 10 year old laptop

See you then
    J-J

EDIT
    Have done my 14 year old Compaq Presario – 4Gb RAM.
    All went well

See you

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Jing-Jo.

The debs with the fixes haven’t hit the repos yet.

Just a reminder, this is a TEST iso not the final version.

Thanks! Looking good; the remaining work looks plausible; this will be a very good release when it’s complete.

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin

Please test the following.

1. live either from usb or frugal with persistence and remaster.
    2. iso-snapshot personal and general from an installed system

Please test the following.

1. live either from usb or frugal with persistence and remaster.
    2. iso-snapshot personal and general from an installed system

1. I have successfully used and remastered my live USB with the personal setting.

2. I’ve not yet snapshot this release;. I’ll add it to my testing on my installed instance.

Brian Masinick

Following calciumsodium previous message- maybe this can be a bit off-topic-
    On the antiX Menu:
    -The current icewm shrank from 3 entries to a single on (so, 2 less entries), which is nice
    – It’s been a while since I installed antiX, but I think the “install antiX” menu goes away after installing (so, one less menu entry)
    – anti must be tired of reading my suggestion to move the “refresh menu” menu entry to the applications menu (I’ve not testes 19.4- is this menu entry using gksu, so it works even if not inside the time period when the root password is active – I mean, the used does not have to retype it)
    – The help menu – is a very good idea, but who uses it? It would be probably be better to move it inside the applications menu too.

This is as far as my “good” suggestions about streamlining antiX’s menu go… Now some more “out there” ideas:
    – Place the “Desktop” menu inside the Applications menu – how often does a user change desktops anyway? or toggle conky on or off? Is there really a need for it to be on the first layer of the menu?
    – color code run/kill/control centre/exit and any other remaining system related menu entry to grey/white, all grouped together on the bottom of the menu, after a separator- this way it seems less confusing to users- they know that the grey/white entries there are “non apps”

P.

This antiX 19.4 live with persistence-all runs very well.
    Firefox-ESR streams a youtube video with little stuttering on this older laptop.

Model name: AMD E-240 Processor
    Stepping: 0
    CPU MHz: 1500.000
    CPU max MHz: 1500.0000
    CPU min MHz: 750.0000
    BogoMIPS: 2992.43
    Virtualization: AMD-V
    L1d cache: 32K
    L1i cache: 32K
    L2 cache: 512K

It seems to run faster than the 19.3 live with persistence-all version. In the latter system, I had a lot of pauses in streaming with firefox-esr.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.