antiX-19.4 for testers

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-19.4 for testers

• This topic has 55 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated May 11-6:44 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    XecureXecure

2. iso-snapshot […] general from an installed system

Working properly on my end. UEFI menu is OK.

Will test this new snapshot with persistence in a bit and to see if everything apart from booting works as before.

Checked, just now:

$ sudo apt update
    [..]
    All packages are up to date.
    demo@antix1:~
    $ apt show iso-snapshot-antix
    Package: iso-snapshot-antix
    Version: 0.3.24
    [..]
    APT-Sources: http://la.mxrepo.com/antix/buster buster/main amd64 Packages

ISTM that testing snapshot functionality is somewhat moot until iso-snapshot-antix v0.4.05 shows up via the repos.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Checked, just now:

$ sudo apt update
    [..]
    All packages are up to date.
    demo@antix1:~
    $ apt show iso-snapshot-antix
    Package: iso-snapshot-antix
    Version: 0.3.24
    [..]
    APT-Sources: http://la.mxrepo.com/antix/buster buster/main amd64 Packages

ISTM that testing snapshot functionality is somewhat moot until iso-snapshot-antix v0.4.05 shows up via the repos.

It’s almost 4:30 PM EST on Tuesday May 4;
    Still as you report.

I ran an ISO snapshot that built and is producing a checksum.

This is therefore checking Version: 0.3.24. Seems to be functional but it will have to be tested again when changes are complete.

Brian Masinick

Please test the following.

1. live either from usb or frugal with persistence and remaster.
    2. iso-snapshot personal and general from an installed system

Live images and ISO snapshot images work, with the caveat that I have not tested with any updates that still have to reach the test repositories; I’ll retest once those changes take place and note the behavior with changes in place.

Brian Masinick

XecureXecure

I have manually updated all packages from repo.antixlinux.com/uploads/buster

$ apt policy iso-snapshot-antix
    iso-snapshot-antix:
      Installed: 0.4.05

Iso snapshot has the same error as reported for bullseye alpha1 for UEFI boot. I created a snapshot and UEFI booting displays the same message
    Welcome to ISTRO(SCII_CODE_NAME!
    This didn’t happen when I tested iso-snapshot with version 0.3.24

I will test now how persistence works.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Xecure.

Welcome to ISTRO

IIRC, the welcome string hiccup was seen previously, due to a typo within one of the files provided by a prerequisite package ?”gfxboot” (or ?”remaster-antix”)

FWIW, i rechecked just now and did not find any* occurrence of “welcome” within the iso-snapshot-antix source files

* ( LICENSE:657: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it )
    okayokay, there is one unremarkable occurrence, within license textfile

cd /tmp && git clone https://gitlab.com/skidoo/iso-snapshot-antix.git/
    cd /tmp/iso-snapshot-antix && rm -rf .git
    grep -nr elcome
    XecureXecure

Except for the hiccup reported for the grub boot menu, the snapshot works perfectly. I then created a remaster (general first, tested it, and then a personal remaster). Everything worked as before.
    The only problem with the iso-snapshot I saw was that /var/lib/connman/settings was removed, which again disabled wifi and enable the insistent NTP check, but I consider this minor. It worked perfectly on the 19.4 original testing ISO, so the user just needs to figure this out themself.

The fix for launching “alternatives configurator” from the control centre worked.

I have nothing else to report for now.

Please, let us know when all packages are updated again on the gitlab repo. I think I will add some hotkeys (brightness up/down) for the different desktop-defaults for fluxbox and icewm. Nothing urgent.

$ apt policy iso-snapshot-antix
    iso-snapshot-antix:
      Installed: 0.4.05

I ran the iso-snapshot on antiX 19.4. I received no visible interface errors during image creation.
    I was also able to successfully run Format USB and Live USB Maker. Finally, at the completion of iso-snapshot, a helpful message to run Live USB Maker was visible to remind users of the ability to create a Live USB from an ISO image snapshot. Very well done.

(I will also test similar functionality for the test antiX 21 image later).

Brian Masinick

I moved a few comments about menu organization into a “Streamlining Menus” topic. Put any comments you have about menus for antiX 19.4 in that topic, and keep this topic reserved to the results of testing related to the build.

Explain what you tested and the results.

Suggestions and other comments can be devoted to an existing suggestion topic or create your own topic for a specific suggestion.
    Thanks!

Brian Masinick

XecureXecure

Brian Masinick, please also include the link to the topic when you move comments/posts. Mentioning the name doesn’t help in finding the topic.
    For all those who want to continue in the menus topic, you will find it here:
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/moved-reply-to-streamline-menus/

Thanks, you found it.

Brian Masinick

antiX 19.4 Issue: Backlight Brightness tool under the Applications –> antiX menu report: No Controller found.
    On antiX 19.3 and antiX 21 on the same hardware this works.

Brian Masinick

Sound…for me… “connecting to pulse”spinning wheels.
    Then, updated to “testing”
    Doesn’t see my hdmi
    alpha 2 no problem…back to it !

XecureXecure

antiX 19.4 Issue: Backlight Brightness tool under the Applications –> antiX menu report: No Controller found.

hardware info is needed. What driver does backlight-brightness show when launched in 19.3/21a2? Share the inxi info of your system.
    On my system it says “intel_backlight” as screen brightness controller.
    Also, we need to know you inxi -Gxxx, to see what driver controls the screen for antiX 19.4 (compare with antiX 19.3)

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by Xecure. Reason: correct quote
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.