antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

This topic contains 90 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by PPC Jun 12-8:17 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Sardi-Flat is also svg isn’t it?

manyroads
    manyroads

I, also, find flat-remix by Dan Ruiz to be very eye catching and pleasing. But I’m old, what do I know??? 😉

https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1012430/

-and-

https://drasite.com/flat-remix

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    bspwm MX-18.3 kernel: 5.2.15-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- BL- ArchLabs

Anonymous

I, also, find flat-remix by Dan Ruiz to be very eye catching and pleasing. But I’m old, what do I know??? 😉

Exactly! 😉

Reminder:

skidoo – the icon set is awful on fluxbox, I agree.
    fluxbox must use png icons (or none) and there aren’t any ‘modern’ ones available.

… except Paper.

I have a script that converts all SVG files to PNG files. The convert command is from imagemagick …

Converting will always do the trick, even for Sardi-Flat and flat-remix (which is a variation of Paprirus, which itself is a variation of Paper).

But I doubt you want to convert a whole icon theme with several folders and maintain it.

In direct comparison between flat-remix and Sardi-Flat, there was one more catch with Sardi, besides .svg, remember?

The main problem stays though — Fluxbox doesn’t like anything non-squared …

Screenshots @ #20837.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

I have converted Papirus icons to png format and will use that on the next release.
    Fluxbox looks much better.

Users can then decide on default icon from Papirus (alpha2, Numix-bevel (alpha1), FaenzaCuprtina (antiX-17)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Anonymous

Just … please make sure you rename it properly to avoid the future confusion.
    Any name will do — PapirusX, antiX-Papirus … you name it.
    Folder name AND inside the folder (index file).

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

The deb package will be named papirus-antix and the icons folder papirus-antix.
    The one already in antiX buster repo is only for my testing, it is incomplete and
    wrongly packaged.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

manyroads
    manyroads

Without being presumptuous, here are a few themes I found that seem to look nice (to me) in iceWM. Feel free to use or pitch them as suits your fancy. 😉

Pax vobiscum,
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- BL- ArchLabs

manyroads
    manyroads

And the same for fluxbox styles…

Pax vobiscum,
    MX- antiX- BL- ArchLabs

caprea
    caprea

In icewm, if making changes in the preferences through the menu for eg. taskbar, and save modifications,
    the changes will be written to the icewm-preferences file, but they will be written multiple times.
    Even if you undo the changes, do again and so on.
    preferences-file looks like this

#  Support for semitransparent terminals like Eterm or gnome-terminal
    SupportSemitransparency=1 # 0/1

#  Desktop background scaled to full screen
    DesktopBackgroundScaled=1 # 0/1

TaskBarShowShowDesktopButton=0 # 0/1

TaskBarShowTransientWindows=0 # 0/1

TaskBarShowTransientWindows=1 # 0/1

TaskBarUseMouseWheel=0 # 0/1

TaskBarUseMouseWheel=1 # 0/1

TaskBarShowShowDesktopButton=1 # 0/1

TaskBarShowShowDesktopButton=0 # 0/1

If I enable connman-gtk in the desktop-startup, and do the settings in connman to show a tray-icon, the annoying conky-blinking in taskbar goes away, strange enough.

Attachments:
    Anonymous

@ anticapitalista

The deb package will be named papirus-antix and the icons folder papirus-antix.

Just to make sure that I understand you properly:

You’d like to make 4 (four) changes — 2 are ‘must have’ and the other 2 are ‘nice to have’.

Folder is going to be /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix

(This will insure that somebody does not overwrite the folder accidentally if it installs the original Papirus from some reason.)

Inside that folder, there is a file named ‘index.theme‘.

Inside it, you MUST change the line which reads:

Name=papirus-antix

(This is what the user sees in LX-Appearance and such; you can freely choose the name shown.)

Nice to have’s are the lines:

Comment=Papirus Theme adapted for antiX because the Fluxbox only supports PNG icons.

(You may freely adapt the information to your needs/liking.)

Inherits=FALLBACK_ICON_SET_NAME,another-Set

(This is fallback; when some icons are missing, OS starts searching here and, if nothing found, continues to pixmaps.)

Just one more thing:

On my screenshots, you could see some yellow/black themes. They are inside of those 2 archives in this thread.

If you / anybody else likes one of those 4 themes, make sure you keep them archived somewhere.

You can’t download them anywhere else (since I modified them) and

I’ve no other copies or backups of them.

Will say, once this thread gets forgotten — they are gone.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Breathe Yellow and Breathe Yellow Pale IceWM themes are now included in the icewm-themes-antix deb package.
    I also made a package called volumeicon-alsa-icons which includes 2 volumeicon themes (Black Gnome Inverted and Black Gnome Yellow)

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Anonymous

Counting that way (with Volume icons included), there are 2 Fluxbox Themes missing/unlisted.
    (2x IceWM Theme, 2x Fluxbox Theme and Icons)
    ‘LemonSpacePro’ & ‘LemonSpacePro2’

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

I don’t have the fluxbox ones.

Anonymous

Truth you speak — I’m getting old. 🙁
    Please check the attachment.

P.S. Transparency has to be disabled!

caprea
    caprea

slim was just updated. No need to log in twice anymore, but… where’s the “press F1 to toggle session” ?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.