antiX-19-b1-full (64 and 32 bit) available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19-b1-full (64 and 32 bit) available

• This topic has 203 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated Jul 7-11:37 am by skidoo.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

On the live system please test tsplash by replacing splash=v with splasht=f

Context is worth 80 IQ points -- Alan Kay

fatmacfatmac

OK, connman still didn’t seem to want to find my ath wifi, so plugged in my USB rtl, & low & behold, I was given a choice of networks. 🙂

So, either it doesn’t like ath, or it takes a long time to find networks – off to reboot & let it have a minute or two, to see if it will use my ath wifi.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

fatmacfatmac

It worked, it used the ath, networks came up fairly quickly, so maybe it does take a long time to find them the first time.

Anyway, now booting & connecting using connman OK.

Ceni must conflict with connman in some way, which prevents either working if ceni is chosen first to try to connect to the internet. Maybe just remove ceni altogether, if you want connman as the default.

By the way, really like not having to wait around with the new installer. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

I selected German language in the bootloader menus, but I get English US keyboard layout everywhere. But when I opened the Keyboard menu in CC I had the German keyboard layout in the list, but I had to click Apply to get it set everywhere. I will try to reproduce it and give more technical information.

This might be a known bug (or a bug we thought we had fixed) with fbxkb which is the program that shows a flag in the system tray that lets you change the keyboard layout.

From my limited tests, selecting the German language with the F2 bootloader menu, the keyboard layout has changed and the only problem is the flag displayed is wrong. Delaying the start of fbxkb didn’t fix the problem but opening up a terminal window and typing did the trick. The flag changed to the German flag and I was able to click on the flag to change keyboard layouts.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

There is also a boot warning message if German is selected via F2.

Something like: Setting up console font and keymap – Unknown X keysym “dead_belowmacron”

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

eugen-beugen-b

On the live system please test tsplash by replacing splash=v with splash[s]t[/s]=f

I tried the live USB with the second option (press “e”, edit the line in Grub code, ctrl+X) and I booted with German keyboard (and flag icon). The initrd.log is partly in German, too. I attach it anyway.
    Will try to reproduce the error with spash=v now and update this post.

Different topic: herbstluftwm has become more usable or is it just me got used to tiling WMs?

Attachments:
    1. initrd.log_-3.txt
    Forum Admin

eugen-b – the cheat is splasht=f (ie you need to change the existing splash=v to splasht=f

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

There is also a boot warning message if German is selected via F2.

Something like: Setting up console font and keymap – Unknown X keysym “dead_belowmacron”

This is a known Debian bug (sigh)

For example:
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2018/07/msg00152.html

eugen-beugen-b

Ah, Ok, it wasn’t a typo, I’ll try splasht=f in a minute.

But I tried the default spash=v menues, selected German, booted to IceWM and got a US flag and keyboard first, but then it changed to German flag and keyboard after a few minutes for no obvious reason. I only opened Geany to find initrd.log.

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

But I tried the default spash=v menues, selected German, booted to IceWM and got a US flag and keyboard first, but then it changed to German flag and keyboard after a few minutes for no obvious reason. I only opened Geany to find initrd.log.

Yes, we’ve seen this before. It is either a known bug or a bug we had fixed and then it came back. I believe you just need to type a key in a terminal window or in gExec (via ) to get the flag to be shown correctly.

Forum Admin

eugen-b – you have to press a key on the keyboard for it to change – a bug we know about, but we don’t know how to solve.

eugen-beugen-b

eugen-b – you have to press a key on the keyboard for it to change – a bug we know about, but we don’t know how to solve.

Exactly, I now found out. I pressed a key and the flag switched from US to Germany.
    EDIT: However, it happened somehow that I got stuck with US keyboard layout. If that happens again I will try to find out why.

But splasht=f looks nice (Plymouth) and toram works, see initrd.log attached
    “Kopieren ins RAM gelungen” – means Copy to RAM succeeded.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by eugen-b.
    Attachments:
    1. initrd.log_-4.txt
    Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

But splasht=f looks nice (Plymouth)

Thanks! We are shooting for smaller, better, and less troublesome than Plymouth.

eugen-beugen-b

Two little suggestions for herbstluftwm:
    1) put the output of
    herbstclient list_keybinds
    into the help.txt file.
    2) add
    xrdb merge .Xresources
    to ~/.config/hebstluftwm/autostart to make urxvt black. It would be great to implement a more normal copy and paste in urxvt like in Manjaro i3 edition for example, I will look for the config and post a link. https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/desktop-settings/blob/master/community/i3/skel/.Xresources

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

It would be great to implement a more normal copy and paste in urxvt like in Manjaro i3 edition for example, I will look for the config and post a link. https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/desktop-settings/blob/master/community/i3/skel/.Xresources

We already have a mechanism for tweaking urxvt called urxvt-style. Use “urxvt-style –help” to get instructions.

The idea is to make it easy to play with different settings like:
    urxvt-style tabbed medium size16 zenburn transbg
    Once you find your sweet-spot then append the “save” command:
    urxvt-style tabbed medium size16 zenburn transbg save
    and those settings will be saved in the ~/.Xresources file.

It would be easy to add other options to this system. Or if they are overwhelmingly better than the default perhaps we could add them to ~/.Xresources directly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 204 total)
  • The topic ‘antiX-19-b1-full (64 and 32 bit) available’ is closed to new replies.