antiX-19-b1-full and tsplash tests needed.

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19-b1-full and tsplash tests needed.

• This topic has 62 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated Jul 8-8:12 pm by masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    eugen-beugen-b

After some thought I would suggest to make fa the default option. It will help with debugging boot issues and antiX is not about hiding skeletons. If the boot worked in 99,99% of the cases then you could hide the messages without any loss of functionality.

Just once and for a moment, close your eyes, relax and try to …

We’ve got antix 32 & 64-bit.

Those are two completely different concepts.

32-bit should have been prohibited by the law 10 years ago. No computer made in the past 10 years is 32-bit only.
    32-bit antiX is made for ‘junkputers’ with 256 ~ 512 MB RAM which should also be prohibited by the law.
    32-bit is MADE 4 FUN and nothing but the sole fun of fiddling with something that’s dead.

64-bit antiX is for any computer made in the last 10+ years and it’ll come with, at least a dual-core processor and 2+ GB RAM.

That’s actually how should be thought when developing antiX — minimal everything for 32-bit and usable everything for 64-bit.

And here is what you’re missing, if you DON’T give antiX a nice Plymouth Boot Screen:
    (Yeah … don’t tell me now: “The logo is not not well centered!”)
    😉

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

There will never be a Plymouth boot screen on antiX.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

oopsoops

32-bit is MADE 4 FUN and nothing but the sole fun of fiddling with something that’s dead.

64-bit antiX is for any computer made in the last 10+ years and it’ll come with, at least a dual-core processor and 2+ GB RAM.

That’s actually how should be thought when developing antiX — minimal everything for 32-bit and usable everything for 64-bit.

… I also like/prefer having the 32-bit version in a frugal install, even for a 64-bit computer (25-30% less memory used in the first boot).

To paraphrase again:

“Visionaries have interpreted the existing design in many ways; the point is to change it.”

😉

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

This is just member response

I find it sad when no empathy is shown toward the poorer sections of society.

32-bit should have been prohibited by the law 10 years ago. No computer made in the past 10 years is 32-bit only.
    32-bit antiX is made for ‘junkputers’ with 256 ~ 512 MB RAM which should also be prohibited by the law.

Having in the past corresponded with India AntiX member with a motorcyle shop and no budget for the latest and even a upscale computer for his shop.
    One needs to step back more than 10 years to grok what living conditions are like for 3rd world computer users.
    Now I am wondering how many working every day 32 bit atom netbooks are in India, China, N. Korea, Ukraine, etc………

A lot of folks run this stuff that do not post here. Hazel is just one example. She uses 32 bit. I see no body being against no body. You wanna build something?
    Build it and offer it up.

Proof will be in the pudding if it takes off or not.
    1000 of past tries litter the internet.

Lighten up dudes. If it aint fun. What is the point? When I did wbar, tint2, cairo dock. It was done for fun. For me.

Link

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Another paraphrase “ain’t goin’ to happen”

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

I agree to some extent but, on the other side, there are so many ‘junkputers’
    in a class of Thinkpad T500, Intel Dual-Core 2.16 MHz, 4 GB RAM for as
    little as 30 ~ 50 $ — who can’t afford that, doesn’t NEED a PC.

‘Design Barbarians’ aren’t ‘Visionaries’! 😉

masinickmasinick

Another paraphrase “ain’t goin’ to happen”

Thanks anti!

Always appreciate what you choose to do with your distribution (and graciously share it with us).

Keep up the great work and the vision of the work that interests you.

Brian Masinick

“ain’t goin’ to happen”

is ‘bad attitude’!

It’s kind of:

Better:

Never say no!

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

One step at a time… No means no, but everyone is free to change his/her mind.
    In what concerns the splash screen, I just hope that one of the more “clean” versions that were made available will be the default one.
    On the very old hardware I use it takes about 1 minute for antiX to boot, a bit less than windows XP took in the good old days where Operating Systems where not surveillance tools (at least I hope not, ignorance is bliss), and just watching some kind of progress bar move around (with the option to see more details if I want to) is something I got used to in those times, before I found the joys of Linux.
    On most more modern computers antiX probably takes less than 30 seconds, so it’s easy on the eyes, not getting bombarded by countless messages during that time, that are meaningless for most non geek users (I’m a bit of a geek and don’t get most of those messages).
    I think about splash screens like this: people power on their (smart)phones and just watch a kind of progress bar/logo while the device boots. Why “complicate” the same process on a computer (a device that is progressively being less used while portable devices grow in their market share)? Simplicity is key.

P.

Forum Admin

‘Design Barbarians’ aren’t ‘Visionaries’!

4Ever Odd (sic)

Thinly veiled insults and provocative comments are unlikely to aid the acceptance of what you contend. Please desist from making inflamatory posts.

@SamK

Didn’t you notice …

‘Design Barbarians’ aren’t ‘Visionaries’! 😉

I mean …

😉

And …

‘ ’

Oh, well then … ‘my apology’ … even if …

I was actually trying to be VERY NICE and polite (well, in my own way).

See? (Please see screenshots … and that’s not all, not even on that single image!)

But yeah, I’m already working on the solution for it … it’ll just take some time, like the last time too.

P.S.
    You’re free to remove my post at an any time!

Forum Admin

I was actually trying to be VERY NICE and polite (well, in my own way).

A forum member cannot be expected to know what is “my own way” of another forum member. Each writer of a post should be aware that what may appear innocuous to themself i.e. “in my own way” may not be understood in that way by a reader of the post.

That phrase “in my own way” could be used to justify the comments made by anyone even someone using outrageous or offensive language. It cannot be used as a blanket vindication of whatever is posted in all circumstances.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘antiX-19-b1-full and tsplash tests needed.’ is closed to new replies.