antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available

• This topic has 184 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated Oct 18-11:00 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • Author

I suspect the time is wrong on your PC. Search or look for an earlier post about updating the time via ntp

On the Pentiuum III I am still having the date problem and needed to do
    sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by BobC.
    KooKoo

@ BobC
    Thanks very much I just worked it as I looked clock in my conkybar. This was also stopping sound from working in ncmpcpp via mpd every other sound device was working except mpd as it is server based. So far i am loving every minute of antiX 19.b3 even my scanner is working.

Awesome work everybody.. Been Great morning

anitX-19 (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) + (i3)
    Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 + (i3)

KooKoo

The cli-aptiX errors below have now been fixed by updates to antiX 19-b3 on 12/10/19 Australian time
    Is their anyway to fix the beta servers if I run cli-aptiX looks a bit messy and would like to update to the latest v5 kernel at the moment the only kernel that shows in cli-aptiX is the installed kernel (Linux antix19-b3 4.9.189-antix.1-amd64-smp #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 15 01:53:58 BST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux). If not will try adding Stevo’s Liquorix kernel.. (Also fixed typo from cli-antiX to cli-aptiX ).

The time was painful until I installed ntp. Works good now..

Was getting a lot of nvidia dbus error messages in my .desktop-session log file this was fixed by installing (at-spi2-core)

(nvidia-settings:3271): dbind-WARNING **: 21:09:35.485: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(nvidia-settings:3273): dbind-WARNING **: 21:09:35.485: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files 

The repo errors below have now been fixed by updates to antiX 19-b3 on 12/10/19 Australian time
    Due to the poor repo’s of antiX 19.b3 I ended up install the liquorix kernel from their main repo with the command below. (With no keys errors)

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https && echo -e 'deb http://liquorix.net/debian sid main\ndeb-src http://liquorix.net/debian sid main\n\n# Mirrors:\n#\n# Unit193 - France\n# deb http://mirror.unit193.net/liquorix sid main\n# deb-src http://mirror.unit193.net/liquorix sid main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/liquorix.list && curl https://liquorix.net/linux-liquorix.pub | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update

then

sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-amd64 linux-headers-liquorix-amd64

and ended up with = Linux antix19-b3 5.2.0-20.1-liquorix-amd64 #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT liquorix 5.2-29.1~sid (2019-10-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Also many Thanks to Stevo for hes work with Waterfox and removing the dependency of libc6 >2.29 and libstdc++6 > 9 awesome.

I do understand this is a Beta version of antiX..

I’m still loving it..

KooKoo

Nice big set of updates for antiX19.b3 today Thanks antiX
    cli-aptix now shows all available kernels and does not ask to update the repo list constantly any more. Awesomeness
    Synaptic is now fixed as in usable and all areas of the screen cells are now adjustable and repo list works without errors. Awesomeness

And something else which is now fixed on opening synaptic from the terminal this error is gone.. ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named ‘UbuntuDrivers

Thanks to all so much.

I’m still loving it..

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Koo.

RichardRichard

Trying out the beta3-Base version on my EeePC, 1005-HA, N270, 1GB RAM, 150 GB HDD. Still have a working antiX-19b2 on another partition.

Installed SpaceFM-IceWM; but installed and use DoubleCmd-0.9.6 build-9018 preferencially over SpaceFM, by choice & familiarity.

The beta3 has replaced MX-18.3 on this netbook. I am having to relearn things I’ve forgotten after 5 years of MX Linux. MX is still my choice on my T430, but antiX boots quickly to about 77MB at idle while MX uses about 240 MB on the netbook [NOTE: actually, more like 180 MB –forgot there were some things started at boot].

antiX-19 is much improved over 17. It has really given this 32bit netbook a new lease on use. It is great for traveling even though the battery no longer holds a charge.

I’ll post machine info in the morning, if needed. Haven’t made too many changes from the stock distro.

Observations:
    Some of these may have been mentioned before, already fixed and/or coming in the next b4 or rc. Looking forward to the next iteration.

1. Synaptic only starts for me from the Control Center. But then works as expected. From the menu it is called by synaptic-pkexec but doesn’t start. Could be something I’ve done. Wouldn’t be the first thing I’ve done to break a system.

*** 2. Midori-7.x from the repo has run very well and is much lighter on resources than Ff-esr.
    [CORRECTION: Midori faulted to high CPU usage for some reason. REMOVED.]

3. I do prefer Double Commander currently at v0.9.6 but probably because I’ve been using it for several years –Krusader for many years before that.

4. It seems like after the stock screen-saver runs, the mouse cursor disappears? I can see the effect of moving it about, but no visible cursor. Logout/login gets it going again.

5. The new Preferences interfaces are a great improvement, as well. Takes some learning….

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Richard.

T430=MX183
    EeePC-1005HA=antiX19b3

KooKoo

@ Richard

With antiX the main Synaptic Package Manager.desktop file is in usr/share/applications/antix/Synaptic Package Manager and run with the command:gksu synaptic

The synaptic-pkexec.sh seem to be related to systemd and wayland with polkitd rules I don’t think it is needed for antiX because non-systemd op.

From Debian forums

For me trying to run synaptic-pkexec from the commandline.

After entering my password

The script itself from /usr/bin

#!/bin/sh

USING_WAYLAND=0
    if [ ! "x${WAYLAND_DISPLAY}" = "x" ]; then
        USING_WAYLAND=1
    fi
    if [ "x${XDG_SESSION_TYPE}" = "xwayland" ]; then
        USING_WAYLAND=1
    fi

if [ "x${USING_WAYLAND}" = "x1" ]; then
        # Running wayland; start synaptic without pkexec
        zenity --warning --width=500 --text \
            "You are using Wayland environment, Synaptic will continue without administrative privileges.\\n\
    To make Synaptic fully functional, please restart your session without Wayland."
        exec "/usr/sbin/synaptic" "$@"
    else
        pkexec "/usr/sbin/synaptic" "$@"
    fi
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Koo.

RichardRichard

@Koo,
    Thanks for the path.
    I’ll check there and see.

I know I found that command in one of the links.
    [NOTE: Or maybe I added changed to it too see if it would work.]
    I’ll look again to see if changing it to use gksu fixes it.

For me Synaptic only starts from within the Control Center. I’m sure I tried from a console also, but I’ll check again.

Regards.

T430=MX183
    EeePC-1005HA=antiX19b3

RichardRichard

@Koo,
    From a terminal, started fine with “gksudo synaptic”
    Using “sudo synaptic” gave error,
    synaptic:11841): dbind-WARNING **: 13:12:02.109: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    but started anyway.

“gksu synaptic” also started with no error.

Which is the preferred antiX method?

T430=MX183
    EeePC-1005HA=antiX19b3

RichardRichard

@Koo,

Found my problem with synaptic:
    /usr/share/applications/antix/
    contains no synaptic.desktop file?

although, it does exist here:
    /usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop

Maybe it just got overlooked?

Moved a copy to /usr/share/applications/antix/
    and it seems to work now.

T430=MX183
    EeePC-1005HA=antiX19b3

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Have you installed base version? It doesn’t come with synaptic.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

RichardRichard

Yes, I did install the base.
    Forgot to mention that above (now corrected).

Makes sense since the package installer is available.

I’ll read over the list. I suppose I must have installed Synaptic but Update Menu didn’t pick it up. The menu was looking in /usr/share/applications/antix/
    But the synaptic.desktop was placed in
    /usr/share/applications/

Not a real problem.
    Really enjoying the antix/ betas and looking forward to the release. It has been a good learning experience finding my way in antiX.

T430=MX183
    EeePC-1005HA=antiX19b3

KooKoo

@ Richard

The only reason I did not add gksu as it is not installed by default on all systems like Debian 10 etc

Maybe the script could be changed by adding gksu these two lines in the script ??

= exec “/usr/sbin/synaptic” “$@” to gksu exec “/usr/sbin/synaptic” “$@”

= pkexec “/usr/sbin/synaptic” “$@” to gksu pkexec “/usr/sbin/synaptic” “$@”

May try this some time.

KooKoo

I now changed kernels to Linux antix19-b3 5.2.15-antix.1-amd64-smp #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Sep 22 17:26:24 EEST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux runs Beautifully noway I was going waste the awesome work of the antiX kernel coder. Thank You

KooKoo

If I open synaptic from terminal (rxvt) then settings>repositories this error appears. ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named ‘UbuntuDrivers’

Also this one policy 31 error on boot screen = etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy 31 no such file or directory..I have check dmesg log and any other log in var/log nothing related to policy 31

Would the below have something to do with the fact I use i3wm..

Also in ~/desktop-session/log is this error = /usr/local/bin/desktop-session: line 192: /etc/desktop-session/file_compare: No such file or directory

This is line 192 = launch_desktop() { ..maybe BitJam may help with this one..

But everything run just fine with 19-b3

KooKoo

You tricky tigers =synaptic Let just move on then. lol

I’m still loving it..

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • The topic ‘antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available’ is closed to new replies.