antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available

This topic contains 184 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by anticapitalista Oct 18-11:00 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

No way out … once a newb decides to try JWM.
    (Yeah, I know of ‘F1’ at log-in.)

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    dolphin_oracle

A good solution and it worked with btrfs-lzo: https://hastebin.com/ubuxunayud.php (complete output after finished installation https://hastebin.com/pedicomulo.php )
    (Maybe you can break up (or even parallelize) the long cp command at the end of the pastebin smaller, because it is filling up RAM quite a bit.)
    But the mount option compress-force=lzo doesn’t get applied during installation:

demo@antix1:~                                                                                                                                      
    $ mount | grep btrfs
    /dev/sdc1 on /mnt/antiX type btrfs (rw,noatime,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/)

Are mount options meant to be written only to fstab? I think not looking at the source code. EDIT: The compress-force=lzo doesn’t even get written to the target /etc/fstab only defaults,noatime so there must be another bug in the code.

I would recommend against compress-force, because it takes longer on slow machines and gains little, just use compress=lzo or zlib.

I think I see the problem. Thanks. To clarify, you have a separate /boot partition, correct?

eugen-b
    eugen-b

No, I haven’t. I have a separate /boot/eif parition.

BobC

I was able to install to HD, migrate from 17, migrate from 19b2, and run without any new problems on the Dell XPS-15 I7 and my Alienware 14 I7.

I have the JWM menu problem noclue showed above as well. I am still able to switch at login.

rej

Hi-

I have installed antiX Beta 3 and am finding the same issues that I reported in Beta 2 IceWM:

** Rox Filer – Home folder imported text documents [hundreds of them] appearing as “executable files” and do not open unless right-clicked dropdown and file selected.

In SpaceFM, they appear as executable, yet open normally.

** Custom wallpaper can not be selected. Conky background still shows it, but not the rest of the desktop. Tried both .png and .jpg – same result. Fails with a notification box saying it cannot locate the file:

“Error loading backdrop image:
    Failed to open file””.No such file or directory
    Backdrop removed.”

Same result whether the file is in “home folder/pictures”, or “usr/share/wallpaper”.
    ———-
    It might be that any files imported that are not there by default, cannot be accessed through settings, by Rox Filer.

Is there a current fix for either of these, and if not, would it possibly be resolved in the upgrade?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

The bug of the non-blocking of the screen after the continuous suspension and of the characters not defined as in Antix 17.

# Comment the next line to disable ACPI suspend to RAM
    ACPI_SLEEP=true

# Comment the next line to disable suspend to disk
    #ACPI_HIBERNATE=true

# Use Radeontool to switch the screen off? Seems to be needed on some machines
    # RADEON_LIGHT=true

# Comment this out to disable screen locking on resume
    LOCK_SCREEN=true

# Uncomment this to enable ACPI sleep when the lid screen is closed.
    LID_SLEEP=true

If you let me know what file this refers to, I can make the change if others deem it necessary. BTW, is the above what is *should* be?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Hi-

I have installed antiX Beta 3 and am finding the same issues that I reported in Beta 2 IceWM:

** Rox Filer – Home folder imported text documents [hundreds of them] appearing as “executable files” and do not open unless right-clicked dropdown and file selected.

In SpaceFM, they appear as executable, yet open normally.

** Custom wallpaper can not be selected. Conky background still shows it, but not the rest of the desktop. Tried both .png and .jpg – same result. Fails with a notification box saying it cannot locate the file:

“Error loading backdrop image:
    Failed to open file””.No such file or directory
    Backdrop removed.”

Same result whether the file is in “home folder/pictures”, or “usr/share/wallpaper”.
    ———-
    It might be that any files imported that are not there by default, cannot be accessed through settings, by Rox Filer.

Is there a current fix for either of these, and if not, would it possibly be resolved in the upgrade?

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Seems like the issue is with your imported files. Can you check the format?
    2. How are you setting your custom wallpaper? Which app?

Added: Do the file names/wallpaper names have spaces?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

BobC

anti,

The info wasp gave was from /etc/default/acpi-support

Here is what is in my stock file:

$ cat /etc/default/acpi-support
    #
    # Configuration file for the acpi-support package
    #
    #
    # The acpi-support package is intended as "glue" to make special functions of
    # laptops work. Specifically, it translates special function keys for some
    # laptop models into actions or generic function key presses.
    #

#
    # Suspend/hibernate method
    # ------------------------
    #
    # When gnome or kde power management daemons are running, acpi-support will
    # translate the suspend and hibernate keys of laptops into special "suspend"
    # and "hibernate" keys that these daemons handle.
    #
    # Only in situations where there is no power management daemon
    # running, acpi-support needs to perform suspend/hibernate in some other way.
    # Beginning with version 0.122-1 acpi-support solely uses pm-utils then.

# Comment the next line to disable ACPI suspend to RAM
    ACPI_SLEEP=true

# Comment the next line to disable suspend to disk
    ACPI_HIBERNATE=true

# Use Radeontool to switch the screen off? Seems to be needed on some machines
    # RADEON_LIGHT=true

# Comment this out to disable screen locking on resume
    LOCK_SCREEN=true

# Uncomment this to enable ACPI sleep when the lid screen is closed.
    #LID_SLEEP=true

# Uncomment this to shutdown the system if ACPI sleep has not been possible
    # upon lid closure. Has no effect if LID_SLEEP is not set.
    #LID_SHUTDOWN=true

# On some systems pressing the wireless button only results in an event that we
    # handle, but not in some hardware enforced action. On these systems we are
    # free to choose whether or not we cycle through "Both on, Both off, Wireless
    # only, Bluetooth only" as we used to do, or if we just do "Both on, Both off"
    # as the hardware kill switch does on most systems.
    #
    # For compatibility reasons with older version the larger cycle is the default.
    # Enable this to to have both in switched on and off simultaniously. 
    #WIRELESS_BLUETOOTH_SYNC=true

# Choose the method used to switch off/on the display. Available options are
    # "xset", "xrandr" and "vbetool".
    DISPLAY_DPMS=xset

# xrandr needs the output device to be named
    XRANDR_OUTPUT=LVDS

# vbetool can switch off/on the display even if no user is logged in. However,
    # there are systems that do not reset the display when coming out of suspend,
    # so that the screen remains dark. Enable this option to switch off the display
    # even if no one is logged in.
    #DISPLAY_DPMS_NO_USER=true
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by BobC.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

anti,

The info wasp gave was from /etc/default/acpi-support

thanks – I don’t remember antiX ever making any changes to the Debian default of that file.

BobC

Let me know if you need help testing any specific things…

olsztyn

It may not be antiX 19 issue (I did not have yet the time to check on antiX 17) but perhaps someone would be so kind as to point me to the cause of this chrome install issue:
    1. The usual repository used in antiX 17: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb does not seem to register now
    2. Upon downloading chrome deb package and invoking gdebi, it fails
    3. Executing sudo apt install ./google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb (downloaded deb package) come back with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    google-chrome-stable : Depends: fonts-liberation but it is not installable
    Depends: libappindicator3-1 but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Sounds like a problem with downloaded (from Google) package?…

wasp
    wasp

Let me know if you need help testing any specific things…

Sorry I didn’t explain myself well, on antix 17 with that change (LID SLEEP = true and LOCK_SCREEN = true) it suspends and blocks the screen of my laptop, on Antix 19 it suspends but does not block the screen ….

wasp
    wasp

Sorry I didn’t explain myself well, on antix 17 with that change (LID SLEEP = true and LOCK_SCREEN = true) it suspends and blocks the screen of my laptop, on Antix 19 it suspends but does not block the screen ….

caprea
    caprea

@olsztyn, have you possibly just missed to update the system before the installation of google-chrome ?
    No problem here by installing the browser with the package-installer.

BobC

Rej,

It seems like you have unusual problems. It almost seems like you didn’t format the root or home partition when you installed. I always format and after the install then copy in my own files.

If not, maybe start a separate thread and give the details of how you did the install. I can’t imagine how all the files got to be executable

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BobC.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘antiX-19-b3-full and base versions (64 and 32 bit) available’ is closed to new replies.