Antix-19 BUG — Automount Drives does NOT work

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Antix-19 BUG — Automount Drives does NOT work

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by RobK88 Nov 8-8:14 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    skidoo

this post is a work-in-progress (accidentally posted while still typing)

FIFO

• This reply was modified 6 days, 18 hours ago by skidoo.
    skidoo

I tried adding exfat to the allowed_types in udevil.conf but it did not work. exfat disks were not automounted. This change even caused a FIFO error to be thrown at boot-up.

I find it strange that the udevil.conf file includes many configuration settings for mounting exfat disks but it is not possible to include exfat in the allowed-types variable in udevil.conf.

(pedantic attention to detail) actually, it would be “allowed_types” ~~ underscore, not hyphen. Altering that line, alone, without also adding lines to declare “options”… could have potentially led to the FIFO error you witnessed.

Did you just edit one line, or did you ALSO add lines for
    default_options_exfat= and allowed_options_exfat= as seen in the udevil.conf for antiX 17
    ?

My suggestion is to replace the entire content of udevil.conf with the exact, full, content found in the udevil.conf which was shipped in antiX 17, then retry.

RobK88

Interesting.. Can someone post the udevil.conf file from AntiX-17.4.1?

Do you think exfat USB drives will automount in antiX-19 if I replace the antiX-19 udevil.conf file with the one from AntiX-17.4.1?

skidoo

contents of udevil.conf file from AntiX-17.4.1 extracted from http://repo.antixlinux.com/stretch/pool/main/u/udevil/udevil_0.4.2-1_amd64.deb
    https://pastebin.com/raw/2Xh9tkDs

Do you think exfat USB drives will automount in antiX-19 if I replace the antiX-19 udevil.conf file with the one from AntiX-17.4.1?

anticapitalista’s post mentioned “won’t automount [..] because pmount in Debian doesn’t recognize the exfat file format.”
    IIUC, that affects only “automount=all,usb” boot cheatcode and “ControlCenter }} ConfigureAutomounting“.

Via spaceFM + udevil, you should still be able to accomplish automounting.
    If you are running a “xxxx-space” desktop session, automount could (I haven’t tested) automatically occur at start of session.
    Alternatively, adding “spacefm -d” to session startup file may accomplish automount.

RobK88

Thanks skidoo. I will play around with udevil.conf this weekend and see how it goes.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.