- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Nov 19-7:36 am by anticapitalista.
November 14, 2019 at 1:26 am #29339Memberbrudal1
i want to use a nameserver on my AntiX 19 Core Live System
My /etc/network/interfaces is actual this:
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
when i was insert the “dns-nameservers” i restart the network with:
service networking restart
then i test add it prepend domain-name-servers 126.96.36.199; to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf and i restart the network
but when i ping google.de i get allways:
“Name or service no know”
i want to insert the nameserver config to the /etc/resolve.conf file but i cant write this file ( Error writing /etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory )
i test with
but the folder /run/resolvconf does not exists
how i can config the nameserver at the AntiX 19 Core Live System?
I dont no what can i doNovember 14, 2019 at 11:59 pm #29365Memberbrudal1
I make a test:
1. i config the eth0 with ceni to DHCP –> the /etc/resolv.conf exists –> DNS works
2. i config the eth0 with ceni to my static IP –> the /etc/resolv.conf exists –> DNS works
3. i remaster the system with live-remaster and reboot -> the /etc/resolv.conf does not exists –> DNS does not work
how can i insert the resolv.conf, when i remaster the system on my pendrive??November 15, 2019 at 5:46 am #29369Forum Adminanticapitalista
Are you using disable=lxmd cheat ie the default on antiX-core? If so, make it disable=lx or don’t use it.
Also look in /usr/local/share/live-files/general-files/etc
Whatever changes you made to dhclient.conf and/or interfaces, copy to the correct folder here.
This will stop them from being overwritten.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by anticapitalista.
Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.November 19, 2019 at 1:52 am #29499Memberbrudal1
The Boot Options are “quiet disable=lxdF 3 kdb=de toram”
I copy the File
- /usr/local/share/live-files/general-files/etc/network/interfaces</u> respectively
and the remaster the system with live-remaster.
But the system start allways with dhcp.
it’s the same when i change the Boot Options to “kdb=de toram”November 19, 2019 at 7:36 am #29507Forum Adminanticapitalista
Adding m to disable= will block all networking.
Does that help?
Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.