[Solved] AntiX 19 Installation

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” [Solved] AntiX 19 Installation

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Aug 5-1:23 pm by gdw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    I currently am an Arch user, but I’m seriously thinking of migrating to AntiX. I’m trying to install AntiX 19 on a Acer Nitro 5, but the live usb menu is somewhat different from what I have seen on an old computer of mine. It only gives me the following options:
    – antix-19.2 x64-full (27 March 2020)
    – antix-19.2 x64-full Customize Boot (text menus)
    >>> Advanced Options for antiX-19 x64-full <<<
    Memory Test (64-bit UEFI)
    Boot Rescue Menus
    Press ‘e’ to edit entry.

The options end on a terminal, after the boot process. If I try to install using cli, the fdisk just shows me the live usb.
    Please, can someone point me on the right direction to install AntiX?
    Thanks.

EDIT: The Acer Nitro 5 it’s an i5 with an nvidia gpu. Also, it has only a 512 SSD for storage, no HDD.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by gdw.
    capreacaprea

Hi gdw, am I wrong or is the laptop relatively new hardware. Then you should probably first try the antiX version with a newer kernel.
    antiX-19.2-4.19_kernel_x64-full.iso
    You can download it here
    https://mirrors.evowise.com/mxlinux-iso/ANTIX/Final/antiX-19/4.19_kernel/

Right, Caprea. I’ll give it a try.
    Thank you!

Okay. Now, the live USB goes to X, but it still can’t see my SSD. I only have the option to install it on the usb that booted the system.

capreacaprea

To avoid misunderstandings, the cli-installer doesn’t support UEFI installs,AFAIK. So now you are trying the graphical installer, yes?
    Does gparted see the harddrive?

It wasn’t seeing, but it was an issue with my BIOS Setup. I found out that by pressing ctrl + s in the main section of the Acer Bios Setup the option to change the sata mode to ahci appears. I didn’t know that and there wasn’t anything indicating it. Now AntiX sees my nvme device!
    Thank you, Caprea!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by gdw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.