antiX-19 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19 released

• This topic has 66 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated Dec 8-7:41 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

A neutral name …. would be much more judicious

There is no such thing as neutral, is a middle class myth the media perpetrates to spread mass-narcosis.
    There is no thing as centrist or central or middle ground. You are either for or against injustice, inequality, exploitation, oppression, prejudism, and racism.

Whose side are you on boys, whose side are you on?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by anticapitalista. Reason: shrunk video
    olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

Right … A neutral name for the new versions would be much more judicious. Like MX, Ubuntu, etc

I disagree with the requirement of neutrality in everything we are, we do and say. In nowadays way too liberal West any non-neutral opinions are quickly exterminated by liberal fanatics, their politicians and mass media they control. this created an environment of oppression of those who exercise freedom of speech. Having imposed the requirement of ‘political correctness’, freedom of opinion and speech has been taken away from people.
    If antiX makers chose a not completely neutral dedication so be it and I completely respect and applaud such exercise of freedom, whether I agree with the underlying views or not.

oops
    Helpful
    Up

There is no such thing as neutral,

There is no such thing as neutral, right, but some are more neutrals than others 😉

If antiX makers chose a not completely neutral dedication so be it and I completely respect and applaud such exercise of freedom, whether I agree with the underlying views or not.

… Why not, but for the marketing aspect, it is not judicious (my point of view).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by oops.
    fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

In math we have equality and inequality. What is neutral between the two?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by fungalnet.
    oops
    Helpful
    Up

In math we equality and inequality. What is neutral between the two?

In math, the notion richs versus poors is only a question of disparity, the average of these disparities is neutral.

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

freedom of opinion and speech has been taken away from people

it is so classic, when we talk about state/para-state murders of people who are critical against the state and its economy, to contrast the lack of freedom of expression, in regards to freely be able to be racist, sexist, mysanthropic, ….. all those good things people feel they lost. In the good old days you could preach hate against women, people of color, people who had different bed-habbits than you, and everyone in power would laugh along with you. Now they may fire you (not because they are offended, they may share your views, they are afraid of being sued) they may take you to court, throw you out of school, etc. Aaaahhhhh… those freedoms.

So here comes someone on Reddit, who is NOT afraid of this “liberal regime”, and exercises the freedom to call this 39yo activist executed in the street “a black lesbian who did nothing for her country”.

So I hear your call and raise that same old American Kentucky (bloody Harlan) song
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan_County_War

Whose side are you on, whose side are you on?

oops
    Helpful
    Up

@fungalnet
    FI: a French saying says:
    “It is the law that liberates and the freedom that oppresses.” (since the law of the jungle)

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

the average of these disparities is neutral.

Ok, there are 7bil people on earth and 7bil hectares of land, 1/3 able to produce food. I think we should have neutrality and spread it all even. The water, the oil, the minerals, everything. Para todos todo, para nosotros nada (as the song says), instead we have 0.5% controlling more than 90% with “violence”.

oops
    Helpful
    Up

Ok

In math, the notion richs versus poors is only a question of disparity, the average of these disparities is neutral.
    … And I agree with you, the disparities are too high now … but it is a political aspect relative of each country.

An other french saying:
    “Instead of doing what was right was strong, we made what was strong was right.” (Blaise Pascal)

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

Considering it is ‘antiX 19 released’ thread and the only posts that remained and dominate in this thread are just political discussions: Can I conclude there are no more non-political bugs or imperfections of antiX worth mentioning?

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up

I was tempted to split this out of the thread, but it does have some relevance to the distro, but I would ask for you not to drag it out too much, thanks.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

I have no problem with you discussing politics – but if you want to continue (and feel free to do so), it is probably best to start a new thread under Greek Kafeneio,

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

oops
    Helpful
    Up

You are both right, speaking about politics is not interesting nor relevant here, but the marketing politic is important for the name of a new version (I think).

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

I think what we miss is that antiX is political not because of the name of the edition but because it kicks rear ends of all other systems when it comes to really old “and cheap” 32bit and 64bit hardware that the poor can afford and use. For those that the cost of having a computer and access to the network is an insignificant cost, compared to their remaining life style, antiX is not that important.

This makes it more political than most distros and it is something that I respect in the effort of making it.

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

subreddit message via /r/brasil[M] sent 3 hours ago

You have been temporarily banned from participating in r/brasil. This ban will last for 3 days. You can still view and subscribe to r/brasil, but you won’t be able to post or comment.

Note from the moderators:

Be civil, bro

If you have a question regarding your ban, you can contact the moderator team for r/brasil by replying to this message.

————————
    I should be civil, but the guy saying saying Marielle Franco is a black lesbian who did nothing for her country is not banned. Damn “Neutrals”, moderators and cops. If we all remain civil nothing changes, no interests are threatened, no change in hierarchy (economic and political) … as long as we are all “civil”!

I’d like to fork antiX and call my version Ulrike Marie Meinhof, she died at the age of 42 at the hands of the enemy. I shit all over their civility.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.