antiX-19 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-19 released

• This topic has 66 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated Dec 8-7:41 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    AK-47AK-47

Congratulations to all whose efforts have resulted in this gorgeous release! I see you guys have really upped the anti.
    Only other feedback I have: maybe aim for a (slightly) smaller ISO for the 19.1 release.

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

great work dev team
    I downloaded 32bit-core and am building up with only what I need
    on my presario 2200 laptop. It’s a celerom-M 1.4ghz 512mb ram.
    so far is working great with slim and fluxbox.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

masinickmasinick

Right … A neutral name for the new versions would be much more judicious. Like MX, Ubuntu, etc

I disagree with the requirement of neutrality in everything we are, we do and say. In nowadays way too liberal West any non-neutral opinions are quickly exterminated by liberal fanatics, their politicians and mass media they control. this created an environment of oppression of those who exercise freedom of speech. Having imposed the requirement of ‘political correctness’, freedom of opinion and speech has been taken away from people.
    If antiX makers chose a not completely neutral dedication so be it and I completely respect and applaud such exercise of freedom, whether I agree with the underlying views or not.

I am 100% behind the development, flexibility, differences, and any other “unique” expressions, whether they match my nationality, personality, interests, or not. I have had considerable use, interest, and very favorable, respectful discussions with many people in this and other forums over the years. My political, religious, or other interests or preferences never factor into my interests, respect, or use of this distribution at any time. My personal belief is that the distributor of this – or any distribution – ought to have the freedom to produce and distribute any system with any features that are legal and permissible within the jurisdictions they are distributed – whether individuals “like” or “prefer” what the names, versions, or people may “stand for” or “represent”. I’ve also found over the years that the most interesting places to live and work are places where people genuinely enjoy meeting and collaborating with others who are different (in appearance, country of origin, faith and practice, or anything else that differentiates one from another. We need not agree on everything to have an enjoyable community and a great development team, test teams, and user communities, and that’s exactly what we have – and I am very grateful for the diversity, even diversity of opinion, as long as we can be civil and respectful of one another.

Congratulations to the many great people who DO exemplify these traits in the excellence shown here.

Brian Masinick

From an efficient usability standpoint, this is the nicest distro I’ve ever loaded. A super quick install, a few quick tweaks, and everything falls into place.

I sit down, turn it on, and things work.

What will be the encore?

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

hi masinick,

Very well put and concur …. names to me are up to the creators and is up to them to like
    or dislike any suggestions. I like the flexibility and customizing options in this distro
    along with the way the dev team can still actually participate in the forum discussions.
    Also the openness to freedom esp. on some of the threads and titles 🙂 I’m still getting
    used to 19 buster but my main 2 are on 17.4.1-stretch for some time to come. Right now my
    19-buster is very untraditional and work in progress so I’ll leave commenting here for any issues
    come across ….. so far not many 🙂

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

masinickmasinick

From an efficient usability standpoint, this is the nicest distro I’ve ever loaded. A super quick install, a few quick tweaks, and everything falls into place.

I sit down, turn it on, and things work.

What will be the encore?

You are so right, BobC.

antiX is an excellent distribution in many ways. What I find particularly interesting (and personally amusing) is that today’s implementation of MX Linux, with the exception of the version specific graphics and the current releases of software applications, is otherwise VERY similar to a version of antiX Core that I customized for my own use a number of years ago.

When Simply MEPIS stopped being developed a group of people got together and made a successor to MEPIS called MX Linux, based on antiX, replacing Fluxbox, IceWM and JWM with a clean implementation of the Xfce desktop (which is what I did a long time ago with antiX Core, and that’s what is “amusing” to me).

MX Linux is more complete as a general purpose distribution than my personal customized implementation, but it demonstrates the solid infrastructure that has been in the antiX distribution for years.

What else is interesting is that the antiX distribution came in to existence as a lightweight alternative to the parent distribution of MEPIS, and today antiX, ironically, is a “parent” to MX Linux, since the infrastructure is built primarily from antiX.

Both are excellent distributions, each meeting their intended purpose very well.

Brian Masinick

I am 100% behind the development, flexibility, differences, and any other “unique” expressions, whether they match my nationality, personality, interests, or not. I have had considerable use, interest, and very favorable, respectful discussions with many people in this and other forums over the years. My political, religious, or other interests or preferences never factor into my interests, respect, or use of this distribution at any time. My personal belief is that the distributor of this – or any distribution – ought to have the freedom to produce and distribute any system with any features that are legal and permissible within the jurisdictions they are distributed – whether individuals “like” or “prefer” what the names, versions, or people may “stand for” or “represent”. I’ve also found over the years that the most interesting places to live and work are places where people genuinely enjoy meeting and collaborating with others who are different (in appearance, country of origin, faith and practice, or anything else that differentiates one from another. We need not agree on everything to have an enjoyable community and a great development team, test teams, and user communities, and that’s exactly what we have – and I am very grateful for the diversity, even diversity of opinion, as long as we can be civil and respectful of one another.

Congratulations to the many great people who DO exemplify these traits in the excellence shown here.

Well said masinick, I agree completely.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.