antiX-21-beta2 iso files available.

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-21-beta2 iso files available.

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 140 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Nov 6-1:52 am by bci.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

@calciumsodium. Thanks for testing. We will have to recommend using the old buster package next time a b43 slowness thread appears.

chip-ID: 14e4:4320

I checked the script, and it seems it treats this chip as a legacy chip (rev 2), and doesn’t consider (rev 3) at all.

I will try to think on a way to check for this specific chip and send a proposal to Debian.
    Would you mind to a final test (only run this script and give me the output) in antiX 19 or 21:
    lspci -n -d 14e4:4320 | grep "rev 03"

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Xecure.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

You simply need to append this bootcode to make things work, in my case it reads
    linux=1440x900
    right at the end of the existing line

I will try it out on VB and real hardware with default kernel. Thanks.

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up

Would you mind to a final test (only run this script and give me the output) in antiX 19 or 21:
    lspci -n -d 14e4:4320 | grep "rev 03"

Hi @Xecure,

This is the output. Thanks again for all your help.

$ lspci -n -d 14e4:4320 | grep "rev 03"
    02:06.0 0280: 14e4:4320 (rev 03)
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

This is the output.

Great. I will see if I can add an exception for this exact chip and send it upstream to Debian.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    Helpful
    Up

anyone missing boot menus? On vitualbox legacy boot I only have F1 and F2 menu options. On a real live-usb, the UEFI boot menus worked oK but the desktop options apparently don’t match the current offerings. could switch from the icewm window manager menu OK. I don’t have a legacy live-booting machine to check on.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by dolphin_oracle.
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

anyone missing boot menus? On vitualbox legacy boot I only have F1 and F2 menu options.

I cannot say about the 32bits one, but on the 64bits b2 ISO on Legacy boot, the first boot screen for selecting the kernel only has those two (F1, F2) menus on purpose (I think), as its only objective is selecting what kernel to use at boot. After selecting the kernel, you see the well-known legacy menus with all the Fn options. Is it perhaps the 32bits ISO the one with missing menus? (I haven’t tested it yet)

On a real live-usb, the UEFI boot menus worked oK but the desktop options apparently don’t match the current offerings. could switch from the icewm window manager menu OK.

My mistake for forgetting to send the changes. I think anticapitalista has fixed this for the next ISO.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    Helpful
    Up

anyone missing boot menus? On vitualbox legacy boot I only have F1 and F2 menu options.

I cannot say about the 32bits one, but on the 64bits b2 ISO on Legacy boot, the first boot screen for selecting the kernel only has those two (F1, F2) menus on purpose (I think), as its only objective is selecting what kernel to use at boot. After selecting the kernel, you see the well-known legacy menus with all the Fn options. Is it perhaps the 32bits ISO the one with missing menus? (I haven’t tested it yet)

Ah I bet I’m just not familiar with the dual kernel boot menus. I’ll try again and report back.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    Helpful
    Up

Xecure, you were correct. No problem with the boot menus except the desktop codes.

Robin
    Helpful
    Up

Some findings on 21b2 full, 32 bit single core, Live, persistence root+home

1.) Anybody else with difficulties using diff command in console window?

$ diff file1 file2
    Bash: diff: Input-/Output error

$ diff --help
    Bash: diff: Input-/Output error

2.) »Sound check« from antiX Control center:
    When clicking, a (probably) black window flashes opens for a split second and vanishes again, without any sound or testing.

3.) Same result with »Alsa Frequency correction« from Control center

(but sound itself and alsmixer both work fine)

4.) »Printer settings« from Control center: A message is displayed, that no print service is running. But the button „start Service” is greyed out, no way to activate and use this tool.

5.) zzzFM displays error message on exit, session settings could not get stored due to the fact the file system is read only. But settings are saved anyway, file system should be read/write since persistence is active.

6.) Minor: While startup Message is displayed: »Unknown or wrong boot parameter was found: linux=1440×900«
    But this boot parameter is correct, since without it the screen can’t be set to the correct resolution/size.

system data without using this linux= boot code:

Graphics:
    Device-1: NVIDIA NV43M [GeForce Go 6600] vendor: Rioworks driver: N/A
    bus-ID: 01:00.0
    Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nouveau,vesa
    unloaded: fbdev,modesetting resolution: 1024×768
    OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 11.0.1 128 bits) v: 4.5 Mesa 20.3.5
    direct render: Yes

system data when using this linux=1440×900 boot code:

Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA NV43M [GeForce Go 6600] vendor: Rioworks driver: nouveau v: kernel 
               bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:0148 class-ID: 0300 
               Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nouveau 
               unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa alternate: nv display-ID: :0.0 screens: 1 
               Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1440x900 s-dpi: 96 s-size: 380x238mm (15.0x9.4") 
               s-diag: 448mm (17.7") 
               Monitor-1: LVDS-1 res: 1440x900 hz: 60 dpi: 100 size: 367x230mm (14.4x9.1") 
               diag: 433mm (17.1") 

OpenGL: renderer: NV43 v: 2.1 Mesa 20.3.5 direct render: Yes

And now all output devices are “seen”
    $ xrandr
    Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1440 x 900, maximum 4096 x 4096
    VGA-1 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    LVDS-1 connected 1440×900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 367mm x 230mm
    1440×900 60.00*+
    1152×864 59.96
    1024×768 59.92
    800×600 59.86
    640×480 59.38
    720×400 59.55
    640×400 59.95
    640×350 59.77
    TV-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Just figuring how to activate them actually. While using original nvidia driver on antiX 17 and 19 all this was managed automatically when plugging the external devices or pressing the Fn+F3 Button. Nouveau obviously needs to get configured manually here, so this is probably nothing 21b2 is responsible for.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

2.) »Sound check« from antiX Control center:
    When clicking, a (probably) black window flashes opens for a split second and vanishes again, without any sound or testing.

3.) Same result with »Alsa Frequency correction« from Control center

(but sound itself and alsmixer both work fine)

I think this is related to reading “default” card instead of the correct device number. Does the same happen after selecting the Sound card?

4.) »Printer settings« from Control center: A message is displayed, that no print service is running. But the button „start Service” is greyed out, no way to activate and use this tool.

On live, printing and other services are disabled for a leaner live USB experience. You either remove the disable=l boot parameter, or manually start cups service
    sudo service cups start

6.) Minor: While startup Message is displayed: »Unknown or wrong boot parameter was found: linux=1440×900«

I searched but haven’t found thie linux= boot parameter anywhere.

Maybe the resolution would be the same if using xorg=nouveau
    Seeing your tests, when not using the “linux” parameter:

Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nouveau,vesa

When using the “linux=” boot parameter

Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nouveau

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I ran some tests today.
    antiX 21 sysvinit is running well.

I did notice that the current release of Opera fails on ,any sites including (but not ONLY) the antiX forum site.

I have not seen instability with any other web browser recently.

I’ll experiment to make sure it is not because of my own set-up. In any case the OS and other apps are very stable.

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I don’t have trouble with diff or zzzfm.

Mine work done.

Brian Masinick

LikkMii
    Helpful
    Up

I prefer alpha 1-2

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by LikkMii.
    LikkMii
    Helpful
    Up

Ever figure why the Crunchmaster got his Bullseye in a week ? Probably because he wasn’t screwing around with 15 desktops-file managers
    Anti. Pick one. Get it right and forget the rest. Ice is stunning. Space is an option. Rox is garbage. Ever heard of Thunar ? It’s pretty neat

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Patience is a virtue …

space is dead, rox is great, thunar is garbage.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.