antiX-21-beta2 iso files available.

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-21-beta2 iso files available.

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 125 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated Oct 13-10:10 pm by bunkbail.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    manyroads
    Helpful
    Up

Well real geek wannabes use nnn or ranger. 😉

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    dwm & i3wm ~Reg. Linux User #449130
    20 Jan 2021 ~ "End of an Error"

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Well real geek wannabes use nnn or ranger. 😉

Real geeks don’t use a file manager 🙂

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up

rox is great

I really like rox. It is very efficient with respect to memory usage. Thanks for having rox-icewm as the default desktop. I appreciate it.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

rox is great

I really like rox. It is very efficient with respect to memory usage. Thanks for having rox-icewm as the default desktop. I appreciate it.

Likewise! 👍

Brian Masinick

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

clicked to check the progress of the BETATESTING thread, and discovered…

i like pie !

Lifesize !

thundersmurf is garbage !

my toe hurts…

Robin
    Helpful
    Up

2.) »Sound check« from antiX Control center:
    When clicking, a (probably) black window flashes opens for a split second and vanishes again, without any sound or testing.

3.) Same result with »Alsa Frequency correction« from Control center

(but sound itself and alsmixer both work fine)

Have to eat my words. These do work fine now, both. I have no clue what has happened first time I tried this, but I hadn’t anything to fix to make it work. Maybe it is somehow connected with the odd message I get quite frequently, that /dev/sdb (the Live USB stick) was not properly unmounted before shutdown. Then on next boot system performs a full file system check; normally nothing wrong is ever found, but now I remember, that this time I had to reboot since system told something about corrupted data in a persistence file, which was deleted then automatically. After reboot it seemed everything was fine again, nothing missing. But now I reckon, the malfunctioning alsa test was dependent on this, and it only looked as if everything was fine. To make it short: Clear-all. Works fine now. @Xecure I’ll check the different bootcodes you mentioned as soon as possible.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Well real geek wannabes use nnn or ranger. 🙂

Real geeks don’t use a file manager 🙂

You’ve got that right!

Now as an “oldie” I sometimes use a file manager, but frankly when I am searching or doing anything that I want to know something quickly and accurately, I still use a terminal and one of many standard tools, most often a combination of wild cards, file completion, and shell-based tricks. If I need more, there are certainly tools: sed, grep, … along with the really good programmable tools, Perl, Python, etc., though I seldom need to use these any more; not doing anything other than hobbyist testing any more…

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Brian Masinick. Reason: Typo

Brian Masinick

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello Xecure.

The command to replace streamlight with mpv:
    (O comando para substituir o streamlight pelo mpv:)

mpv 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuTtjF6zS0'

It worked correctly in Fluxbox and IceWM. But in JWM I couldn’t make it work.
    (Funcionou corretamente no Fluxbox e IceWM. Mas no JWM eu não consegui fazer funcionar.)

Fluxbox:
    [exec] (Vídeos de Ajuda do Menu Pessoal) {mpv --window-scale=0.5 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuTtjF6zS0'} </usr/share/antiX/FAQ/images/antix-logo-3.png>

IceWM:
    prog "Vídeos de Ajuda do Menu Pessoal" /usr/share/antiX/FAQ/images/antix-logo-3.png sh -c "mpv --window-scale=0.5 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuTtjF6zS0'"

JWM (the command below did not work):

<JWM>
    <Program label="Vídeos de Ajuda do Menu Pessoal" icon="/usr/share/antiX/FAQ/images/antix-logo-3.png">"mpv 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuTtjF6zS0'"</Program>
    </JWM>

Note: I edited the Fluxbox and IceWM template to follow the template provided by Xecure.
    (Nota: Eu editei o modelo do Fluxbox e do IceWM para seguir o modelo informado pelo Xecure.)

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

From the recent update for desktop-defaults-jwm-antix
    <Program label="Vídeos de Ajuda do Menu Pessoal" icon="/usr/share/antiX/FAQ/images/antix-logo-3.png">mpv --window-scale=0.5 "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuTtjF6zS0"</Program>

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you Xecure, all are working correctly.

Obrigado Xecure, todos estão funcionado corretamente.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Does anyone else have an empty “Drivers” section in Control Centre? Shouldn’t at least the nvidia drivers installer be there?
    cc-drivers-empty

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

@Xecure – I need to update control centre since the nvidia drivers now point to /usr/bin from /usr/local/bin

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

@Xecure – I need to update control centre since the nvidia drivers now point to /usr/bin from /usr/local/bin

Thanks, anticapitalista.

Are all MX programs now migrating to /usr/bin? Is this related to the “Filesystem Hierarchy Standard” topic on MX Linux forums or is this their conscious decision?
    I liked that antiX programs and scripts were found in /usr/local/bin, while main Debian or other external packages would go to /usr/bin (I liked the separation and the ease to explore such large lists of binaries). Is antiX going to make the same move as MX in the future?

Sorry for the Off-topic.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Xecure. Reason: making the question clearer

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Most gui MX programs that we use on antiX have already been moved to /usr/bin (if they were in /usr/local/bin) eg package-installer, boot-repair, iso-snapshot etc. This seems sensible to me.

For script-based apps using gtkdialog, yad, dialog and cli based apps, I like how we have it at the moment ie using /usr/local/bin.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

For script-based apps using gtkdialog, yad, dialog and cli based apps, I like how we have it at the moment ie using /usr/local/bin.

👌

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.