antiX-21 (Grup Yorum) released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-21 (Grup Yorum) released

• This topic has 66 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated Dec 15-7:17 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    chrispop

Congratulations on another excellent release!

I seed all the antiX (and MX Linux) torrents 24/7; will torrent files be made available for this version please?

PPC

Nice! My thanks to anticapitalista and the rest of the team! I’m downloading the runit, 64 bits version as I type this…

PS: we talk sometimes, here in the forum, that antiX is usually not for mainstream users, that it requires some knowledge to use… But my opinion is that anticapitalista is too modest- over the last 2-3 years antiX kept true to it’s moto “Lean and slim”, but at the same time, became easier and easier to use- for most common tasks and basic configuration/installation, antiX can (and should) be perfectly usable by Windows refugees, or even folks coming for some newbie oriented distros- like Mint, etc…

P.

olsztyn

But my opinion is that anticapitalista is too modest

Yes, indeed. This is also reflected in a modest pseudonym anticapitalista despite being decided by Google as full ‘capitalist’…
          Regardless whether big capital is indeed behind antiX advancement to new hights of perfection, antiX now leads in some of the latest and greatest, such as Runit, Connman 1.40 and CMST 2021, not speaking of other top of the line enhancements too many to itemize…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
          http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Forum Admin
          anticapitalista

P.S.:
            Just noticed: When I dumped the above Greek version of ‘thank you anticapitalista’ (ευχαριστώ αντικαπιταλιστα) into Google Translate, to translate back into English, Google decided to translate it as ‘thank you capitalist’!
            Apparently Google decided that the prefix ‘anti’ must have been a sure mistake…

That’s funny.

Google wants the hyphen it seems (ευχαριστώ αντι-καπιταλιστα)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin
            anticapitalista

Using Package installer, may be repo related but needs checking as will frustrate users
              and feed trolls/testers..

failed to install Palemoon SSE, Ungoogled Chromium, Tor
              Tor browser Launcher.

Palemoon SSE is 32 bit only – works ok on 32 bit antiX-21
              Ungoogled chromium – failed here – fix coming
              Tor and Tor browser Launcher installed ok on my box

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

radekX

congratulation Antix team.
                I guess there is no upgrade way from antix 19.4. Only fresh install 21 is recommended.

Forum Admin
                anticapitalista

congratulation Antix team.
                  I guess there is no upgrade way from antix 19.4. Only fresh install 21 is recommended.

upgrade-anix19-to-anix21-without-reinstalling/

Wallon

Thanks to you anticapitalista for the release of antiX 21 and to the whole antiX community.
                    It’s really a great day, I’ll open a good bottle to celebrate.
                    The people around the antiX project are rich, very rich… in knowledge and they share it with everybody.
                    I am really happy and proud to know people like you.

fungalnet

Great work everyone

The front against IBM domination just upgraded its arsenal.

Forum Admin
                      anticapitalista

Congratulations on another excellent release!

I seed all the antiX (and MX Linux) torrents 24/7; will torrent files be made available for this version please?

For the moment they are here:antiX-21 torrents

Thanks to Tim (MX dev).

stevesr0

Congrats to Anti and the “team”.

I plan to install to a USB stick to test on my systems.

stevesr0

Brian Masinick

Wow, I was *slacking* over the weekend!

Nice work everyone! I’ll get my Full (regular) edition and my runit edition installed promptly.
                            I’ve been testing them all along on my Dell Inspiron 5558 without any problems, so I am expecting similar results with the final edition once I’ve safely installed BOTH editions.

I’m hoping that one of the newer kernels will eventually help make it possible for me to also install antiX 21 on one of my newer pieces of hardware, an Acer Aspire 5 A515-55 (with NVME SSD); it hasn’t worked well with either antiX 19, antiX 21 test or any edition of MX Linux (except for the AV Linux MXE, which works with the AVL/MXE 19.4). IF it only works with the older hardware, I’m fine with it; siduction works GREAT with the Acer Aspire 5.

I’ll report periodically on my findings with my one piece of “newer” hardware; meanwhile, as always, I’m DELIGHTED with antiX with the 3-4 pieces of relic hardware on which I use it, and chiefly with the Dell Inspiron 5558.

--
                            Brian Masinick

olsztyn

Just an error to report:
                              Runit (I do not think runit matters here) antiX 21 install alive to SATA internal HD fails on partitioning hard drive.
                              Install performed from the initial antiX 21 Full from terminal:
                              sudo live-usb-maker –force=usb
                              Then selecting option to create preceding Data partition.
                              Process:
                              $ sudo live-usb-maker –force=usb
                              ===============================================================================
                              Starting live-usb-maker 2.41.18
                              ===============================================================================
                              Found live media device /dev/sdb
                              Only one target usb device was found sda
                              Will use target device sda (55.9G ATA HTS721060G9SA00)

Please select an action to perform
                              = Make a full-featured live-usb
                              > Start live-usb with a data partition
                              > Make an encrypted full-featured live-usb
                              > Make a customized live-usb (includes encryption option)
                              > Other options
                              Press <Enter> to select the highlighted entry
                              Use ‘h’ for help, ‘r’ to redraw, ‘q’ to quit

Please select the source for the new live-usb
                              = Clone this live system (sdb1)
                              > Copy from an ISO file
                              Live boot directory /antiX
                              Will use source directory /live/boot-dev
                              Distro: antiX-21-runit_x64-full Grup Yorum 30 October 2021
                              Found grub config 2.0

Total Used Extra
                              entire drive 55.9 GiB 55.9 GiB 1 MiB
                              main partition 55.8 GiB 1.40 GiB 54.4 GiB
                              uefi partition 50 MiB 20 MiB 30 MiB

——————————————————————————-
                              Ready to make live-usb on device sda
                              … by cloning directory /live/boot-dev
                              ——————————————————————————-

Shall we begin?
                              = yes
                              > no
                              > pretend mode
                              >> partition-clear
                              >> partition-make
                              Using msdos partitioning
                              Error: Partitioning failed at making
                              partition: Partitioning failed at
                              demo@antix1:

I did not run into this problem with 21B2. However a Possibility is that condition of hard disk partition table changed, not necesssarily difference between antiX 21 Golden and B2.

Update!!!!
                              The issue resolved:
                              When this error persisted – Live usb maker was not able to create partitions on SATA internal HD then:
                              – Manually Gparted HD into one partition with warning that kernel could not be updated on this
                              – Rebooted so kernel would re-read partition table
                              – Re-ran sudo live-usb-maker –force=usb
                              – Worked fine now

I am not clear why this requires manual workaround but now I think I remember running into such occasion on antiX21 B2 as well in the past, so there is no difference between antix21 Golden and B2 in this case I think.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                              http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Brian Masinick

Booted amd64 Full image cleanly and added several apps without any visual issues. I’m installing it now.

Will go back and install the runit equivalent image on another partition, try them out and send a more complete report after getting a workout on both. As I stated earlier I am not expecting to see anything major since Alpha and Beta testing went well on this hardware for me.

--
                                Brian Masinick

roland

Congratulations to all involved. I see only Connman mentioned for wifi, does that mean I will not be able to continue using Ceni? Or even Wicd? I have tried on 2 occasions to make Connman work for me, without success. I’m sure my alarm is
                                  without foundation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.