antiX-21 wallpaper

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-21 wallpaper

• This topic has 37 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated May 9-3:05 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Whether some or many of the images in this thread make it into one of our releases, I’d encourage forum participants to take advantage of the great artwork here and perhaps put some of it into your Pictures folder and periodically change your background in recognition of the wonderful art that has been presented in photography and graphical art.

Brian Masinick

ileile

Hello anticapitalista and everyone
    fire extinguisher
    crosses borders.

marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hello everybody.

There are so many beautiful pictures and images that it is difficult to choose just one.

PPC, these wonderful photos of Portugal …

SergioH, I’m glad this photo doesn’t show the part of the hill that has the favelas … (Shame! Not mine, but what causes poverty and misery)

See the image of the person carrying the burden https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2019/04/05/chiapasborder16_custom-507265e3237bda784739120c269dd5bddb721c5f-s1700-c85.webp, on the link that Rokytnji shared, made me reflect .. It is the opposite of what I live in my day to day, buses and trains always full, having the “such” pandemic or not. The question is, does the heavy burden represent work or is it the long walk that represents work?

When you have 3 or 5 images/photos defined, I propose a poll, so everyone can vote, the most voted can become the default image and the others can be saved/stored in the folder in antiX, if the end user wants it can be replaced by other.

What do you think of this idea?

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá a todos.

São tantas fotos e imagens lindas que são difíceis de escolher apenas uma.

PPC, estas fotos de Portugal maravilhosas …

SergioH, ainda bem que esta foto não mostra a parte do morro que possui as favelas … (Vergonha! Não a minha, mas do que causa a pobreza e a miséria)

Ver a imagem da pessoa carregando o fardo https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2019/04/05/chiapasborder16_custom-507265e3237bda784739120c269dd5bddb721c5f-s1700-c85.webp, no link que o Rokytnji compartilhou, me fez refletir … É o oposto do que eu vivo no meu dia a dia, ônibus e trens sempre lotados, tendo a “tal” pandemia ou não. A dúvida é o seguinte, o fardo pesado representa o trabalho ou é a longa caminhada que representa o trabalho?

Quando tiverem 3 ou 5 imagens/fotos definidas, eu proponho uma enquete, assim todos poderão votar, a mais votada poderá se tornar a imagem padrão e as outras poderão ficar guardadas/armazenadas na pasta no antiX, se o usuário final quiser poderá substituir por outra.

O que acham desta ideia?

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Marcelo, To avoid legal troubles antiX needs to have permission to use a picture from a website, or use a picture created by someone that will give them permission to use it.

The picture you referred to looks good to me, too, and NPR might be willing to give permission if asked, but they would need to be asked.

marcelocripemarcelocripe

So, BobC, to avoid problems with authorization and rights, we can use those contained in the topic https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/wallpaper-with-xaos-xpf-to-enjoy, started by linuxdaddy. I believe that if the ones posted by our artists are used, they will make them very happy.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Então, BobC, para não ter problemas com autorização e direitos, podemos utilizar as contidas no tópico https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/wallpaper-with-xaos-xpf-to-enjoy, iniciado pelo linuxdaddy. Eu acredito que se forem utilizadas as postadas por nossos artistas, os deixarão muito contentes.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Yes, those are good examples of ones that shouldn’t cause legal problems.

anticapitalista will probably decide in the end, but it would be nice if he has multiple good ones to choose from. He may decide he would like a poll, but that’s up to him.

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

marceocripe wrote:

I believe that if the ones posted by our artists are used, they will make them very happy

That would be a huge honor, I would suggest a poll for user input of a set of images.
    Asking individual members of other websites is extra work
    for someone to do for a release.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

marcelocripe wrote:

I believe that if the ones posted by our artists are used, they will make them very happy

That would be a huge honor, I would suggest a poll for user input of a set of images.
    Asking individual members of other websites is extra work
    for someone to do for a release.

I agree with this general suggestion. It does not prevent someone from using any link or reference anywhere on this site or on freely available pages anywhere else, but it does provide a sensible structure, process, and it also recognizes the work of community members here and avoids violating anyone else’s property, unless permission has been explicitly granted to use other resources.

Linuxdaddy is certainly one who has shared both artwork and photography; many other forum members have done the same. I applaud and endorse the idea of valuing and including their work as chosen by the community and the development team.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.