antiX-22 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-22 released

• This topic has 38 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Jun 17-10:29 am by Xunzi_23.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

antiX-22 is a new release update of our 21 series based on Debian bullseye.

As usual we offer the following completely systemd-free and for this particular upgrade – elogind-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture. Available iso files for sysVinit or runit.

antiX-full (c1.4GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.

antiX-base (c800MB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.

antiX-core (c460MB) – no X, but should support most wireless.

antiX-net (c180MB)- no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build. (NOTE – to connect to the Internet, you might need to type as root user dhclient eth0 or eth1)

The 32 bit version uses a non-pae kernel.

This is predominantly an update of our last release (antiX-21), but with a newer 4.9.0-326 kernel, latest 3 series IceWM, latest firefox-esr 102.3 (full), seamonkey 2.53.14 (base), improved localisation and fixed deb archive keys.

mps-youtube has been removed since it doesn’t seem to work anymore.
      Sakis3G replaces modem-manager(gui).

NOTE: elogind, libpam-elogind and libelogind0 have also been removed.
      Instead we use seatd and consolekit.

Many upstream core Debian packages have been rebuilt to remove a hard dependency on libsystemd0/libelogind0
      These include apt, cups, dbus, gvfs, openssh, policykit-1, procps, pulseaudio, rpcbind, rsyslog, samba, sane-backends, udisks2, util-linux, webkit2gtk and xorg-server

Those using previous versions of antiX-21 do not need to download this new version. Simply upgrade via apt or synaptic.

Get iso files from here: antiX-22 Download

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by anticapitalista. Reason: added dhclient info

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe

Thank you very much anticapitalista.

olsztyn

Thank you. Another official step towards perfection…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
          http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

techore

Awesome. Thank you!

It’s my bday and the release of 22 is wonderful gift to wake up to. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by techore.
            olsztyn

Those using previous versions of antiX-21 do not need to download this new version. Simply upgrade via apt or synaptic.

Looks like (cautiously expected) my antiX is already antiX22… No new updates on top of what I have been running already – antiX 21 runit *elogind*-free.
              Unless not all updates are in repos yet…

Robin

Many thanks for all the hard work, anticapitalista!

latest firefox-esr 102.3

Just a hint to all people encountering stability issues like frequent arbitrary crashes with firefox ESR 102.3: just upgrade to most recent firefox ESR 102.4, which seems to run way more stable. It has been released yesterday only. At least for me this solved this naughty problem.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

olsztyn

It appears that the new (libelogind0-free) libbrlapi0.8 for QEMU/KVM has not been yet included in antiX22 repos…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by olsztyn.

Forum Admin
                  anticapitalista

It appears that the new (libelogind0-free) libbrlapi0.8 for QEMU/KVM has not been yet included in antiX22 repos…

Waiting to be moved.
                    http://repo.antixlinux.com/uploads/bullseye/nosystemd/

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Rantanplan

Hi,

Great job.

congratulatiosn to the dev team & the antix team.

Many thanks.

Vive antiX !
                      Vive le Groland !

Mike O’Toole

antiX article on Wikipedia updated with 22 info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AntiX

Mike

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mike O'Toole.

MX Linux facebook group moderator
                        Dell OptiPlex 7050 Intel Core i7-7700 32 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, antiX 23, Windows 11
                        Dell Inspiron N7010 Intel Core i5 M 460 8 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, Windows 10
                        HP Pavilion p2-1394 Intel Core i3-2120T 8Gb: MX 23 KDE, Windows 10

olsztyn

Wikipedia updated with 22 info.

Minor inaccuracy is that runit is default init system for antiX. Perhaps it is a good hint. It should be for antiX 22 after all…

astronut

Many thanks for this news and Antix update!

AntiX, Lilidog, PCLinuxOS, Mabox, SparkyLinux, Bodhi

felipecardope

thanks for this update

Mike O’Toole

Minor inaccuracy is that runit is default init system for antiX.

Thank you olsztyn! Fixed. Feel free to suggest further action items.

I’m still an antiX newb so in that Wikipedia article, there may still be bits that are wrong [stale] but not as obvious [to me] as they are to others.

I have done many minor edits to that article since September 2021 and am willing to do many more in the enjoyment of my retirement.

MX Linux facebook group moderator
                                Dell OptiPlex 7050 Intel Core i7-7700 32 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, antiX 23, Windows 11
                                Dell Inspiron N7010 Intel Core i5 M 460 8 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, Windows 10
                                HP Pavilion p2-1394 Intel Core i3-2120T 8Gb: MX 23 KDE, Windows 10

matheus

Hello,

Thank you anticapitalista for the great work on antiX 22. The folks of antiX community in Brazil is very grateful for your work.

I tested it on my workstation and it’s phenomenal. I consider the antiX “the sucessor” of the “old Debian”.

T+

—-

Olá,

Obrigado anticapitalista pelo ótimo trabalho no antiX 22. O pessoal da comunidade antiX no Brasil está muito grato pelo seu trabalho.

Eu testei na minha estação de trabalho e é fenomenal. Considero o antiX “o sucessor” do “antigo Debian”.

T+

CPU =>Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40 GHz 04 Cores / 08 Threads.
                                  RAM =>16 Gb (2x Hyperx Red DDR3 08GB 1866)
                                  GPU =>Palit GeForce GT 1030 2Gb GDDR5 (Driver Nvidia Current)
                                  Monitor => Samsung SyncMaster T22A300
                                  Motherboard +> "Chinese" ZX-H61C

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.