antiX-22 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-22 released

• This topic has 38 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Jun 17-10:29 am by Xunzi_23.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    anarchy_79

SweeeeeEEEET! Thanks a bunch for this.

~~ everybody do as I say and nobody gets hurt.
      ~~ ok, somebody's getting hurt.

Brian Masinick

I grabbed antiX 22 rumor full and tried it on my HP 14 laptop.

Like the other case. I’ll have to bring in other kernels in order to get networking working.

--
        Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

By the way I did the same thing with antiX 21; took a while to set it up but now it works great and even runs version 6 kernels I grafted in.

When I do the same here it’ll work on this hardware.

My Dell Inspiron laptop will work without the modifications.

--
          Brian Masinick

Antix-X

How to do the upgrade in the terminal? sudo apt dist upgrade?

Brian Masinick

From a terminal console:

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
              or the “newer” version:
              sudo apt update; sudo apt full-upgrade

Both work fine (and are virtually equivalent)

--
              Brian Masinick

Colonel Panic

Thanks Brian, I’ll bear this in mind.

Brian Masinick

I go further than that.

Generally speaking, I have many bash alias commands (most of which I can also use with any *sh shell, such as ksh, pdksh, bash, or zsh); I haven’t run into an OLD Bourne Shell in a REALLY long time, but they’d work there too.

alias ug=’sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade’
                  alias ugb=’sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade; sudo update-grub’
                  alias ur=’sudo apt-get autoremove’

are three alias definitions I commonly use. On all of the Debian-based systems I use at the present time – MX Linux, two different releases of antiX, siduction, and when I have it, Debian, regardless of if it’s a stable, testing, or unstable variation; these work.

When I use a non Debian derived distribution, I modify the commands the aliases use, but keep the same alias name, so as as example, I
                  have something like alias ug=’sudo pacman -Syu’ or alias ug=’sudo yay -Syu’ or a similar command for an Arch based distribution.
                  I’ll use urpmi or something like that with Mandriva, or possibly dnf. In other words, I use the same group of alias names and
                  use each distribution’s management tools to perform the equivalent operations.

--
                  Brian Masinick

fungalnet

The search is not working too well for me, or there is no single thread yet of discussion of antiX-23 yet.
                    As I am finding it hard to believe but refraining of creating a separate thread, is anyone here kind enough to point to a thread for antiX-23

The way I figured as it is the next stable based on bookworm it doesn’t really fit with sid discussion, I didn’t see a release announcement, if is not an official release,… maybe there should be a board for unofficial/beta releases?

Anyway, it kicks buttocks this 23-redit version I tried but still I have some questions and want to see what others thought about it too. It appears to have had hundreds of downloads since its release.

Xunzi_23

Hi fungalnet, thread starts with https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/antix-23-beta2-iso-files-for-testing/#post-108980

Forum search not working too well is understatement 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.