antiX-23.1 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-23.1 released

• This topic has 218 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Mar 13-5:33 pm by Stéphane Ascoët.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

We finally got there.
      This point release is primarily a bug-fix release, but it does include a lot of improvements and some new applications.
      Many thanks to all who worked on this release as programmers, translators or testers.
      Those using antiX-23 do not need to re-install

Full announcement here:https://antixlinux.com/antix-23-1-released/

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Brian Masinick

We finally got there.
        This point release is primarily a bug-fix release, but it does include a lot of improvements and some new applications.
        Many thanks to all who worked on this release as programmers, translators or testers.
        Those using antiX-23 do not need to re-install

Full announcement here:https://antixlinux.com/antix-23-1-released/

Congratulations on this achievement, thanks to @anticapitalista, @Dave, @bitjam, plus the many people who have been working on translations, updated applications, testing, and overall helpfulness!

Looking forward to having this downloaded and installed soon!

--
        Brian Masinick

madibi

Uahuuu yeaaa!!!
          Many thx to everybody involved in the development and Mr. AntiXapitalista, the helmsman who gives direction to the project
          🙂
          m

Brian Masinick

I have the image downloaded; I will try it out live next as soon as the Flash Drive is written out.
            Installation and other details later.
            Meanwhile, I’m operating on my antiX 23.1 runit full image as it exists just prior to this download.

--
            Brian Masinick

blur13

I found the download to be MUCH faster at

https://mxrepo.com/Final/antiX-23.1/

Brian Masinick

I have it installed and the majority of my usual customization complete. So far, same experience as antiX 23 and 23.1; using the runit full x64 version and it’s very good.

--
                Brian Masinick

PPC

Yes!!! Many thanks, anticapitalista and the rest of the team!

P.

Robin

Many thanks @anticapitalista and congratulations on the completed release! I can’t think of how you can stem all this work with 16 ISOs to create… And then having us around constantly nagging about something isn’t right still.

Will take a breath first, from keyboard-marathon on last minute samba tool fixing last evenings, and then check out the new ISO version. I’m glad it’s out now, so virtual things can be done a bit more unhurried. There is real-life work waiting for me.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

greyowl

Thank you so much for all your effort to provide us such a unique gift.
                      I have followed the development through out. I am impressed with everyone working together in such a respectful and generous way.
                      Thanks again.

Dell Latitude D620 laptop with antiX 22 (64 bit)

Brian Masinick

This entire effort has been excellent!
                        @Robin all the work you and your partners did worked out well; I tried out both the radio and TV and they run great in this solution.
                        I hope all of the other details work out; if not, they can be updated and further improved. From my perspective, right from the live
                        image, and again once installed, everything looked great!

--
                        Brian Masinick

ProwlerGr

Amazing work & an amazing team here at antiX!!

Brian Masinick

Amazing work & an amazing team here at antiX!!

worked
                            Thank you @ProwlerGr! Many thanks for your numerous recent contributions, including your latest creation for our friends @ MX Linux!

I worked on setting up my newest antiX 23.1 configuration earlier today and it turned out terrific;
                            now I’m actually almost wrapping up my configuration that I put together on your build today;
                            I’m now running it on the same computer where I installed antiX 23.1 – the HP-14 where
                            I now have TWO init-diversity distros thanks to what you’ve done!

--
                            Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

manutencao@antix1:~/Documentos/antiX 23.1 de 32 e 64 bits
                              $ md5sum -c ‘antiX-23.1_x64-full.iso.md5’
                              antiX-23.1_x64-full.iso: SUCCESS
                              $

$ shasum -c ‘antiX-23.1_x64-full.iso.sha256’
                              antiX-23.1_x64-full.iso: OK
                              $

$ md5sum -c ‘antiX-23.1_386-full.iso.md5’
                              antiX-23.1_386-full.iso: SUCCESS
                              $

$ shasum -c ‘antiX-23.1_386-full.iso.sha256’
                              antiX-23.1_386-full.iso: OK
                              $

My thanks to all the people who worked so that antiX 23.1 could exist.
                              Thank you very much.

– – – – –

Meus agradecimentos a todas as pessoas que trabalham para que o antiX 23.1 pudesse existir.
                              Muito obrigado.

Forum Admin
                              rokytnji

Yay.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                                I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
                                Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                                How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Brian Masinick

Yay.

Hey @rokytnji this is indeed a very good release and I enjoy it.
                                  For a system that is pretty easy to install and configure,
                                  it’s worth getting, but I can also tell you, since I was running
                                  the pre-final build of antiX 23.1 just before this, the number
                                  of changes between an updated antiX 23.1 and the brand new
                                  image is very little, if any.

Even a good, solid version of antiX 23 runs really well; the
                                  only thing “lacking” in a properly updated system are the couple
                                  of applications that have been added since the primary release
                                  was introduced; that can be “rectified” for those who manually
                                  install specific packages.

Therefore, for those who can install, update, test and run our
                                  latest distribution, it’s certainly very good. However, in your
                                  case, some of your systems aren’t too difficult to configure, so
                                  they’d be good candidates, but others could take a while (unless
                                  you know the quirks so well that you can apply them as part of
                                  the installation and configuration).

As for me on my HP-14, installing antiX 23.1 was a breeze and in
                                  spite of running my PREVIOUS antiX 23.1 instance for a couple of
                                  hours and therefore it was WELL worth it!

Not only that, our recent friend @ProwlerGr kindly put together
                                  a NEW init-diversity build for MX Linux 23.2 and I worked on
                                  it for a few hours. It is another very interesting build BUT
                                  I recommend it ONLY for those who can handle a KDE-based system;
                                  I was able to run it, but I could feel the difference between
                                  our very nimble IceWM build compared to the KDE build; I’ll probably
                                  put IceWM on that system and see if I can get better overall
                                  performance out of it; that should be a “no-brainer”.

Anyway, in spite of all of that, like I said previously, this
                                  was a very generous gift to our two communities and it’s been
                                  a great day for installing, experimenting and testing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 219 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.