antiX-23.1 released

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-23.1 released

• This topic has 218 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Mar 13-5:33 pm by Stรฉphane Ascoรซt.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    stevesr0

Hi anticapitalista,

Those using antiX23 do not need to re-install

So, any new stuff in the point release will percolate to those with antiX23 installed with futures upgrades?

P.S. Am posting from a live usb of the 23.1 release. All looks OK on first look.

Thanks for all the good work by you and contributors.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by stevesr0.
      Brian Masinick

Things like the antixradio and antixtv probably can be obtained

– apt-cache search antixradio
        antixradio – antiX streaming radio receiver GUI for MPV

– acstv – antiX streaming tv receiver
        acstv-doc-translations – antiX streaming tv receiver, translations of documentation files
        acstv-stations – antiX streaming tv receiver international stations lists

We have a few “goodies” packages; if you use synaptic you can search for them,
        and if you’re really good, you can use apt-cache search with a few strings and page
        through them!

For me, both antiX 23 and 23.1 work fine; for my typical every day stuff
        they’re virtually identical, it is only the small number of packages
        that differ; those have to be separately installed in 23 but they ARE
        there in the repo; the determined individual can make any of our recent
        systems virtually identical.

--
        Brian Masinick

olsztyn

So, any new stuff in the point release will percolate to those with antiX23 installed with futures upgrades?

If I am not mistaken, antiX 23.1 and antiX 23 do share the same repo, so complete update of antiX 23 means an update to antiX 23.1 level. However antiX 23.1 edition has added a few packages finalized later, such as listed above by @Brian – antix Radio, antiX TV, Finder…
          These packages can be installed, as @Brian mentioned, if wanted.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
          http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Brian Masinick

Correct. I don’t know the precise list of things that were added. Comparing the package list for each release would provide an accurate list.

--
            Brian Masinick

techore

Thank you!

Looking forward to installing then building.

Mike O’Toole

Congratulations from central NJ, USA!

Today I updated the antiX Wikipedia article.

MX Linux facebook group moderator
                Dell OptiPlex 7050 Intel Core i7-7700 32 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, antiX 23, Windows 11
                Dell Inspiron N7010 Intel Core i5 M 460 8 Gb: MX 23 Xfce, Windows 10
                HP Pavilion p2-1394 Intel Core i3-2120T 8Gb: MX 23 KDE, Windows 10

verdy

Congratulations!
                  I shout “I Thank You” (just like Sam and Dave ^_^)

olsztyn

Congratulations from central NJ, USA!

I also want to add my congrats and thanks from the same area (Central NJ) to the antiX team…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                    http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Xunzi_23

Many thanks to all involved in antiX.
                      anticapitalista for the vision and supervision
                      Very useful Work and new tools from PPC and Robin gets an extra mention.

All others, your work is highly appreciated.

All together you have made antiX the best of the best.

Brian Masinick

Correct. I donโ€™t know the precise list of things that were added. Comparing the package list for each release would provide an accurate list.

BTW, just to confirm what I had previously stated, I installed a few of those “new apps” on another of my existing antiX 23 systems. No surprise, the software was found and added; it’s just not included by default in the former software; some of the tools had not yet been written, same with a few of the community-built new apps.

--
                        Brian Masinick

entropyagent

Yay.

Hear, hear. Congratulations all ’round.

PPC

One thing that I did not pester anticapitalista to include in this latest version was my proposed GUI to manage Conky. I’ll try to make sure it’s bug free (one test user reported strange problems, as usual). With that, antiX Desktop’s look’s and configurability will probably be as good as possible, with the current set up (window manager + file manager + conky).
                            EDIT: I always think that antiX does not really need any more new software, but I keep proving myself wrong all the time, coming up with new scripts that are GUI ways to configure antiX or add some new feature to it. And then there’s stuff like antiX Radio, that comes out of the blue, and Samba manager, etc, adding more and more features to this no longer tiny and “hard to use” OS, that keeps improving while keeping it’s small resources footprint.

P.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by PPC.
                            • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by PPC.
                            Brian Masinick

@PPC if we *miss* anything, just get a package added to our repo and we can install it once it’s tested; then it can get incorporated into a future release, and for those that want it sooner, they can install it; prior to doing that, your faithful friends (not fiends), can help you iron out any issues prior to a proper package added to the repo or a future release!

--
                              Brian Masinick

caprea

Just downloading the 64bit full version.
                                Late to the party, many thanks to anticapitalista and all who have been involved.

j0ta

Thanks all for the effort !
                                  Works great .

Cheers !

โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡งโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡งโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹
                                  โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฝโ€‹ โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹
                                  โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡งโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹
                                  โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡พโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 219 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.