antiX-23-beta1-runit-full (64bit) for testing

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-23-beta1-runit-full (64bit) for testing

• This topic has 404 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated Jul 16-4:42 am by andfree.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

Remove this line – OnlyShowIn=XFCE;
      Then Refresh Menu

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Wallon

Thanks anticapitalista, you are fantastic.
        Now it also appears in the menu > preferences > notification.
        For your information, this is a new JWM theme that I created.

Attachments:
        namida12

Brian what am I doing wrong

green621@antix621:~
          $ pinxi -b
          bash: pinxi: command not found
          green621@antix621:~

Brian Masinick

pinxi is not installed by default.
            If you have not installed it, either use inxi, which is the stable version of the same tool, or run
            wget -0 pinxi smxi.org/pinxi
            to get the development tool pinxi.
            Make sure you put the tool in a place where you can easily manage it.
            For me, rather than put it in /usr/bin or /use/local/bin, I personally create my own personal ~/bin directory and then I have full control without having to use su or sudo every time I change it.
            Also be sure to run chmod +x pinxi

You can read about inxi and pinxi at http://github.com/smxi/inxi

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Brian Masinick.

--
            Brian Masinick

Wallon

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned in the thread regarding the “Personal Menu”.

In the zzz-IceWM desktop, I have a program in the personal menu.
              If I change the desktop, for example zzz-JWM, I have nothing in the personal menu.
              Why is there nothing in the personal menu of JWM?
              If this is normal behaviour, there should not be the line “Personal menu” in the JWM desktop.

Wallon

I know that “apt-notifier” is not on the ISO of antiX 23 but this is just for information.

In the rox-JWM and JWM desktops, I get the notifications.
                In the zzz-JWM desktop, I don’t get the notifications.

Forum Admin
                Dave

@Wallon
                  How did you add an item to the personal menu. Some of the scripts / methods only update the currently running desktop (~/.icewm/personal in most cases) and others attempt to walk through all of the installed desktops and update the menus (~/.icewm/personal, ~/.fluxbox/personal, ~/.jwm/personal, ~/.openbox/personal, etc).

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Wallon

Dear Dave,

In the zzz-icewm desktop,
                    Favorite Applications > Applications > antiX > Personal Menu Editor
                    The window is called « Personal Menu Ultra Fast Manager ».

I have already requested Robin to change the text to English but he has not yet made the changes in Transifex.
                    I had requested to add the word “IceWM” in the menu text to have “IceWM Personal Menu Editor”.
                    This creates a lot of confusion.

Now I understand that the script only works for IceWM and that there will be no menu update for other desktops.

Kind regards,
                    Wallon

ile

Hello Wallon
                      menu Personal Menu
                      all desktops , meaning wm three icewm, fluxbox, jwm.
                      Control Centre >Maintenance >Menu Editor
                      (it calls)
                      /usr/local/bin/menu_manager.sh
                      “sudo menu_manager.sh &”
                      That is antiXcc v 1.0.0

A menu item says personal menu editor it is for only icewm
                      /usr/local/bin/icewm-quick-personal-menu-manager

Robin

I had requested to add the word “IceWM” in the menu text to have “IceWM Personal Menu Editor”.

You had requested to add the word to „antiX workspace manager“, If I recollect correctly. For this script I simply didn’t modify the naming at transifex, since PPC is still working on the integration of routines for JWM into the very script, so then the name change you’ve proposed would be simply wrong.

Now I understand that the script only works for IceWM and that there will be no menu update for other desktops.

Then the menu entry for the „personal menu editor” should be changed according to your proposal. You need to understand the entries at transifex originate basically from the .desktop files the original program authors have provided, so you will probably find all kinds of misleading or strange naming in the non translated English strings. Please feel free to add all the fixings you believe to be necessary directly to the English language „translations” at transifex.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Wallon

Dear Robin,

No I did not request to add the word “IceWM” to “antiX workspace manager”.

See my post 105856. Regarding the “IceWM Personal Menu Editor”.
                          https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/antix-23-desktop-files-new-resource-for-translation-present-on-tranisfex/page/3/#post-105856

Now, if a developer is going to modify the Personal Menu Editor script to work with all desktops, please confirm this for me.

Cordialement,
                          Wallon

Robin

No I did not request to add the word “IceWM” to “antiX workspace manager”.

Sorry, Wallon! I’ve mixed them up from the beginning already obviously. Way to much „managers” around in the menu, all of them sound pretty much the same to me, something in English language 🙂
                            I was perfectly convinced you were talking about the „manager” I was working on at this time, which was the workspace manager. Now, rereading your linked posting, it turns out I was wrong from the very beginning.

Now, if a developer is going to modify the Personal Menu Editor script to work with all desktops, please confirm this

Yes, that would be fine. But in case there is not planned to add the other file managers to the Personal Menu Editor script, it’ll actually need to get the prefix you have proposed in it’s .desktop file.

Yours
                            Robin

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

marcelocripe

Here is a computer that I don’t see every day here in Brazil.

– – – – –

Aqui está um computador que eu não vejo todos os dias aqui no Brasil.

demo@antix1:~
                              $ inxi -zv7
                              System:
                              Kernel: 6.1.18-antix.1-amd64-smp arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc
                              v: 12.2.0 Desktop: IceWM v: 3.3.2 dm: slimski v: 1.5.0
                              Distro: antiX-23-beta1-runit_x64-full Grup Yorum 21 March 2023 base: Debian
                              GNU/Linux bookworm/sid
                              Machine:
                              Type: Desktop Mobo: PCWARE model: APMCP61-D3 v: 7.1
                              serial: <superuser required> BIOS: American Megatrends v: 080015
                              date: 02/10/2011
                              Battery:
                              Message: No system battery data found. Is one present?
                              Memory:
                              RAM: total: 1.68 GiB used: 987.1 MiB (57.5%)
                              RAM Report: permissions: Unable to run dmidecode. Root privileges
                              required.
                              CPU:
                              Info: quad core model: AMD Phenom II X4 820 bits: 64 type: MCP
                              smt: <unsupported> arch: K10 rev: 2 cache: L1: 512 KiB L2: 2 MiB L3: 4 MiB
                              Speed (MHz): avg: 800 min/max: 800/2800 cores: 1: 800 2: 800 3: 800 4: 800
                              bogomips: 22502
                              Flags: 3dnow 3dnowext 3dnowprefetch abm apic clflush cmov cmp_legacy
                              constant_tsc cpuid cr8_legacy cx16 cx8 de extapic extd_apicid fpu fxsr
                              fxsr_opt ht hw_pstate ibs lahf_lm lbrv lm mca mce misalignsse mmx mmxext
                              monitor msr mtrr nonstop_tsc nopl npt nrip_save nx osvw pae pat pdpe1gb
                              pge pni popcnt pse pse36 rdtscp rep_good sep skinit sse sse2 sse4a svm
                              svm_lock syscall tsc vme vmmcall wdt
                              Graphics:
                              Device-1: NVIDIA C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] vendor: Elite Systems
                              driver: nouveau v: kernel arch: Curie ports: active: VGA-1 empty: none
                              bus-ID: 00:0d.0 chip-ID: 10de:03d0 class-ID: 0300
                              Display: server: X.Org v: 1.21.1.7 driver: X: loaded: nouveau
                              unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa alternate: nv dri: nouveau gpu: nouveau
                              display-ID: :0.0 screens: 1
                              Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1024×768 s-dpi: 97 s-size: 269x202mm (10.59×7.95″)
                              s-diag: 336mm (13.24″)
                              Monitor-1: VGA-1 model: Compaq 5500 serial: <filter> res: 1024×768 hz: 60
                              dpi: 98 size: 265x199mm (10.43×7.83″) diag: 350mm (13.8″) modes:
                              max: 800×600 min: 720×400
                              API: OpenGL v: 2.1 Mesa 22.3.3 renderer: NV4C direct-render: Yes
                              Audio:
                              Device-1: NVIDIA MCP61 High Definition Audio vendor: Elite Systems
                              driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:05.0 chip-ID: 10de:03f0
                              class-ID: 0403
                              Sound API: ALSA v: k6.1.18-antix.1-amd64-smp running: yes
                              Network:
                              Device-1: NVIDIA MCP61 Ethernet vendor: Elite Systems type: network bridge
                              driver: forcedeth v: kernel port: e480 bus-ID: 00:07.0 chip-ID: 10de:03ef
                              class-ID: 0680
                              IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
                              IP v4: <filter> scope: global broadcast: <filter>
                              IP v6: <filter> scope: link
                              WAN IP: <filter>
                              Bluetooth:
                              Logical:
                              RAID:
                              Drives:
                              Local Storage: total: 14.65 GiB used: 24.5 MiB (0.2%)
                              ID-1: /dev/sda type: USB model: N/A size: 14.65 GiB type: N/A
                              serial: <filter> rev: 2.00 scheme: MBR
                              Floppy-1: /dev/fd0
                              Partition:
                              ID-1: /live/boot-dev raw-size: 1.56 GiB size: <superuser required>
                              used: <superuser required> fs: N/A dev: /dev/ventoy mapped: ventoy
                              label: N/A uuid: N/A
                              ID-2: /media/VTOYEFI size: 31.9 MiB used: 24.5 MiB (76.9%) fs: vfat
                              dev: /dev/sda2 label: VTOYEFI uuid: 5079-58EC
                              Swap:
                              Alert: No swap data was found.
                              Unmounted:
                              ID-1: /dev/dm-0 size: 1.56 GiB fs: <superuser required> label: N/A uuid: N/A
                              ID-2: /dev/sda1 size: 14.62 GiB fs: exfat label: Ventoy uuid: 4E21-0000
                              USB:
                              Hub-1: 1-0:1 info: Full speed or root hub ports: 10 rev: 2.0 speed: 480 Mb/s
                              chip-ID: 1d6b:0002 class-ID: 0900
                              Device-1: 1-4:3 info: USB Disk 2.0 type: Mass Storage driver: usb-storage
                              interfaces: 1 rev: 2.0 speed: 480 Mb/s power: 100mA chip-ID: ffff:5678
                              class-ID: 0806 serial: <filter>
                              Hub-2: 2-0:1 info: Full speed or root hub ports: 10 rev: 1.1
                              speed: 12 Mb/s chip-ID: 1d6b:0001 class-ID: 0900
                              Device-1: 2-1:2 info: Trust B.V. Optical Mouse type: Mouse
                              driver: hid-generic,usbhid interfaces: 1 rev: 1.1 speed: 1.5 Mb/s
                              power: 100mA chip-ID: 15d9:0a4f class-ID: 0301
                              Sensors:
                              Src: lm-sensors+/sys Message: No sensor data found using /sys/class/hwmon
                              or lm-sensors.
                              Info:
                              Processes: 141 Uptime: 11m wakeups: 2 Init: runit v: N/A runlevel: 2
                              Compilers: gcc: 12.2.0 alt: 12 Packages: pm: dpkg pkgs: 1617 Shell: Bash
                              v: 5.2.15 running-in: roxterm inxi: 3.3.25
                              demo@antix1:~
                              $

mcpderez

In the default.theme file for the default theme, BlueDay-Medium-*, and derivatives such as PrettyPink-*, the property ColorActiveWorkspaceButton is defined twice.

mcpderez@antixair:/usr/share/icewm/themes/BlueDay-Medium
                                $ grep ColorActiveWorkspaceButton= default.theme
                                ColorActiveWorkspaceButton="#4AB3E4"
                                ColorActiveWorkspaceButton="#5294E2"

It’s not the end of the world, but it would be better to clean it up so it doesn’t propagate further as people make more derivatives.

mcpderez

The IceWM preferences file at /usr/share/icewm/preferences is for version 3.3.4, while the preferences file in /etc/skel/.icewm (and thus default for new users in $HOME/.icewm/preferences is for version 1.8.2. Since IceWM in a fully updated antiX-23 system is at 3.3.4, it seems the latter preferences file should be updated.

$ icewm --version
                                  IceWM 3.3.4, Copyright 1997-2012 Marko Macek, 2001 Mathias Hasselmann.
                                  mcpderez@antixair:/usr/share/icewm
                                  $ head -5 preferences
                                  # icewm preferences(3.3.4) - generated by genpref
                                  # This file should be copied to /etc/X11/icewm or $HOME/.icewm/
                                  # NOTE: All settings are commented out by default.
                                  # Be sure to uncomment them if you change them!
                                  mcpderez@antixair:/etc/skel/.icewm
                                  $ head -5 preferences
                                  # icewm preferences(1.8.2) - generated by genpref
                                  # This file should be copied to /etc/X11/icewm or $HOME/.icewm/
                                  # NOTE: All settings are commented out by default.
                                  # Be sure to uncomment them if you change them!
                                  • This reply was modified 1 year ago by mcpderez.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 405 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.