antiX-23-beta1-runit-full (64bit) for testing

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-23-beta1-runit-full (64bit) for testing

• This topic has 404 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated Jul 16-4:42 am by andfree.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

@caprea – it sort of works for me when I install the bullseye debs in the order you posted.
      The issue is that it takes 30 seconds for the app to open.

Trying to build on Debian sid/testing/bookworm produces this error.

dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/cupshelpers" (tried in ., debian/tmp)
      dh_install: warning: python3-cupshelpers missing files: usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/cupshelpers
      dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/cupshelpers-1.0*.egg-info" (tried in ., debian/tmp)
      dh_install: warning: python3-cupshelpers missing files: usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/cupshelpers-1.0*.egg-info
      dh_install: error: missing files, aborting
      make: *** [debian/rules:9: binary] Error 255
      dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2

The same happens when building the original Debian version.
      Seems like it is not possible to build anymore, or the original Debian build was done on bullseye and not sid.
      Or when the package was built on sid, cups-helpers had a different path.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

I tried again and this time system-config-printer opens right away.

@PPC – your bugfix IceWM Manager script still doesn’t fix the send to desktop option.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

PPC

your bugfix IceWM Manager script still doesn’t fix the send to desktop option.

Please re-test. I just tried it again, and it seems to work 100% of the time… Strange! I using the beta live from a usb pendrive, and tested with both the original and the updated system.

P.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by PPC.
          calciumsodium

Should we remove the ndiswrapper options in Control Centre? It is out of date. As I understand it ndiswrapper is no longer available, even in Bullseye.
            Control Centre > Maintenance > Network Assistant > Windows Drivers

Forum Admin
            anticapitalista

your bugfix IceWM Manager script still doesn’t fix the send to desktop option.

Please re-test. I just tried it again, and it seems to work 100% of the time… Strange! I using the beta live from a usb pendrive, and tested with both the original and the updated system.

P.

Yes it does work. Sorry for the noise.

olsztyn

I downloaded from this side,because 1.5.18 nosystemd is only available from there

Thank you @Caprea for finding this latest nosystemd system-config-printer!
                I will now update my install with this latest and greatest…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

fladd

I would also like to draw attention again to the Antix23 default IceWM theme, which misses contrast, making it very difficult (and sometimes impossible) to see what is going on.

Take this photo of my screen, for instance:

1. From the window title bars, it is very difficult to see which window is the active one (the active one has a slightly lighter text colour, but everything else, such as background colour or colour of the buttons, is identical between all title bars)
                  2. From the indicators in the task bar, it is practically impossible to see which is the active window (I think there is technically a difference in font colour, but it is so subtle, that it cannot be seen, only measured, and the background colour also seems to be the same)

Forum Admin
                  anticapitalista

@fladd – so which themes/widgit for IceWM, fluxbox and jwm do you suggest?

PPC

@anticapitalista – you did not ask me, but the FX themes for IceWm were created taking into account these details… The dark one is the most similar to the current default.

Edit: the Adwaita widget theme is similar to the current default, but it reduces the bug with the separator line, when zzzfm has more than one tab open…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by PPC.
                      olsztyn

After that opened system-config-printer from terminal and it worked as expected.Only it gave some gtk deprecated Warnings.

Thanks again @Caprea for finding the latest nosystemd version of system-config-printer…
                        I have installed and it works fine as much as I can tell. The warning message seems from build process as you pointed out but no adverse impact that I can see.

One question though:
                        After installation a mysterious process appears in task manager, named applet.py. It takes over 36M of precious memory. Killing this process does not seem to entail any adverse affect.
                        What is this applet.py process, where is this started and how to disable start of it?

olsztyn

One question though:
                          After installation a mysterious process appears in task manager, named applet.py. It takes over 36M of precious memory. Killing this process does not seem to entail any adverse affect.
                          What is this applet.py process, where is this started and how to disable start of it?

I think I found the source of this process: /usr/share/system-config-printer/applet.py.
                          For the time being (for testing impact) I renamed this applet and this appears to have fixed the memory footprint issue. I am not seeing any adverse problem resulting from removed applet.py process so far. I may have to read the source code to find out what it is supposed to do in the first place…

Forum Admin
                          anticapitalista

Adwaita widget theme makes the control centre ugly IMO

olsztyn

Just my 2 cents on looks:
                              Having inspected clarity and balance I found only two themes are clear enough for me in terms of proportions, clarity of font and balanced background:
                              – Clearlooks as the ‘light’ theme
                              – Obsidian-2 – Beautiful dark theme. antiX dialog boxes look great…

But it is just my taste. Not questioning anyone’s choices. De gustibus non disputandum est…

PPC

I agree. I still prefer the default widget theme: in zzzfm it does offer the 3 dots on the middle, that show where the separator line is (or should be). I was only sharing what I consider to be the second best light option- I use a dark one, usually…

Wallon

Dear Developers,

I have installed antiX 23 (beta) on my brand new SDXC UHS-II card in English. Yes, you read correctly, I did the installation in English_US.

I don’t have the same screens or programs in English and in French.

I have to do a big analysis between the English and French versions.

First example; in English, there is an icon for the bin/trash on the zzz-icewm desktop. There is no such icon in French.

Second example; in English, the program “antiX-Updater”, the right button [“Manual” Update] at the bottom of the window works. In French, it does not work!

What is going on? I can’t have the same options as the others?

This is not fair!
                                  Wallon

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Wallon.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 405 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.