antiX 23 Runit – Enlightened

Forum Forums General Screenshots antiX 23 Runit – Enlightened

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Dec 16-7:38 pm by olsztyn.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    olsztyn

Just to show a sample screenshot of antiX 23 on relatively modest power laptop from 2008.
      CPU – Core2Duo Pre-Sandy 2Ghz
      RAM – 4Gb
      Screen resolution – 1024×768
      Running from external USB hard drive.
      Desktop – Enlightenment E25.
      Seems a perfect synergy of power and low resource requirements.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.
      • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
      http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Forum Admin
      rokytnji

Pretty Hip. 😎

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

PPC

Yes, I tried that a while ago – it works pretty well in antiX 23. It’s not quite as light as the default antiX window managers, but not by much, even on 4GB of RAM the difference is negligible.
          Also… Enlightenment is easily configured to look very nice and has many nice little touches- like animations, etc, if you like that kind of thing…
          The current antiX 23 default, with the compositor, and the configuration options available under IceWM Control Center make IceWM pretty similar in what concerns looks and ease of use… But Enlightenment does have a bit more “visual polish”, by default.
          On the other hand, it uses some very different concepts from what modern users expect

P.

olsztyn

Also… Enlightenment is easily configured to look very nice and has many nice little touches- like animations, etc, if you like that kind of thing…

Yes, indeed… It took me some time to figure out that myriad of desktop configuration options…

On the other hand, it uses some very different concepts from what modern users expect

Yes. From reviews I read it seems users are accustomed to click on ‘Menu’ button or equivalent to display main menu. Here you can left click anywhere on desktop to display main menu or right click to display your favorite apps to run. This users consider unnatural, not something they are accustomed from Windows or most Linux desktops. For me it is better design though.

I have no idea why the snapshot attachment came out fuzzy. It is not fuzzy viewing file with Mirage. Perhaps some attachment size reduction caused it…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
            http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.