AntiX as Virtualbox guest in MX

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions AntiX as Virtualbox guest in MX

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Nov 18-11:20 am by Aetherna.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aleittzaleittz

Hello,
    I am trying to use AntiX as a guest in Virtualbox, MX19 is the host. Virtualbox version is 5.2
    I am having trouble installing the guest additions in AntiX so I can use full screen and copy/paste.
    The usual method I use with other distros is not working, so I am stuck. I can’t seem to mount the guest addition .iso
    so I tried using the command line, installing make, gcc, and linux-headers-$(uname-r) first and manually downloading and installing
    the VBoxLinuxAdditions.run file from the Virtualbox website, and that did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aleittzaleittz

I don’t know what just happened, but I removed the virtualbox vm completely and reinstalled. When I rebooted AntiX I now have full-screen without installing the
    guest additions. How odd.

Edit: I was able to manually mount the .iso for the virtualbox guest additions and run the .run file with ./, after rebooting I still have fullscreen but no
    copy/paste and no access to the shared mounted folder under /media/sf_Download

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by aleittz.
    manyroadsmanyroads

Those functions are settings under “Devices” in VBox.

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    MX-19 kernel: 5.2.21-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- bspwm, hlwm, xfce4

Hello,
    if it is not too late and you have solved your problem with VirtualBox clipboard.

WM (fluxbox, openbox and so on) do not support automatic activation of the clipboard, so even if you have installed Virtualbox additions, clipboard will not work.

After logging to your antiX/fluxbox VM open terminal and run:

VBoxClient –clipboard

now you can instantly copy paste between different VM guests and also VM host

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.