antiX-bullseye-a1-x64-bullseye-full available

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-bullseye-a1-x64-bullseye-full available

• This topic has 210 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Mar 10-2:56 pm by Koo.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    KooKoo

Fixed by adding

DESKTOP_SESSION_CODE=${DESKTOP_SESSION_CODE:-$(head -1 $HOME/.desktop-session/desktop-code.$disp)}
    DESKTOP_SESSION_IM=${DESKTOP_SESSION_IM:-${DESKTOP_SESSION_CODE%-*}}

and changing the case statement variable to
    case $DESKTOP_SESSION_IM in

Changes in gitlab, should make it to the repo some time.
    This was caused by separating desktop-session, desktop-menu, and desktop-defaults to their own packages and making them less dependent on each other.

Is this related to repo testing not working ? The repository ‘https://mirrors.evowise.com/mxlinux-packages/antix/ testing Release’ does not have a Release file.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Confirmed bug of repo-manager (now launched from Control Centre > Software)
    After selecting antix mirror, there are two “//” between antix” and “testing”.
    I am trying to find the reason in the code (starting line 336 in mainwindow.cpp), but I am not proficient enough in C++ to find the reason.

Talking about the repo, should we change it to bullseye repo or keep on the testing repo?

repo-manager is not working correctly in a1 (not a surprise, it is an alpha).

We cannot change antiX repos to bullseye since none of the mirrors have the bullseye repo yet (and won’t have until after the final Debian freeze).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

XecureXecure

We cannot change antiX repos to bullseye since none of the mirrors have the bullseye repo yet (and won’t have until after the final Debian freeze).

Thanks for letting us know. I was exploring repo.antixlinux.com and saw the bullseye folder, so I made assumptions before checking the other mirrors.

repo-manager is not working correctly in a1 (not a surprise, it is an alpha).

I have proposed a fix in the gitlab project, tested it and I think it works.

Is this related to repo testing not working ? The repository ‘https://mirrors.evowise.com/mxlinux-packages/antix/ testing Release’ does not have a Release file.

No, but the further discussion does.

For your case, edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list file manually so that you remove the double “//” for a single “/”, so it looks like this:
    https://mirrors.evowise.com/mxlinux-packages/antix/testing testing nosystemd main nonfree

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Xecure. Reason: fix mirror quote
    KooKoo

No, but the further discussion does.

For your case, edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list file manually so that you remove the double “//” for a single “/”, so it looks like this:
    https://mirrors.evowise.com/mxlinux-packages/antix/testing testing nosystemd main nonfree

Try that a few times already and again this morning still not working even after using repo manager.

I’m about to stop testing alpha anyway as the motherboard is going back for warranty. Desktop

Still have it on my T430 but not really the same.

And yes it does work with this round of new hardware, if you prepared to put some work into it. But new models are just around the corner.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

KooKoo

Maybe keep an eye on this site from MX, for free and non firmware for antiX-21. Talk to Stevo he has done a lot of work here.
    http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/ahs-staging/f/firmware-nonfree/

By the way MX-ahs works just fine with the above machine even the old updated version I had install. But still needed to install Asus-wmi ITE IT8665E modules for sensors.

XecureXecure

Now geany’s icons look the same as before (Thanks, anticapitalista)

Internationalisation – menus, antiX apps

I have been booting the latest snapshot (now there is no ISTRO Name error, thanks) in different languages (UEFI Boot), and menus and most antiX programs seem to be good.
    I have observed a strange phenomenon during the UEFI text menus. If I don’t select the text menus and use the lang=<language-code> boot parameter, the splasht animated bootscreen displays all boot messages in the language I have chosen, but when I pick the language with the text menus, at first it does display translated boot messages, but after the “pick desktop, keep changes” text menu options, it displays the original English boot messages in the tsplash animated screen.

Anyway, this is just during text menu (UEFI boot mode), but it doesn’t change that the system correctly boots using the selected language, user folders are translated, menus are translated, programs are translated, etc.

NOTE: I think others should also test this, so we can isolate the issue from my snapshot. Does the “Refresh menus” work for you? I booted in two different languages and “Refresh Menu” didn’t work for updating the “Applications” submenu to display translated categories. I had to use a sudo desktop-menu –write-out-global to get it to display in another language.

ileile

hello anticapitalista

Not happening with jwm. Not happening with icewm.

There is a behavior between mtpaint and fluxbox.
    Happens on
    mtpaint 3.50-0antix1, fluxbox 1.3.7-1~antix1, antiX sid
    mtpaint 3.50-0antix1, fluxbox 1.3.7-1~antix1, antiX buster
    mtpaint 3.50-0antix1, fluxbox 1.3.5-2+b2, antiX bullseye
    When
    any one of these three windows is on a different workspace than the mtpaint main window,
    the “Palette Editor” window,
    the Filemenu “Actions” window,
    the Filemenu Actionsmenu “Configure File Actions” window

if the window is closed when on a separate workspace
    the result is immediate logout to display manager. Session Lost.
    Even the “<” on the Actions window does this logout.

> if the window is closed when on a separate workspace
    > the result is immediate logout to display manager.

FWIW, I could find no matching bug reports
    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=mtpaint;dist=unstable
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/auto-wjaguar
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtpaint/+bugs
    https://github.com/wjaguar/mtPaint/issues

suggestion: consider culling a few of the fluxbox styles which were present in antiX19
    build-iso ~~ delete-files.list
    usr/share/fluxbox/styles/Blackwhite
    usr/share/fluxbox/styles/Blackwhite-Medium
    usr/share/fluxbox/styles/BlueFlux
    usr/share/fluxbox/styles/BlueFlux-Medium

On antiX17, the fluxbox style Blackwhite renders fine but on antiX19 it wound up having gray-on-white poor contrast (might be the result of the active/default desktop font)

The BlueFlux style, to my eyes is very difficult to read due to insufficient foreground/background contrast.

KooKoo

I have sound with waterfox now installed waterfox-current-kpe. And also test repo been working just fine again. Thanks

Would it be possible to make ~/bin one of the default directories that gets created and include it in the default path?

christophechristophe

I see in .profile that ~/bin and ~/.local/bin gets accommodated into the path, if they exist. Looks like this is already set, but leaves it up to local policy as to which/any/both/none is included?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by christophe.

ouch, that’s really non-secure!
    Yes, the mechanism is, already, in place
    and the instruction within .profile PREPENDS, gives precedence to, ~/.local/bin

to see the result:
    mkdir ~/.local/bin
    then launch a terminal emulator and type
    bash -l && echo $PATH

Toward understanding the significance of this, consider:

BadMe coerces you to run my program. My program has lines buried within it which will:
    mkdir ~/.local/leafpad (in case it does not already exist)
    touch ~/.local/bin/leafpad && chmod +x ~/.local/bin/leafpad
    echo -e “cd / && rm -rf” > ~/.local/bin/leafpad

Upon your next attempted launch of leafpad, wave byebye (and you’ll never know what hit ya.)

safer
    within ~/.profile

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
    if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$PATH:$HOME/bin"
    fi
    userzerouserzero

Slim doesn’t read ~/.profile,

if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
    fi

if [ -d "$HOME/.local/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH"
    fi
    >_ echo $PATH
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/sbin:/usr/sbin

“[…]but leaves it up to local policy as to which/any/both/none is included?[…]”

Help, how to set PATH?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by userzero.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.