antiX-bullseye-a1-x64-bullseye-full available

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-bullseye-a1-x64-bullseye-full available

• This topic has 210 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Mar 10-2:56 pm by Koo.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    XecureXecure

Sounds like the PATH envvar is being blanked/suppressed when the .desktop-session/startup child is called, right? This (mis)behavior you’re observing is something new, indicative of a bug/regression, right?

I think so. I remember testing the autoscale-antix running from startup in a VM with antiX 19 and the script worked (even launching the original yad gui asking to enable the service). That machine is now gone, but I will set a new one again with antiX 19.3 and test if this time the “service: command not found” error also pops up or if it doesn’t (leading to your guess).

EDIT: Not a regression. same error “service: command not found”, so this is the normal behavior.
    (also, “crypsetup: command not found” is also present on antiX 19.3 x64 full from VM)

I will pay more attention in the future when creating scripts that need to launch from the startup file.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Xecure.

I believe anti told me the autoscale-antix message came up when he ran it from a terminal in a VM. I don’t normally use a VM, so hadn’t tested the VM code that was added.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I downloaded the Alpha Testing image today and initially copied it to a Ventoy container of ISO images.

I booted from the Ventoy container and it came up as usual.

I connected to the WiFi using Connman.

I can’t remember if it was the live instance or the subsequently installed instance, but I did have to fiddle with making the WiFi connection functionality work.

I believe that I was successful by going into /etc.rc3.d directory, stopping and starting the Connman routine, and then it worked as expected.

I did not have any other issues once the network started. Both the live and installed systems work fine once network manager is running.

All is well and the system works.

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin
    DaveDave

More bugs:
    * /usr/local/bin/desktop-session-wallpaper: line 109: say: command not found

The error is because I have commented out the import of lib-desktop-session.sh. Will fix.
    However that line should not be triggered as it suggests a bad option in the configuration file. Could you post the ~/.desktop-session/wallpaper.conf file / a tarball of the ~/.desktop-session directory or is this using the standard fresh install config? This is also likely the cause of the grey behind conky due to the wallpaper script defaulting to use xset –solid background colour.

Edit: Should be fixed in latest gitlab

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Dave.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

notes to self mostly:

update ddm-mx (nvidia-installer) with “bullseye” repos at some point. pulling from the currently configured repos *should* work (I think).

check into why codecs installer doesn’t work (probably because deb multi is not pointed at correctly just yet)

when using set-dpi under icewm, control center becomes, dissociated with anything when the session restarts. clicking buttons in the control center fails to launch apps, but a restart of control center clears that up.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by dolphin_oracle.

@Xecure, I fixed the glitches in the new IceWM themes and sent the new files to anti

XecureXecure

@Dave
    The error only pops up on live default from ISO (anticapitalista says it should no longer pop up on the next alpha). After changing the wallpaper with wallpaper script, the error no longer pops up, so it was most probably related to what anticapitalista described:

* Conky shows a greyish background – fixed by re enabling the wallpaper via wallpaper app. This should not be needed as this is a regression from antiX-19 default behaviour.

On a live USB + Persistence on VM (after fixing the “gray conky issue” (with wallpaper app), only the “service: command not found” error and “cryptsetup: command not found” error pop up in the desktop-session log.

@dolphin_oracle
    Control Centre has always (since I tested on antiX 17) had the issue just after changing DPI. I assume it is related to gtkdialog.

@BobC. Great

@anticapitalista
    An small thing I experienced before on UEFI boot but forgot to report about.
    On the grub.cfg, defaults are loaded after setting some options, and so the options are overwritten. If defaults.cfg loads first, then the new options in grub.cfg will correctly overwrite the default options (as that is desired.
    What I mean is to edit /live/boot-dev/boot/grub/grub.cf changing the order, so it looks like:

#------------------------------------------------------------------
    # file: /boot/grub/grub.cfg for the Live version of antiX
    #
    # This file can get updated automatically on a LiveUSB via the save
    # feature in the text menus.  It is possible to break these updates
    # by editing this file.
    #------------------------------------------------------------------

# load defaults
    #
    if [ -s $prefix/config/defaults.cfg ]; then
    source $prefix/config/defaults.cfg
    fi

# search --no-floppy --set=root --fs-uuid %UUID%
    set timeout=60
    set gfxmode=1024x768
    set gfxpayload="2048x2048;2048x1280;2048x1080;1920x1080;1680x1050;1600x900;1600x1200;1600x1050;1500x1000;1440x960;1440x900;1368x912;1366x768;1280x800;1280x720;1280x1024;1200x800;1024x768;auto"

set default=1

This way, setting the timeout manually will really take effect, instead of having to edit defaults.cfg to accomplish this.
    It is something small, and not really a bug, but I think this is a good time to let it be known.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

@dolphin_oracle
    Control Centre has always (since I tested on antiX 17) had the issue just after changing DPI. I assume it is related to gtkdialog.

ah, I never noticed that before, thank you.

Forum Admin
    DaveDave

Sounds like the PATH envvar is being blanked/suppressed when the .desktop-session/startup child is called, right? This (mis)behavior you’re observing is something new, indicative of a bug/regression, right?

I think so. I remember testing the autoscale-antix running from startup in a VM with antiX 19 and the script worked (even launching the original yad gui asking to enable the service). That machine is now gone, but I will set a new one again with antiX 19.3 and test if this time the “service: command not found” error also pops up or if it doesn’t (leading to your guess).

EDIT: Not a regression. same error “service: command not found”, so this is the normal behavior.
    (also, “crypsetup: command not found” is also present on antiX 19.3 x64 full from VM)

I will pay more attention in the future when creating scripts that need to launch from the startup file.

I have not verified. My initial thought (guess?) is that the path is not set as “expected” because it is using the path from slim and not from ~/.bashrc.
    IIRC there is in /etc/slim.conf there is a default_path= variable that is used to set this.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

grep path /etc/slim.conf
    I checked and the default_path string appears unchanged, compared to antiX19

During the PAM authentication conversation, SLiM uses a getpwnam system call to retrieve stringname of the shell associated with a user’s account. If the return is null, SLiM falls back to calling getusershell which consults /etc/shells

IDK whether debian PAM implementation consults /etc/login.defs
    grep ENV_PATH /etc/login.defs
    but the pathstring mentioned there also appears to be unchaged, compared to antiX19

The new network connect script needs the sleep before xdotool to be higher than 1. 1 works on my I7, but on the D620 it was too quick and was missed. I changed it to 2.

ileile

from live-session a1

System:
      Host: antix1 Kernel: 4.9.240-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 
      compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 dm: SLiM 
      Distro: antiX-bullseye-a1_x64-full Grup Yorum 3 January 2021 
      base: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid 
    Machine:
      Type: Laptop System: Acer product: Aspire E5-571 v: V1.04 
      serial: <root required> Chassis: type: 10 serial: <root required> 
      Mobo: Acer model: EA50_HB v: V1.04 serial: <root required> UEFI: Insyde 
      v: 1.04 date: 05/06/2014 
    Battery:
      ID-1: BAT1 charge: 49.5 Wh condition: 49.5/55.9 Wh (88%) volts: 12.9/11.1 
      model: SANYO 0032334134314C41 serial: 0000 status: Full 
    CPU:
      Dual Core: Intel Core i3-4030U type: MT MCP arch: Haswell speed: 874 MHz 
      min/max: 800/1900 MHz 
    Graphics:
      Device-1: Intel Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics 
      vendor: Acer Incorporated ALI driver: N/A bus ID: 00:02.0 
      chip ID: 8086:0a16 
      Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: none unloaded: fbdev 
      resolution: 1366x768~N/A 
      OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 11.0.0 256 bits) v: 4.5 Mesa 20.2.6 
      compat-v: 3.1 direct render: Yes 
    Network:
      Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
      vendor: Acer Incorporated ALI driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: 3000 
      bus ID: 01:00.1 chip ID: 10ec:8168 
      Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter 
      vendor: Lite-On driver: ath9k v: kernel port: 3000 bus ID: 02:00.0 
      chip ID: 168c:0036 
      Device-3: Lite-On Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb 
      bus ID: 2-5:5 chip ID: 04ca:300b 
    Drives:
      Local Storage: total: 473.03 GiB used: 1.22 GiB (0.3%) 
    Info:
      Processes: 160 Uptime: 7m Memory: 7.76 GiB used: 242.0 MiB (3.0%) 
      Init: SysVinit v: 2.96 runlevel: 5 default: 5 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.1 
      alt: 10 Shell: bash v: 5.1.0 running in: roxterm inxi: 3.0.36 
    demo@antix1:~

ileile

hello anticapitalista

System:
      Host: 8440p Kernel: 4.9.240-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 
      compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 dm: SLiM 
      Distro: antiX-bullseye-a1_x64-full Grup Yorum 3 January 2021 
      base: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid 
    Machine:
      Type: Desktop System: HP-Pavilion product: AY022AA-ABA p6330f v: N/A 
      serial: <root required> Chassis: Hewlett-Packard type: 3 
      serial: <root required> 
      Mobo: MSI model: IONA v: 1.0 serial: <root required> 
      BIOS: American Megatrends v: 5.15 date: 06/25/2010 
    CPU:
      Dual Core: Intel Core i3 530 type: MT MCP arch: Nehalem speed: 1200 MHz 
      min/max: 1200/2933 MHz 
    Graphics:
      Device-1: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics vendor: Hewlett-Packard 
      driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:0042 
      Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: intel 
      resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
      OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics (ILK) v: 2.1 Mesa 20.2.6 
      direct render: Yes 
    Network:
      Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
      vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d800 
      bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8168 
    Drives:
      Local Storage: total: 1.85 TiB used: 12.39 GiB (0.7%) 
    Info:
      Processes: 194 Uptime: 31m Memory: 7.67 GiB used: 479.1 MiB (6.1%) 
      Init: SysVinit v: 2.96 runlevel: 5 default: 5 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.1 
      alt: 10 Shell: bash v: 5.1.0 running in: roxterm inxi: 3.0.36 
    blzIherea1@8440p:~

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Downloaded and sha256 check summed the A1 iso. On live dvd first boot the connman
    popped up and I had to turn the wifi off then back on to get it to work and it connected
    my BCM4312 no problems.

I had to still hit refresh menu to display the applications correctly on live.
    menuscreenshot.jpg
    next did full install to sdd
    I next used
    menu --> applications --> antiX --> antiX updater
    and worked perfect. used
    menu --> applications --> system --> package installer
    to install the 5.8.16 kernel which fixes
    long X startup delay on this laptop with the linux 4 series. posted shots
    of inxi from each kernel. the live and the installed on a dell d830 laptop.
    from it. great work on the new apps and scripts everyone.
    Haven’t dug around much further but nothing noticed that hasn’t been mentioned already.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added shots and edited

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

XecureXecure

Just in case others haven’t seen it, here are some things anticapitalista would like tested:

blueman (64 bits only)- Graphical bluetooth manager (first purge policykit-1 before testing) – Feedback here

modem-manager-gui (64 bits only – also install modem-manager-gui-help )- Graphical interface for mobile 3G/4G connection (It can send, receive and store SMS messages, send USSD requests and read answers in GSM7 and UCS2 formats, and scan for available mobile networks.) First purge policykit-1 before installing and testing – Feedback here

xserver-xorg-video-sis671 (64 bits, but available in 32 bits also)- xorg graphics driver for SIS chipsets (should work on both antiX 19 and bullseye alpha) – Feedback here

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Xecure. Reason: Added proper links to all files
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.