antiX-bullseye-a2-runit_x64-full.iso available

Forum Forums antiX-development Development antiX-bullseye-a2-runit_x64-full.iso available

• This topic has 59 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated Apr 14-1:46 am by calciumsodium.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

@xinomilo – how much RAM do you have set for qemu/kvm? The author of the installer noticed that encryption fails on less than approx. 768MB-1GB of RAM.
    Do you have the minstall.conf file in /var/log?

Also which kernel did you boot?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

xinomiloxinomilo

1200MB allocated ram when installed. chose default boot option at grub prompt, uname shows 5.10.22-antix.1
    minstall.log : https://files.espiv.net/r/nkyBBaCHmq#TGe4kC4j/g4F8RAbscIqj/g4hBzi/vGmqfYbofYWe0U=

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by xinomilo. Reason: +kernel
    xinomiloxinomilo

another minor issue with antix-cli-cc from installed system :
    antix-cli-cc -> choosing “Audio/Image menu” makes the whole antix-cli-cc stuck. can only ctrl-c to stop & exit it.. doing nothing, just stuck there, with cpu fan turning faster untill forced stop..
    also “system info” menu option, doesn’t seem to perform anything.

thx!

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

@xinomilo – Thanks.
    I think I know what is causing the encryption issue (not the installer, but a faulty runit script).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I’m running into issues with adding packages, especially browsers with the package installer in a2, didn’t notice it earlier. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Usually I can install packages but today only one, Google Chrome, installed with the package installer.

Brian Masinick

package installer in a2

In previous release testing topics, I have mentioned that the packageinstaller should not be used with the alpha//beta release candidates. I also explained why so ~~ search prior posts to read the details.

In a nutshell, lookit:

grep -inr buster /usr/share/packageinstaller-pkglist |wc -l
    ^—v

Any of these 380 “available” packages risk introducing breakage, as they are either drawn from debian buster, or debian buster-backports, or MX 19(buster) repositories.

The packageinstaller could be, and IMO should be, omitted from the a//b ISO… and to handle the case in which user has installed it manually (or has attempted to “dist-upgrade to” the a//b release), should be patched to sniff /etc/os-release (or lsb-release, or initrd-release) and refuse to run if a TBD substring is present. I don’t have a suggestion as to what the releasename substring or suffix would be. The antiX/MX devs can, collectively, choose a naming convention and ask Adrian to implement the safety sanity check.

edited to add:

patched to sniff /etc/os-release
    Instead of parsing the namestring, build-iso could place a flagfile, e.g. /etc/non-final-release
    and

QFile Fout("/etc/non-final-release");
        if(!Fout.exists()) {
            qDebug() << "unseen unless user has launched from commandline, eh";
            exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by skidoo.
    KooKoo

The repos are working now.
    One thing (choose startup services) just flashes on screen then closes.

This is my last post on alpha bullseye moving in a new direction.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

I can obtain web browsers either by downloading them directly from their web sites or by adding repository references.

Since I can use my own private versions I will do that unless another stable alternative is available for the tools that I prefer to use.

Brian Masinick

AND ? Getting a Macbook

KooKoo

@LikkMii

AND ? Getting a Macbook

lmao no not a macbook moved back to Arch. Will still keep a copy of 9.2.1 going as a snapshot have no interest in going forward with Debian. By the time bullseye is released it will already be a year behind.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

I can obtain web browsers either by downloading them directly from their web sites or by adding repository references.

Since I can use my own private versions I will do that unless another stable alternative is available for the tools that I prefer to use.

My personally downloaded web browsers are working fine now. Hopefully some more stable conventions and methods will be in place by release time, otherwise the release will need ample web browser packages in the repository and we can install them from .deb packages.

Brian Masinick

TOR, Ungoogled Chromium, LibreWolf, Firefox 87 (deb from SID running fine).

Live stick alpha2.
    running on fujitsu Esprimo Core 2 DUO saved from tip a couple of days ago.
    Owner fitted unmatched memory modules and decided it was junk. Put in HDD and a DVD RW.
    Nice machine for everday user if it proves reliable.

Bullseye a2 runit, both installed to HDD and running live.

Never ending network and disk activity every approx 3 seconds.
    That is DOS alarm frequency for a single IP adress on many servers
    so a serious issue. Also not good for HDD or USB stick either.

This reminds me of known problem with connmann searching for NTP servers.
    In 19.3 setting fallgback servers in etc/connmann/config quietened the network.
    This is not working for me on this iteration.

I see in top runsv runsvdir usbsto+ involved, but lack of deeper knowledge does
    not allow me to confirm if the culprit is yet again connmann.

For the sake of my HDD I will not run the installed version any longer until we
    can figure out how to fix the issue.
    @present More than 28000 network requests and disk activations on an idle system in 24 Hours !!!.

XecureXecure

Hi.

I am trying to figure out connman problems in runnit edition reported by Moddit, and I want to compare network activity with ceni, but I don’t know how to switch. resolvconf is not installed and there are not init scripts for runit to start resolvconf.
    Also, how do I check all services running?
    service --status-all
    breaks the session and logs me out.

I don’t know how to move around in runit at all. Sorry for all stress and impatience responses I may cause.

Codecs Installer from menu entry fails at 10%.

Error message can not connect to download site.

Looks like the package installer is also failing to install codec packages
    terminal window disappears so Fast I am unable to see any messages.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 10 hours ago by ModdIt.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.