antiX-bullseye-beta1 iso files available. 64 bit only

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-bullseye-beta1 iso files available. 64 bit only

Tagged: 

• This topic has 175 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Sep 17-11:33 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Regarding the different kernels that is precisely why antiX offers 4.4, 4.19…
    As well as more current kernels.

In addition to the kernels that we offer directly there are also Debian kernels, Liquorix kernels and custom kernels at kernel.org.

These last few options are for those who experiment on their own. The distribution supports what comes with the system.

Brian Masinick

ile
    Helpful
    Up
    grub2-common:
      Installed: 2.04-20
      Candidate: 2.04-20
      Version table:
     *** 2.04-20 500
            500 http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    b1here@8440p:~
    $ inxi -xx -S
    System:
      Host: 8440p Kernel: 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 
      compiler: N/A Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 dm: SLiM 
      Distro: antiX-bullseye-b1_x64-full Grup Yorum 11 June 2021 
      base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

ile
    Helpful
    Up

how about not (?) crossing borders?: reading about mobius strip is the example of the ant walking along the edge of the mobius strip, forever. The three arrows of the recycle symbol is a mobius strip; antiX keeping hardware in use, keeping it from crossing into the ewaste pile.
    I can draw a mobius strip in pinta! That is a big-deal, because I am not good at drawing on the computer drawing applications.

hello anticapitalista
    The 8440p machine here has had trouble with alpha,beta1 wifi. it turns off and on, off, on … regularity,
    until today.
    Maybe it was today’s firmware upgrade for iwlwifi that seemed to much improve wifi on the 8440p.
    it has not dropped wifi since upgrading the iwlwifi firmware today.
    On the machine was removed cmst and installed connman-gtk. I have not had to look at connman-gtk. it just hooks up automatically. i used ceni to download the c-gtk package, yes it kept dropping networking even with ceni, shutdown and turned back on… instead of ceni the connman had taken charge and the network was connected. for the past thirty hours it still dropped and connected, off, on, less frequently, but still happening. now the iwlwifi upgrade seems to have had impact. networking has not turned off since that iwlwifi upgrade. was that fixed it?
    testing it by downloading mx-beta only twenty-nine hours more of downloading to go.
    i have one ethernet downloading and one iwlwifi downloading, that can compare the pace of the wifi. equal for the past hour.
    I had gone to upgrade the kernel to see if it would have impact on this networking deficiency, when the iwlwifi was offered. instead of changing kernel i installed the firmware upgrade. now i do not want to upgrade the kernel , because i wish to maintain this successful networking for now.
    antiXb1_full_64, kernel 5.10.27-antiX, intel centrino Advanced-N 6200 , iwlwifi, connman.

So this went from dropping network every fifteen seconds to now working. it may have been the iwlwifi upgrade to 20210315-3.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks ile – you could install the new kernel and see if it all still works ok – the old kernel does not get overwritten (unlike on Debian/MX Linux for example).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

ile
    Helpful
    Up

libgssapi-krb5-2 (1.18.3-5) to 1.18.3-6
    libk5crypto3 (1.18.3-5) to 1.18.3-6
    libkrb5-3 (1.18.3-5) to 1.18.3-6
    libkrb5support0 (1.18.3-5) to 1.18.3-6
    libnftables1 (0.9.8-3) to 0.9.8-3.1
    nftables (0.9.8-3) to 0.9.8-3.1

okay. will do.
    to be fair ; this is the other upgrades that came same time as firmware iwlwifi installed. maybe it was one of these other packages(?) i may have jumped to a wrong conclusion(?)
    I will go back to defaults with these new upgrades to test. (because of the deviation with connman-gtk) , will with new kernel test, after the download finishes. (right now it has not dropped the connection and wifi is ahead of eth0 in the race to download mx21.reporting twelve hours to go.)

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

I have been using connman with resolvconf, and been studying how to make it so it works out of the box with antiX 21.

The first thing we need is:
    The file /etc/default/connman containing:

CONNMAN_RUNSTATEDIR_RESOLVCONF="no";
    DAEMON_OPTS="--nodnsproxy";
    OPTS="--nodnsproxy";

For the runit version, we only need to edit /etc/sv/connman/run script and add at the top (below the #!/bin/sh line)
    . /etc/default/connman

and that will source the file we created above to use the “nodnsproxy” connman option when starting connman.

For the sysvinit release, we need a patch to connman’s init. I have submitted the fix to Debian, but I don’t expect it to appear until after bullseye’s release, if at all.
    Here is the source with the patch already prepared: https://gitlab.com/nXecure/connman/

this will fix the typo in the /etc/init.d/connman file where the CONNMAN_RUNSTATEDIR_RESOLVCONF check is incorrect. It should look like:

if [ "$CONNMAN_RUNSTATEDIR_RESOLVCONF" != "no" ] ; then

That is it. This will make it much easier to switch between connman and ceni, without having to play with the /etc/resolv.conf symlink each time. This should also help on antiX 19.X.

My tests:
    – If running connman, disconnect and remove the saved wireless configuration in cmst, stop connman (or stop wpasupplicant). then run ceni, and save the connection. After rebooting, even if connman is still running, the connection configured with ceni will work properly.
    – If my wireless settings was configured with ceni, I launch ceni to remove the wlanX configuration. I then run cmst and disable/re-enable the wifi option/switch. Re-scan and connect to my wireless access point. That is it. On next reboot, connman will auto-connect to my wireless access point.

There is no need anymore for the antix-wifi-switch, at least with these simple tests. Connman and resolvconf can live as brothers, running on the same computer at the same time. Connman will no longer compete to control /etc/resolv.conf and will embrace resolvconf’s configuration.

If someone is extremely happy with connman and also wants to use it to manage resolv dns, then they just need to edit the /etc/default/connman file (or remove it), and connman will again default to managing dns, ignoring what resolvconf tries to do.

anticapitalista has set it so that there is no longer a need for changing the /etc/resolv.conf symlink, but when connman is managing the resolv.conf file, we need to stop connman and restart the resolvconf service, so it again takes control of the resolv.conf file. With the proposed change, connman will NEVER touch resolv.conf except if the user enables such an option.

My proposition is to inject this /etc/default/connman file during the build-iso process, so that it works out of the box in antiX-21 (and the small change in runit connman service run file), and the connman patch or init connman script. I can also compile and build the new version of connman for buster/bullseye 32 and 64 bits if asked to (I just need a bit of time).

Let me know if you think this proposition has value and could be included in antiX-21.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Xecure.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

xtrx745
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Skidoo, restarting fluxbox after a theme change gets it loooking as intended.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by xtrx745.
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I installed to the hard drive on my Alien M14, and upgraded to most current code. The only change I made was to run the IceWM desktop and change the preferred file manager to SpaceFM. What’s unusual is that SpaceFM seems to pop up a new window on its own now and then. For example, I put in a USB and instead of SpaceFM opening a window, it opened 2 windows.

PS: I put the same USB (the runit boot one) back in again, and this time only one SpaceFM window opened. This isn’t a major issue. I wonder if I need to change something in the configuration as a result of changing the preferred file manager?

PSS: I was able to migrate my entire modified Sysvint antiX 19.4 main system to the antiX 21b1 Runit tonight. All working well so far. I loaded it to my Alien laptop as a way to test the runit platform and my migration strategy/systems.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    namida12
    Helpful
    Up

Late to the game: Running Live Media – runit appears/seems to boot quickly in Ryzen 5 3400G…

$ inxi -Fxz
    System: Host: antix1 Kernel: 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A Desktop: IceWM 2.4.0
    Distro: antiX-bullseye-b1-runit_x64-full Grup Yorum 10 June 2021 base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: B450M Pro4 serial: <filter> UEFI [Legacy]: American Megatrends v: P3.90
    date: 12/09/2019
    CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen+ rev: 1
    L2 cache: 2048 KiB
    flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 59092
    Speed: 3547 MHz min/max: 1400/3700 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2936 2: 3063 3: 3061 4: 3069 5: 1683 6: 3055 7: 3058
    8: 3059
    Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Picasso driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus ID: 07:00.0
    Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 2560×1440~60Hz
    OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon Vega 11 Graphics (RAVEN DRM 3.40.0 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp LLVM 11.0.1)
    v: 4.6 Mesa 20.3.4 direct render: Yes
    Audio: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
    bus ID: 07:00.1
    Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 17h HD Audio vendor: ASRock driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
    bus ID: 07:00.6
    Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp
    Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 03:00.0
    IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
    Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: ASRock driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000
    bus ID: 04:00.0
    IF: eth1 state: down mac: <filter>
    Drives: Local Storage: total: 600.18 GiB used: 8.51 GiB (1.4%)
    ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Western Digital model: WDS500G3XHC-00SJG0 size: 465.76 GiB
    ID-2: /dev/sda type: USB vendor: SanDisk model: Cruzer U size: 14.91 GiB
    ID-3: /dev/sdb type: USB vendor: Samsung model: Flash Drive size: 119.51 GiB
    Partition: ID-1: / size: 10.79 GiB used: 1.28 GiB (11.9%) fs: overlay source: ERR-102
    ID-2: swap-1 size: 8.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/nvme0n1p3
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 46.9 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 46 C
    Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
    Info: Processes: 239 Uptime: 20h 48m Memory: 13.59 GiB used: 1.58 GiB (11.6%) Init: runit runlevel: 2 Compilers:
    gcc: 10.2.1 Shell: bash v: 5.1.4 inxi: 3.0.36
    demo@antix1:~

$ inxi -Fxz
    System: Host: antix1 Kernel: 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A Desktop: IceWM 2.4.0
    Distro: antiX-bullseye-b1_x64-full Grup Yorum 11 June 2021 base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: B450M Pro4 serial: <filter> UEFI [Legacy]: American Megatrends v: P3.50
    date: 07/18/2019
    CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Zen+ rev: 1
    L2 cache: 2048 KiB
    flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 28745
    Speed: 2378 MHz min/max: 1400/3600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2950 2: 2934 3: 2950 4: 2949
    Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Picasso driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus ID: 07:00.0
    Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920×1080~60Hz
    OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (RAVEN DRM 3.40.0 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp LLVM 11.0.1)
    v: 4.6 Mesa 20.3.4 direct render: Yes
    Audio: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
    bus ID: 07:00.1
    Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 17h HD Audio vendor: ASRock driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
    bus ID: 07:00.6
    Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp
    Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: ASRock driver: r8169 v: kernel port: f000
    bus ID: 04:00.0
    Drives: Local Storage: total: 461.59 GiB used: 1.42 GiB (0.3%)
    ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Corsair model: Force MP510 size: 447.13 GiB
    ID-2: /dev/sda type: USB vendor: PNY model: USB 2.0 FD size: 14.46 GiB
    Partition: ID-1: / size: 4.51 GiB used: 2.7 MiB (0.1%) fs: overlay source: ERR-102
    ID-2: swap-1 size: 4.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 42.0 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 42 C
    Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
    Info: Processes: 173 Uptime: 2m Memory: 5.73 GiB used: 251.8 MiB (4.3%) Init: SysVinit runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.1
    Shell: bash v: 5.1.4 inxi: 3.0.36
    demo@antix1:~

Can boot both versions in these two separate AMD systems. Very nice to be able to choose the kernels on boot my complements to every one working to develop this bullseye-b1 testing…

Tried update on live runit 2 packages did not install. 2nd try with synaptic the 2 packages installed
    Upgraded the following packages:
    desktop-defaults-rox-antix (0.6.4) to 0.6.5
    desktop-defaults-spacefm-antix (0.4.1) to 0.4.2

JR

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by namida12. Reason: adding second system info
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by namida12.
    andyprough
    Helpful
    Up

I tried the runit version tonight. I’m always amazed at how fast antiX runit is when I haven’t been using it for awhile. It’s a bit jarring. Maybe you should slow it down so you don’t give the users a heart attack. Add the Gnome desktop or something super bloaty to it.

Wallon
    Helpful
    Up

Dear All,

I have some annoying things with my new installation with two screens/monitors in antiX 21.

I’m a translator for antiX and MX Linux. For my personal comfort, I bought and installed a second 75hz display-port monitor.
    I asked for help on the MX Linux forum to get my new installation (one 60hz HDMI screen and one 75hz display-port screen) working because the ArandR and Display softwares were not working properly.

As usual, I used a Live usb key (Windows 10 + Rufus), I chose the Space-IceWM environment on the Live key and I did the installation on another USB3 key by saving the settings of my Live USB key. I did the whole installation in French with Linux kernel 5.

I did the installation on antiX 21 with the ArandR software. I saved the settings in the file /home/Wallon/.screenlayout/default.sh.
    Here it is the code of my default.sh file.
    I’m not sure if my screen on the display-port is set to 75hz because in the info full details report, there is no mention of the refresh rate for this screen.

1) If you see something wrong in this file, please tell me ?

#!/bin/sh
    xrandr --output DVI-I-0 --off --output DVI-I-1 --off --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 1920x0 --rotate normal --output DP-0 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --rate 75 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output DP-1 --off --output DP-2 --off --output DP-3 --off --output DP-4 --off --output DP-5 --off

2) If I automatically launch in full screen these programs for example;
    – LibreOffice,
    – Firefox ESR,
    – SpaceFm,
    – Geany,
    I can’t drag and drop the software window from one screen to the other?

I found a rather cumbersome procedure to move a window from one screen to another.
    a) Alt + F5 (Restore)
    b) With the mouse, click on the blue bar above the screen, hold the click and drag to the other screen
    c) Alt + F10 (Maximize)

3) Please see the screenshot attached to my message.
    When I do a printscreen of either the left or right screen (pointed with my mouse), antiX merges the image of my 2 screens.
    How can I make a full printscreen of one screen without going through a window selection?

I would like a choice like for example;
    Do you want a printscreen:
    a) Left screen,
    b) Right screen,
    c) Merge both screens?

4) How to have the taskbar below on both screens?

5) I recall that I did the installation by choosing Space-IceWM.
    If I change the desktop environment for example Space-Fluxbox, I lose a screen ! I have to restart my desktop to get my 2 Space-IceWM screens back.
    If I change the desktop environment for example Rox-IceWm, I lose a screen ! I have to reboot my desktop to find my 2 Space-IceWM screens.
    In short, I can’t change my desktop environment. It seems that ArandR is not automatically reactivated. I say that, I say nothing, it’s perhaps another software which must be reactivated to recover my 2 screens.

6) Don’t ask me to test with the Linux kernel 4 because my NVIDIA driver doesn’t work as usual. I would have to do a full install with kernel 4 and install the driver on that kernel.

Best regards,
    Wallon

System:    Kernel: 5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 
               parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp 
               root=UUID=1d7606f5-9ae7-468e-a9c9-020aea14423a ro quiet 
               Desktop: IceWM 2.6.0 vt: 7 dm: SLiM 1.3.6 
               Distro: antiX-bullseye-b1_x64-full Grup Yorum 11 June 2021 
               base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) 
    Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: MSI model: H170M PRO-VDH (MS-7982) v: 1.0 serial: <filter> 
               UEFI-[Legacy]: American Megatrends v: 2.A0 date: 07/27/2016 
    Battery:   Message: No system battery data found. Is one present? 
    Memory:    RAM: total: 15.58 GiB used: 1.25 GiB (8.0%) 
               RAM Report: permissions: Unable to run dmidecode. Root privileges required. 
    PCI Slots: Permissions: Unable to run dmidecode. Root privileges required. 
    CPU:       Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-6400 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Skylake-S family: 6 
               model-id: 5E (94) stepping: 3 microcode: EA cache: L2: 6 MiB bogomips: 21599 
               Speed: 3254 MHz min/max: 800/3300 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3254 2: 3243 3: 3245 
               4: 3296 
               Flags: 3dnowprefetch abm acpi adx aes aperfmperf apic arat arch_perfmon art avx avx2 
               bmi1 bmi2 bts clflush clflushopt cmov constant_tsc cpuid cpuid_fault cx16 cx8 de ds_cpl 
               dtes64 dtherm dts ept ept_ad erms est f16c flexpriority flush_l1d fma fpu fsgsbase fxsr 
               ht hwp hwp_act_window hwp_epp hwp_notify ibpb ibrs ida intel_pt invpcid invpcid_single 
               lahf_lm lm mca mce md_clear mmx monitor movbe mpx msr mtrr nonstop_tsc nopl nx pae pat 
               pbe pcid pclmulqdq pdcm pdpe1gb pebs pge pln pni popcnt pse pse36 pti pts rdrand rdseed 
               rdtscp rep_good sdbg sep smap smep ss ssbd sse sse2 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 stibp syscall 
               tm tm2 tpr_shadow tsc tsc_adjust tsc_deadline_timer vme vmx vnmi vpid x2apic xgetbv1 
               xsave xsavec xsaveopt xsaves xtopology xtpr 
               Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: KVM: VMX disabled 
               Type: l1tf mitigation: PTE Inversion; VMX: conditional cache flushes, SMT disabled 
               Type: mds mitigation: Clear CPU buffers; SMT disabled 
               Type: meltdown mitigation: PTI 
               Type: spec_store_bypass 
               mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp 
               Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization 
               Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full generic retpoline, IBPB: conditional, IBRS_FW, STIBP: 
               disabled, RSB filling 
               Type: srbds mitigation: Microcode 
               Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected 
    Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GM206 [GeForce GTX 960] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia 
               v: 460.91.03 bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:1401 class-ID: 0300 
               Device-2: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo 
               bus-ID: 1-6:3 chip-ID: 046d:082d class-ID: 0102 serial: <filter> 
               Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nvidia 
               unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,nouveau,vesa alternate: nv display-ID: :0.0 screens: 1 
               Screen-1: 0 s-res: 3840x1080 s-dpi: 90 s-size: 1084x301mm (42.7x11.9") 
               s-diag: 1125mm (44.3") 
               Monitor-1: HDMI-0 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 93 size: 527x296mm (20.7x11.7") 
               diag: 604mm (23.8") 
               Monitor-2: DP-0 res: 1920x1080 dpi: 90 size: 544x303mm (21.4x11.9") diag: 623mm (24.5") 
               OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 460.91.03 
               direct render: Yes 
    Audio:     Device-1: Intel 100 Series/C230 Series Family HD Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI 
               driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:a170 class-ID: 0403 
               Device-2: NVIDIA GM206 High Definition Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI 
               driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 10de:0fba class-ID: 0403 
               Device-3: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo 
               bus-ID: 1-6:3 chip-ID: 046d:082d class-ID: 0102 serial: <filter> 
               Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.10.27-antix.1-amd64-smp running: yes 
    Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Micro-Star MSI 
               driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus-ID: 02:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200 
               IP v4: <filter> scope: global broadcast: <filter> 
               IP v6: <filter> type: dynamic mngtmpaddr scope: global 
               IP v6: <filter> scope: link 
               WAN IP: <filter> 
    Bluetooth: Message: No bluetooth data found. 
    Logical:   Message: No logical block device data found. 
    RAID:      Message: No RAID data found. 
    Drives:    Local Storage: total: 1.38 TiB used: 15.24 GiB (1.1%) 
               SMART Message: Unable to run smartctl. Root privileges required. 
               ID-1: /dev/sda maj-min: 8:0 vendor: Kingston model: SUV400S37240G size: 223.57 GiB 
               block-size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s type: SSD serial: <filter> 
               rev: D6SD scheme: GPT 
               ID-2: /dev/sdb maj-min: 8:16 vendor: Seagate model: ST1000DM003-1SB102 size: 931.51 GiB 
               block-size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s type: HDD rpm: 7200 
               serial: <filter> rev: CC43 scheme: GPT 
               ID-3: /dev/sdc maj-min: 8:32 type: USB vendor: SanDisk model: SD9SN8W256G 
               size: 232.89 GiB block-size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B type: SSD serial: <filter> 
               rev: 1012 scheme: MBR 
               SMART Message: Unknown USB bridge. Flash drive/Unsupported enclosure? 
               ID-4: /dev/sdd maj-min: 8:48 type: USB vendor: SanDisk model: USB 3.2Gen1 
               size: 28.65 GiB block-size: physical: 512 B logical: 512 B type: N/A serial: <filter> 
               rev: 1.00 scheme: MBR 
               SMART Message: Unknown USB bridge. Flash drive/Unsupported enclosure? 
               Optical-1: /dev/sr0 vendor: HL-DT-ST model: DVDRAM GH24NSD1 rev: LG00 
               dev-links: cdrom,cdrw,dvd,dvdrw 
               Features: speed: 12 multisession: yes audio: yes dvd: yes rw: cd-r,cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-ram 
               state: running 
    Partition: ID-1: / raw-size: 20 GiB size: 19.69 GiB (98.43%) used: 5.5 GiB (27.9%) fs: ext2 
               dev: /dev/sdd2 maj-min: 8:50 label: rootantiX21 
               uuid: 1d7606f5-9ae7-468e-a9c9-020aea14423a 
               ID-2: /media/Wallon/DATA2 raw-size: 6.65 GiB size: 6.64 GiB (99.80%) used: 56 KiB (0.0%) 
               fs: vfat dev: /dev/sdd3 maj-min: 8:51 label: DATA2 uuid: F144-808B 
               ID-3: /media/Wallon/DataLinux raw-size: 188.88 GiB size: 188.88 GiB (100.00%) 
               used: 98.9 MiB (0.1%) fs: ntfs dev: /dev/sdc3 maj-min: 8:35 label: DataLinux 
               uuid: 45E6718D5B4AA9FF 
               ID-4: /media/Wallon/rootMX raw-size: 40 GiB size: 39.12 GiB (97.81%) 
               used: 9.64 GiB (24.7%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdc2 maj-min: 8:34 label: rootMX 
               uuid: 5f41a82a-ff58-42e6-ba79-7852d0c687a0 
    Swap:      Kernel: swappiness: 10 (default 60) cache-pressure: 50 (default 100) 
               ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 2 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2 dev: /dev/sdd1 
               maj-min: 8:49 label: swapantiX uuid: 48ea9119-2ed5-4452-a0b7-9c1aaafcd6ee 
    Unmounted: ID-1: /dev/sda1 maj-min: 8:1 size: 450 MiB fs: ntfs label: N/A uuid: 767C9A4C7C9A0751 
               ID-2: /dev/sda2 maj-min: 8:2 size: 99 MiB fs: vfat label: N/A uuid: CA5D-855D 
               ID-3: /dev/sda3 maj-min: 8:3 size: 16 MiB fs: <superuser required> label: N/A uuid: N/A 
               ID-4: /dev/sda4 maj-min: 8:4 size: 222.51 GiB fs: ntfs label: N/A 
               uuid: 460E63F10E63D907 
               ID-5: /dev/sda5 maj-min: 8:5 size: 521 MiB fs: ntfs label: N/A uuid: F2844E49844E1091 
               ID-6: /dev/sdb1 maj-min: 8:17 size: 128 MiB fs: <superuser required> label: N/A 
               uuid: N/A 
               ID-7: /dev/sdb2 maj-min: 8:18 size: 931.39 GiB fs: ntfs label: HDD 1To 
               uuid: 6640C99340C969FF 
               ID-8: /dev/sdc1 maj-min: 8:33 size: 4 GiB fs: swap label: N/A 
               uuid: 5e76f17c-ea8b-4647-929a-6f0c2fef371c 
    USB:       Hub-1: 1-0:1 info: Full speed (or root) Hub ports: 16 rev: 2.0 speed: 480 Mb/s 
               chip-ID: 1d6b:0002 class-ID: 0900 
               Device-1: 1-5:35 info: MGE UPS Systems UPS type: HID driver: hid-generic,usbhid 
               interfaces: 1 rev: 1.1 speed: 1.5 Mb/s power: 20mA chip-ID: 0463:ffff class-ID: 0300 
               serial: <filter> 
               Device-2: 1-6:3 info: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 type: Video,Audio 
               driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo interfaces: 4 rev: 2.0 speed: 480 Mb/s power: 500mA 
               chip-ID: 046d:082d class-ID: 0102 serial: <filter> 
               Device-3: 1-9:4 info: Logitech M105 Optical Mouse type: Mouse 
               driver: hid-generic,usbhid interfaces: 1 rev: 2.0 speed: 1.5 Mb/s power: 100mA 
               chip-ID: 046d:c077 class-ID: 0301 
               Device-4: 1-10:5 info: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 (model 1576) type: Keyboard,HID 
               driver: hid-generic,usbhid interfaces: 2 rev: 2.0 speed: 1.5 Mb/s power: 100mA 
               chip-ID: 045e:07f8 class-ID: 0300 
               Device-5: 1-12:6 info: Genesys Logic USB 2.0 Multislot Card Reader/Writer 
               type: Mass Storage driver: usb-storage interfaces: 1 rev: 2.0 speed: 480 Mb/s 
               power: 500mA chip-ID: 05e3:0716 class-ID: 0806 serial: <filter> 
               Hub-2: 2-0:1 info: Full speed (or root) Hub ports: 8 rev: 3.0 speed: 5 Gb/s 
               chip-ID: 1d6b:0003 class-ID: 0900 
               Device-1: 2-1:2 info: SanDisk Ultra Flair type: Mass Storage driver: usb-storage 
               interfaces: 1 rev: 3.2 speed: 5 Gb/s power: 896mA chip-ID: 0781:5591 class-ID: 0806 
               serial: <filter> 
               Device-2: 2-4:3 info: SanDisk Extreme SSD type: Mass Storage driver: uas interfaces: 1 
               rev: 3.1 speed: 5 Gb/s power: 896mA chip-ID: 0781:558c class-ID: 0806 serial: <filter> 
    Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 45.5 C mobo: 29.8 C gpu: nvidia temp: 40 C 
               Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 0% 
    Repos:     Packages: apt: 1640 lib: 773 
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list 
               1: deb http: //la.mxrepo.com/antix/bullseye bullseye main nosystemd nonfree
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bullseye-backports.list 
               1: deb http: //deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main contrib non-free
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-stable-updates.list 
               1: deb http: //ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
               Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list 
               1: deb http: //ftp.gr.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free
               2: deb http: //security.debian.org/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
               No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list 
    Processes: CPU top: 5 of 179 
               1: cpu: 4.1% command: firefox-esr pid: 20269 mem: 284.9 MiB (1.7%) 
               2: cpu: 3.5% command: firefox-esr pid: 2911 mem: 381.9 MiB (2.3%) 
               3: cpu: 1.8% command: firefox-esr pid: 4914 mem: 199.7 MiB (1.2%) 
               4: cpu: 0.9% command: xorg pid: 2234 mem: 107.1 MiB (0.6%) 
               5: cpu: 0.6% command: firefox-esr pid: 3030 mem: 164.8 MiB (1.0%) 
               Memory top: 5 of 179 
               1: mem: 381.9 MiB (2.3%) command: firefox-esr pid: 2911 cpu: 3.5% 
               2: mem: 284.9 MiB (1.7%) command: firefox-esr pid: 20269 cpu: 4.1% 
               3: mem: 199.7 MiB (1.2%) command: firefox-esr pid: 4914 cpu: 1.8% 
               4: mem: 164.8 MiB (1.0%) command: firefox-esr pid: 3030 cpu: 0.6% 
               5: mem: 139.2 MiB (0.8%) command: firefox-esr pid: 2972 cpu: 0.0% 
    Info:      Processes: 179 Uptime: 2h 26m wakeups: 1 Init: SysVinit v: 2.96 runlevel: 5 default: 5 
               tool: service Compilers: gcc: 10.2.1 alt: 10 Client: shell wrapper v: 5.1.4-release 
               inxi: 3.3.06

Attachments:
    ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

absolutely agree with comment from andyprough,

Quote: I tried the runit version tonight. I’m always amazed at how fast antiX runit is when I haven’t been using it for awhile.
    It’s a bit jarring. Maybe you should slow it down so you don’t give the users a heart attack. Add the Gnome desktop or something super bloaty to it.

I run the beta runit version most of the time these days, the most jarring effect comes when asked to fix a buntu installation, LXDE feels sluggish,
    Gnome like being sucked in to a black hole or a slowmotion movie.

@anticapitalista, one more time my sincere thanks for starting the runit experiment.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by ModdIt.
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Wallon,

0. Save a copy of your default script with a different name
    1. Run your default script.
    2. Run arandr and fix everything that is wrong and apply
    3. From top menubar Layout, Save As, and replace default.sh

Wallon
    Helpful
    Up

Dear BobC,
    It’s what I have done.
    Best regards,
    Wallon

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Wallon,

1. Did you try the setting in IceWM called FullScreenUseAllMonitors?
    2. I don’t think IceWM by itself supports creating a taskbar that covers 2 screens. Maybe there is a way with another program to fool IceWM into treating the entire area of both screens as one.
    3. #2 would affect programs like screenshots, etc. Did you try “custom area” or “cursor select” and try to draw the box across both screens?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.