antiX-bullseye-beta1 iso files available. 64 bit only

Forum Forums News Announcements antiX-bullseye-beta1 iso files available. 64 bit only

Tagged: 

• This topic has 175 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated Sep 17-11:33 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

running antix updater fails the first time

This is because of changes in desktop-session-antix and moving all xsession files from desktop-defaults-<window-manager>-antix to desktop-defaults-<file-manager>-antix.
    I recommend, when the upgrade comes from antiX19 to 21 (once it is ready), to first update desktop-session-antix, then all desktop-defaults-<window-manager>-antix packages and finally all desktop-defaults-<file-manager>-antix packages. This will make the update easier.

also after updating the choose startup services doesn’t work

It doesn’t work because of what I explained before. Debian doesn’t manage runit services at all (the Debian runit maintainer prepared and requested a change two years ago to include runit into all these programs, but it was ignored for some reason), and they broke compatibility between the “init” and “init-system-helpers” packages and runit (fortunately anticapitalista took charge for antiX).

For managing runit services, you can see all running services with:
    sudo sv status /etc/service/*
    Stop or start them with
    sudo sv start/stop <service-name>
    And to remove them from startup, you can either mandate them to remain down
    sudo touch /etc/service/<service-name>/down
    or exclude them entirely from available services (don’t worry, this is reversible) with
    sudo rm /etc/service/<service-name>

For sysvinit services, the usual “sudo update-rc <service-name> remove/defaults”, to remove from startup or add to startup

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

thanks, still getting used to runit. just mentioned the previous as I didn’t
    see it in the thread at all. haven’t tried the sysvinit version. The repo manager
    also doesn’t set the repos correctly in antix.list file. it changed the testing one
    but not bullseye.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

for any users still using 21-b1-runit …. (b2 is more recommended for new downloads and testing).
    and update today produce an apt upgrade error as shown in screenshot but is fixed by
    running
    apt --fix-broken install
    apt autoremove
    apt upgrade

but talk on solid was running over 11 days uptime, online, only one update. few kinks that were already stated.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added to it

Normal == 🙂

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

@linuxdaddy – you must have the dev repo enabled (not recommended as you found out).
    Latest upgrades (without dev enabled) may give some ugly warnings, but there should be no need to do apt -f install

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

oops did have the dev enabled. turned off and an
    update today only gave one warning with old connman script,
    but said trying the new script went ok. so all good.

Normal == 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Does anyone have stability issues with any of the recent Opera Web browser updates? It HAD been working fine; yesterday it was failing on 70-80% of all Web sites, including the antiX forum. Maybe another update will resolve this?

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Other than that, I’ve mot recently seen any issues with the software I’ve been testing at all.

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I should have posted these comments in the NEWER thread, but since I already posted here, I’ll post another comment regarding the Opera browser here too:
    I tried it on Debian and the version reported is Version:79.0.4143.22; this version, for better or for worse, works fine.

I’ll try MX Linux and my two antiX images on this system and see if anything (BETA 2 for BOTH runit and sysvinit images) has resolved the issue; if not, the version cited above could be an alternative.

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Version:78.0.4093.184 is being used by MX Linux on one of my systems and that works too.

Brian Masinick

RickyRaccoon
    Helpful
    Up

I should have posted these comments in the NEWER thread, but since I already posted here, I’ll post another comment regarding the Opera browser here too:
    I tried it on Debian and the version reported is Version:79.0.4143.22; this version, for better or for worse, works fine.

I’ll try MX Linux and my two antiX images on this system and see if anything (BETA 2 for BOTH runit and sysvinit images) has resolved the issue; if not, the version cited above could be an alternative.

I’m having trouble with 79.0.4143.22 also. Last update antiX made, to that version, it broke. Doing the same thing, breaking on half the web pages out there. Today I updated to the same version, when booted to Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon, through the update manager and it’s running fine under Mint.

Note that this isn’t with the beta ISO- this is with the regular antiX 19.4 release. I have 19.4 on two different machines, and getting the same errors when trying to use Opera in the current version. I haven’t tried MX Linux yet- don’t have it installed atm but on Mint it’s fine.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

You’re right: Version: 78.0.4093.184 on MX Linux WORKS.
    I updated it a short while ago and many sites no longer work, so it’s probably an issue with either Javascript or one of the other features in HTML5 based Opera browser’s latest update.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Brian Masinick. Reason: Fix sentence

Brian Masinick

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.